Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 111

Thread: 2 point conversion

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,471
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

    Default 2 point conversion


    0 Not allowed!
    what the hell herm you clown this just proves you do not have a clue

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rustfan76 View Post
    Didn't the Chiefs stop SD to get the ball back and drive for that last TD, what makes you think they couldn't do it again in OT.
    400 total yards of offense, 4 scoring drives, 2 of which came just before that defensive stop and 5 drives of 45 yards or more might offer a clue.

    Not to mention, it seems a little much to think a defense full of 3rd and 4th teamers could do that again after the game they just had.

    Your offense had ONE first down the ENTIRE 2nd half before that scoring drive. You're on the road and 1-7. What is there to lose? If Gonzo isn't held on that play, he's wide open in the corner. Go watch the re-play. Why do you think he was so pissed? The call was the right one.

    It really doesn't matter what he would've done at the end of the game, every Herm hater would've been on his *** regardless.

    I wonder if you haters thought it was a bad decision for the Chiefs to go for two against the Raiders a few years ago when Vermeil was calling the game.... you know, the game they won? I doubt y'all hated that decision also. Except, they were at home with a much better record, a much better offense and a much better defense. But, they got the 2pts and everyone praised the decision. I bet y'all did too. Hypocrites.

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    If they lose the coin flip, they lose the game being SD had the ball for almost 35 mins.

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,413
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 66

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    You still have a better chance in overtime! How many 2 point attempts are actually made?

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    You still have a better chance in overtime! How many 2 point attempts are actually made?
    A better chance... like last week?

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    400 total yards of offense, 4 scoring drives, 2 of which came just before that defensive stop and 5 drives of 45 yards or more might offer a clue.

    Not to mention, it seems a little much to think a defense full of 3rd and 4th teamers could do that again after the game they just had.

    Your offense had ONE first down the ENTIRE 2nd half before that scoring drive. You're on the road and 1-7. What is there to lose? If Gonzo isn't held on that play, he's wide open in the corner. Go watch the re-play. Why do you think he was so pissed? The call was the right one.

    It really doesn't matter what he would've done at the end of the game, every Herm hater would've been on his *** regardless.

    I wonder if you haters thought it was a bad decision for the Chiefs to go for two against the Raiders a few years ago when Vermeil was calling the game.... you know, the game they won? I doubt y'all hated that decision also. Except, they were at home with a much better record, a much better offense and a much better defense. But, they got the 2pts and everyone praised the decision. I bet y'all did too. Hypocrites.
    Do you mean the game in Oakland where we had the best RB in the game to run the ball? Not this one, where we couldn't punch it in from the 1 with our outmatched RB corps.

    It was an idiotic decision. Name one time - just one time - where a fan base booed because a coach took the game into overtime instead of going for two.

    If we lost the coin flip, yeah, we probably lost the game. But our chance of winning th coin flip was higher than our getting the two-point conversion at the end of this game.

    And yeah, I trust a SB winning coach with a winning record with a call like that instead of the mental midget whose now 1-18 over the past 19 games that we currently have on the sidelines.

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    559
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    A lot of people are jumping to the conclusion that we would have made the PAT....lets not forget about what happened on the first 2nd PAT of the game.
    Last edited by jerhart; 11-09-2008 at 09:30 PM.

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    A better chance... like last week?
    Do you mean last week, when our mental midget of a coach blew a 21 point lead?

    I'll give Herm credit - he finds creative ways to blow games.

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Do you mean last week, when our mental midget of a coach blew a 21 point lead?

    I'll give Herm credit - he finds creative ways to blow games.
    i like how the defense of taking it to overtime rests on the fact that "not a single group of fans has ever booed taking it into overtime."

    i wish i could hear every fan's opinion following an overtime loss.

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Do you mean the game in Oakland where we had the best RB in the game to run the ball? Not this one, where we couldn't punch it in from the 1 with our outmatched RB corps.

    It was an idiotic decision. Name one time - just one time - where a fan base booed because a coach took the game into overtime instead of going for two.

    If we lost the coin flip, yeah, we probably lost the game. But our chance of winning th coin flip was higher than our getting the two-point conversion at the end of this game.

    And yeah, I trust a SB winning coach with a winning record with a call like that instead of the mental midget whose now 1-18 over the past 19 games that we currently have on the sidelines.
    lmao... exactly.

    You WOULD think there's a better chance of winning a 50/50 coin toss, then driving 80 yards for a score with our offense and defense than a chance to score from the 2.

    You've been railing all year long about how horrible this team and coaching is but yet, you're willing to let that horrible team and coaching staff take the game to overtime and give them more chances to make poor plays and poor decisions. You can't have it both ways. Either this team is horrible and has almost zero chance to win in overtime or the team is horrible and they have a little bit better than zero chance to score from the 2.

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    lmao... exactly.

    You WOULD think there's a better chance of winning a 50/50 coin toss, then driving 80 yards for a score with our offense and defense than a chance to score from the 2.

    You've been railing all year long about how horrible this team and coaching is but yet, you're willing to let that horrible team and coaching staff take the game to overtime and give them more chances to make poor plays and poor decisions. You can't have it both ways. Either this team is horrible and has almost zero chance to win in overtime or the team is horrible and they have a little bit better than zero chance to score from the 2.
    1. We would only have to drive into FG range.

    2. Our chance of going the 40-50 yards for a field goal are a whole lot better than doing what we weren't able to do that last drive - go two yards in one play.

    3. When you have a great RB who can run for two yards, you might go for two. When you don't have RBs who can rush for two yards, then you don't. Is this hard to understand?

    4. Our offense is a whole lot better than it used to be, thanks to Gailey getting to open the playbook, signing Bradley, starting Thigpen, and getting that gimp Croyle finally off the team.

    So, I take it you couldn't come up with one instance of a HC being booed for going for OT?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •