Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quinn Gray signing

Post Quinn Gray signing

Do think we should play the guy? Up until Thigpen's performance against the Bucs, I was the biggest supporter of giving Gray some playing time as soon as he's learned the offense, but 'ole number 4 looked like he might continue to improve (let's hope so). However, Gray did look like he had the potential to play well in the league in his little amount of playing time with Jacksonville over the past couple of seasons.

I dunno, I'm on the fence.

I think it's Tyler's job to lose at this point. He has done some good stuff, even against a pretty good Bucs defense.

You let Tyler play until he starts consistently playing like he did in Atlanta.

Tyler should play out the year... meryy go round QB's never helps anyone. Again the odds of not having a bd game or two for ANY QB in the league is doubtful. Let the team gel with a single guy at the helm.

sometimes you armback coaches sound like baseball fans that say... he struck out last time.. put in a pinch hitter..

this is the youngest team in the NFl... let them learn together...

Quote Originally Posted by twhite85 View Post
    Do think we should play the guy? Up until Thigpen's performance against the Bucs, I was the biggest supporter of giving Gray some playing time as soon as he's learned the offense, but 'ole number 4 looked like he might continue to improve (let's hope so). However, Gray did look like he had the potential to play well in the league in his little amount of playing time with Jacksonville over the past couple of seasons.

It makes no sense for the Chiefs to start Quinn Grey right now. That have to find out whether Tyler Thigpen is a NFL-caliber QB to see whether he can start for them next year while grooming a QB of the future.

Tyler Thigpen gives them, by far, their best chance to win a couple more games this year. The difference between going 4-12 and 1-15 is huge.

Well ya know what happens if you sit on the fence too long; you get chafed buns.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Thigpen should play out the year win, lose or draw. I think we signed Gray to a 2 year contract anyways, so let him keep learning the playbook and let him compete with Thipen, Gray and Croyle (if hes still here) for the starting job in training camp. Thigpen has shown some promise so far so we need to see if he can build on that and take the hits and stay focused after throwing a pick.

What do we know about Gray?
    Now in March of 2008 he got picked up by the Texans but got released in June of 2008, then he got picked up by the Colts but again he got released on August 30, 2008. Nobody wants him for whatever reason, so Thigpen should be given every chance to show us if he's da man or not! Finish the season with THIGPEN!!!!

Haha. Sounds like everyone agrees. I'm definitely leaning toward letting Thigpen finish the season at this point. But if he has a few more games like Atlanta, I think we should give Quinn a shot.

I wonder if we can account for some of Thigpen's success over the last few weeks to Gray's signing. I realize that the offensive playcalling has helped considerably, but I'm thinking Gray's signing may have lit a fire under Thigpen's... uh... behind.

Haha. Sounds like everyone agrees. I'm definitely leaning toward letting Thigpen finish the season at this point. But if he has a few more games like Atlanta, I think we should give Quinn a shot.

I wonder if we can account for some of Thigpen's success over the last few weeks to Gray's signing. I realize that the offensive playcalling has helped considerably, but I'm thinking Gray's signing may have lit a fire under Thigpen's... uh... behind.
    Success is mostly due to the Bradley signing and letting Chan/Thigpen run the spread offense. Getting a legitimate number 2WR was huge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast