Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who should the Chiefs draft?

Default Who should the Chiefs draft?

A discussion on who the Chiefs should draft in the 2009 NFL draft.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    If Pioli lands here and Brady looks good for 2009, don't be shocked if we trade for Cassel. Swap 1st rounders and throw in our 3rd would be the probable trade (IMO).
    I do not think the pat's will let Cassel go, Brady's rehab is behind schedule, Billicheat would be stupid to let Cassel be traded. imo

If Pioli lands here and Brady looks good for 2009, don't be shocked if we trade for Cassel. Swap 1st rounders and throw in our 3rd would be the probable trade (IMO).
    I am not convinced that Matt Cassel will be that great. But, if he is, that deal doesnt sound too bad. Maybe Duke Robinson will be available there. Pick him up, and a free agent RT, and our O-line is 4/5 of the way to becoming the best in the league again. In the 2nd round we can get the best DE available or maybe Brian Cushing OLB from USC. Pick up a good DE in FA, and one LB in FA.

Only problem is that I have not been super impressed with cassel to think he is worth it. If I was certain he could continue his successes without Wes Welker, Randy Moss and Ben Watson I would definitely go with this trade. I just am not convinced that he will be a perennially great QB.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I am not convinced that Matt Cassel will be that great. But, if he is, that deal doesnt sound too bad. Maybe Duke Robinson will be available there. Pick him up, and a free agent RT, and our O-line is 4/5 of the way to becoming the best in the league again. In the 2nd round we can get the best DE available or maybe Brian Cushing OLB from USC. Pick up a good DE in FA, and one LB in FA.

Only problem is that I have not been super impressed with cassel to think he is worth it. If I was certain he could continue his successes without Wes Welker, Randy Moss and Ben Watson I would definitely go with this trade. I just am not convinced that he will be a perennially great QB.
    I wasn't meaning to imply I thought it a great trade for us - just a likely one. Between the link between Pioli and Cassel and the probability that (right or wrong) we're changing QBs either through the draft or FA, it seems to make sense that it's what our new GM would do.

I wasn't meaning to imply I thought it a great trade for us - just a likely one. Between the link between Pioli and Cassel and the probability that (right or wrong) we're changing QBs either through the draft or FA, it seems to make sense that it's what our new GM would do.
    I really hope we don't trade for Cassel. He is surrounded by talent in NE and is in a great qb system. His team is making him look good. I think he is ultimately a solid 2nd stringer at best.

I would prefer not having Cassel, I haven't seen any real skillset that he has over Thig...except maybe being taller and slower. And in the 4th or 5th, I'd love to grab Ramses Barden too. You don't pass up a late round, 6'6", 235+ widereceiver.

Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post
    I would prefer not having Cassel, I haven't seen any real skillset that he has over Thig...except maybe being taller and slower. And in the 4th or 5th, I'd love to grab Ramses Barden too. You don't pass up a late round, 6'6", 235+ widereceiver.
    I was reading about that guy too. He would definitely be an intriguing pick (and fun to use in Madden too!)

Ramses Barden, 2009 NFL Draft Prospect

they should draft this guy in the third round. he is going to be an awesome de high motor and pretty quick. he reminds me of jared allan i watched him all year long he never gives up on a play

Paul Kruger, DE, Utah
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 260.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.64.
    Projected Round (2009): 3.

Coming off a national championship victory over Alabama, Paul Kruger has decided to declare for the 2009 NFL Draft as a mere redshirt sophomore. Though he could stay in school until he's 2011, I really don't have a problem with this; chances are, his stock will never be higher than it is now. Then again, he could continue to get better and eventually increase his stock enough that he becomes first-round material.

I have seen him, and I'd be good with him instead of wasting the 1st pick. I couldn't help but notice the dramatization, mere redshirt sophomore=junior not allowed to play one year, but whatever.

Crabtree or bust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Bust. Fix lines.
    SHUT IT

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast