Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who should the Chiefs draft?

Default Who should the Chiefs draft?

A discussion on who the Chiefs should draft in the 2009 NFL draft.

There's a good chance Johnson will be available when we pick in the 2nd round.. he's considered a strong underarchiever in college. Scouts Inc. actually has 5 other DEs ranked ahead of him right now.

Tyson Jackson could be an interesting prospect. He's suited to play DE in either a 4-3 or 3-4, and Dorsey dominated when playing next to him in college. He's also EXCELLENT against the running game, so he's a 3 down end for sure. A bit of an underachiever also, however... he was a bigger prospect than Dorsey coming out of high school.
    Last edited by yashi; 01-22-2009 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    However, Johnson is still unproven. He does not look the same potential that Mario Williams was a few years ago. I like the idea of Johnson, if we had another first round. At #3, it may be too high for Johnson.

Loadholt is not bad, except he had problems continuing his blocks. I know he'd be an instant upgrade over McIntosh at RT, but in the second round we could grab someone like OG Herman Johnson or OC Alex Mack then grab say OT Alex Boone in the third or fourth. Boone may even still be around in the fifth. So we'll see how this turns out.
    I don't think Mack will be available in the 2nd. I think he'll be gone mid-to-late 1st. If he's there in the 2nd, we should to jump on him.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345