Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 point conversion

Default 2 point conversion

what the hell herm you clown this just proves you do not have a clue

Quote Originally Posted by rustfan76 View Post
    Didn't the Chiefs stop SD to get the ball back and drive for that last TD, what makes you think they couldn't do it again in OT.
    400 total yards of offense, 4 scoring drives, 2 of which came just before that defensive stop and 5 drives of 45 yards or more might offer a clue.

Not to mention, it seems a little much to think a defense full of 3rd and 4th teamers could do that again after the game they just had.

Your offense had ONE first down the ENTIRE 2nd half before that scoring drive. You're on the road and 1-7. What is there to lose? If Gonzo isn't held on that play, he's wide open in the corner. Go watch the re-play. Why do you think he was so pissed? The call was the right one.

It really doesn't matter what he would've done at the end of the game, every Herm hater would've been on his *** regardless.

I wonder if you haters thought it was a bad decision for the Chiefs to go for two against the Raiders a few years ago when Vermeil was calling the game.... you know, the game they won? I doubt y'all hated that decision also. Except, they were at home with a much better record, a much better offense and a much better defense. But, they got the 2pts and everyone praised the decision. I bet y'all did too. Hypocrites.

If they lose the coin flip, they lose the game being SD had the ball for almost 35 mins.

You still have a better chance in overtime! How many 2 point attempts are actually made?

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    You still have a better chance in overtime! How many 2 point attempts are actually made?
    A better chance... like last week?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    400 total yards of offense, 4 scoring drives, 2 of which came just before that defensive stop and 5 drives of 45 yards or more might offer a clue.

Not to mention, it seems a little much to think a defense full of 3rd and 4th teamers could do that again after the game they just had.

Your offense had ONE first down the ENTIRE 2nd half before that scoring drive. You're on the road and 1-7. What is there to lose? If Gonzo isn't held on that play, he's wide open in the corner. Go watch the re-play. Why do you think he was so pissed? The call was the right one.

It really doesn't matter what he would've done at the end of the game, every Herm hater would've been on his *** regardless.

I wonder if you haters thought it was a bad decision for the Chiefs to go for two against the Raiders a few years ago when Vermeil was calling the game.... you know, the game they won? I doubt y'all hated that decision also. Except, they were at home with a much better record, a much better offense and a much better defense. But, they got the 2pts and everyone praised the decision. I bet y'all did too. Hypocrites.
    Do you mean the game in Oakland where we had the best RB in the game to run the ball? Not this one, where we couldn't punch it in from the 1 with our outmatched RB corps.

It was an idiotic decision. Name one time - just one time - where a fan base booed because a coach took the game into overtime instead of going for two.

If we lost the coin flip, yeah, we probably lost the game. But our chance of winning th coin flip was higher than our getting the two-point conversion at the end of this game.

And yeah, I trust a SB winning coach with a winning record with a call like that instead of the mental midget whose now 1-18 over the past 19 games that we currently have on the sidelines.

A lot of people are jumping to the conclusion that we would have made the PAT....lets not forget about what happened on the first 2nd PAT of the game.
    Last edited by jerhart; 11-09-2008 at 08:30 PM.

A better chance... like last week?
    Do you mean last week, when our mental midget of a coach blew a 21 point lead?

I'll give Herm credit - he finds creative ways to blow games.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Do you mean last week, when our mental midget of a coach blew a 21 point lead?

I'll give Herm credit - he finds creative ways to blow games.
    i like how the defense of taking it to overtime rests on the fact that "not a single group of fans has ever booed taking it into overtime."

i wish i could hear every fan's opinion following an overtime loss.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Do you mean the game in Oakland where we had the best RB in the game to run the ball? Not this one, where we couldn't punch it in from the 1 with our outmatched RB corps.

It was an idiotic decision. Name one time - just one time - where a fan base booed because a coach took the game into overtime instead of going for two.

If we lost the coin flip, yeah, we probably lost the game. But our chance of winning th coin flip was higher than our getting the two-point conversion at the end of this game.

And yeah, I trust a SB winning coach with a winning record with a call like that instead of the mental midget whose now 1-18 over the past 19 games that we currently have on the sidelines.
    lmao... exactly.

You WOULD think there's a better chance of winning a 50/50 coin toss, then driving 80 yards for a score with our offense and defense than a chance to score from the 2.

You've been railing all year long about how horrible this team and coaching is but yet, you're willing to let that horrible team and coaching staff take the game to overtime and give them more chances to make poor plays and poor decisions. You can't have it both ways. Either this team is horrible and has almost zero chance to win in overtime or the team is horrible and they have a little bit better than zero chance to score from the 2.

lmao... exactly.

You WOULD think there's a better chance of winning a 50/50 coin toss, then driving 80 yards for a score with our offense and defense than a chance to score from the 2.

You've been railing all year long about how horrible this team and coaching is but yet, you're willing to let that horrible team and coaching staff take the game to overtime and give them more chances to make poor plays and poor decisions. You can't have it both ways. Either this team is horrible and has almost zero chance to win in overtime or the team is horrible and they have a little bit better than zero chance to score from the 2.
    1. We would only have to drive into FG range.

2. Our chance of going the 40-50 yards for a field goal are a whole lot better than doing what we weren't able to do that last drive - go two yards in one play.

3. When you have a great RB who can run for two yards, you might go for two. When you don't have RBs who can rush for two yards, then you don't. Is this hard to understand?

4. Our offense is a whole lot better than it used to be, thanks to Gailey getting to open the playbook, signing Bradley, starting Thigpen, and getting that gimp Croyle finally off the team.

So, I take it you couldn't come up with one instance of a HC being booed for going for OT?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast