Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who should the Chiefs draft?

Default Who should the Chiefs draft?

A discussion on who the Chiefs should draft in the 2009 NFL draft.

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy1266 View Post
    A discussion on who the Chiefs should draft in the 2009 NFL draft.
    The biggest, ugliest, meanest, fatest, offensive lineman that is out there.

After that... get another one.

Draft me
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

The following is a list of the OFFENSIVE players the Chiefs should draft. I think they should draft Michael Crabtree in the first round. They should draft Javon Ringer, C.J. Spiller, or Jeremiah Johnson in the second round. If they don't want to stick with Tyler Thigpen at qb they could draft Josh Freeman, Graham Harrel, Rhett Bomar, or Stephen McGee in the third round. If they do want to stick with Thigpen they could draft Duke Robinson, Alex Mack, or Ciron Black in the third round. Brandon Pettigrew, Jermaine Gresham, or Chase Coffman in the fourth round. They could draft Kenny Britt, Brandon LaFell, or Juaquin Iglesias in the fifth round. They could draft Brad Lester, Adrian Foster, or Andre Brown in the sixth round. They could draft Curtis Painter, Louis Murphy, James Davis, Shawn Nelson, Jason Smith, or Jonathan Luigs in the seventh round.
    Last edited by coolguy1266; 11-08-2008 at 09:41 PM.

Crabtree is looking like a beast tonight!!!!

IF he has one of the best Combines in history for WR's I don't see how the chiefs could pass him up.

it looks to me that they need Defense. 1st round, middle linebacker-2nd to 3rd round a decent RG

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    Crabtree is looking like a beast tonight!!!!

IF he has one of the best Combines in history for WR's I don't see how the chiefs could pass him up.
    You dont think the insane vampire known as Al Davis will let him go to any other team if he has a great combine? Al Davis is so crazy he would trade half his team to get that guy.

So, you would have us go WR, RB, QB, TE, WR, RB then CB?

And I thought that Herm was as bad as hey get about ignoring the offensive line.

You have us paying op dollar for a third starting WR. Then, with an early second round pick, you list a fourth starting HB.

QB, I agree needs to be looked at some point.

Then, for the third season in a row, you would have us drafting a TE.

Just to come back and select yet another WR and RB. (Presumably 4th and 5th string guys, at best.)

Then you want a CB.

I think it is amazing that you have completely ignored three of the teams top four needs, with seven rounds. If you count two O-line spots as one position.

No O-line, whatsoever. Zero LBs listed and no DEs?

I don't think that even Herm/CP can ignore that many starting positions for more backups.

I'll grant you the need for a WR, but that would be far below he other needs.

Exactly what teams needs were you looking at though? It certainly doesn't look like it would fit for The Kansas City Chiefs.

Just for good measure, I will do mine, by position, for the most part.

I would prety-much finish my offensive line, right out of the gates, by taking Michael Oher, or Eugene Monroe.

Monroe is the player that was so good at LT at Virginia, that he forced our own Bradon Albert in to RG. If he can do that again, then we would have successfully addressed the retirements of Roaf and Shields. (Finally.)

Beyond that, aside from my not knowing all of the players, it's impossible to determine who would be available. So, I would just hope that there was some sort of pass-rush DE on the boards, when we draft for the second round, or we get a LB.

After that, we would need a QB, as well as the LB/DE that we didn't take in the 2nd.

If we were to fill those positions in the third and fourth, then I could look at CB and WR for the later rounds.

As far as HB, even if we magically rid ourselves of LJ, we already have Smith and Charles from the past two drafts. All I would want is a vet to throw in the mix.

We have also taken a TE in each of the past two drafts. And Cottam isn't looking all that bad right now.

Over the past eight drafts, The Chiefs have selected ten defensive linemen in the top-four rounds. And I have us taking another one.

Of those ten picks, we have had one success, and Hali is the next closest thing. Obviously, the jury is still out on a few, (Tyler, Dorsey and McBride) but we can't just keeping throwing draft picks at the area either.

But, with the only proven success having been traded away, we continue to have big needs on the D-line.

So, the only position that I would consider for our first pick would be DE. But it would need to be a player that has enormous talent, to knock me off of my O-line pick.

Anyway, I don't mean to bash your opinions. I just don't think that you are very in-tune with our team needs.

He prefaced his post by saying that was his opinions on the Offensive side of the ball. I don't think he was saying to make all those picks, just that if they are going Offense, that's what he thinks should be available and targeted.

At least that's how I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by TRB05 View Post
    He prefaced his post by saying that was his opinions on the Offensive side of the ball. I don't think he was saying to make all those picks, just that if they are going Offense, that's what he thinks should be available and targeted.

At least that's how I read it.
    Yeah. I kinda picked that up, myself. But it stated that they "should" draft them, and it ended with a CB. (I think.)

Plus, there was still no mention of either O-line position that should be filled.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast