Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 point conversion

Default 2 point conversion

what the hell herm you clown this just proves you do not have a clue

Horrible decision to go for 2, IMO. In week one when we were 1st and goal trailing the Patsies 17-10, someone here asked, "If we get the td, go for 2?" I said, "NO WAY!" I can't believe Herm actually did that very thing in this case. Sure, if it had been successful we would have won and I'd be celebrating the victory. But I would not be praising Herm for the decision; I'd still be saying, "Well it worked, but I think it was insane to try such a thing."

It's also such a shame the 2nd qtr. extra point was botched, or we wouldn't have gone through this. Amazing how things keep happening to keep us in this excruciating slide that is now 1-17 in the last 18 games.

But the good news, of course, is we have only lost by 4,3, and 1 points respectively in the last 3 games. (Heck, the Rams lost 47-3 to the same Jets we nearly beat). We're not having games anymore like the Rams and Lions did today. And Thigpen did wonderful once again. Good times are ahead for the Chiefs!

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    The only mistake made was Thigpen trying to force it in to Gonzo when Bradley had a chance to squeeze it in. It's okay though, he's young and he'll make that play the more experience he gets. If you blame Herm for this loss or the way the Chiefs have lost in the past two weeks, you're delusional. He HAD to make that call. You don't go on the road and expect to win in overtime with a defense as beat up as ours. It was clear that our offense didn't have too many big drives left either. Good call, Herm. Sorry it didn't work out. Some of you fans might not believe in what Herm is doing but the players obviously do and that's why they're playing better than any incarnation of this team has in recent past. You can look at our record and say we're a pitiful team and blame the coach etc. but if you can't see by now that the youth movement is starting to work, then you're blind.
    Then call me blind... But you might want to get YOUR eyes checked...

Our defensive was on crutches. Going for two was the only call. You guys would be pissed either way. Shut up.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Our defensive was on crutches. Going for two was the only call. You guys would be pissed either way. Shut up.
    Hey Big Daddy Tek, why don't you shut the f*** up?

For the past three weeks, we've watched Herm Edwards blow leads and lose winnable games through terrible calls. Still people suuport him.

Our defense is the lousy defense he put together. Is it the worst in the league? Definitely. Would it be the worst defense in the league if it were 100% healthy? Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    lmao... exactly.

You WOULD think there's a better chance of winning a 50/50 coin toss, then driving 80 yards for a score with our offense and defense than a chance to score from the 2.

You've been railing all year long about how horrible this team and coaching is but yet, you're willing to let that horrible team and coaching staff take the game to overtime and give them more chances to make poor plays and poor decisions. You can't have it both ways. Either this team is horrible and has almost zero chance to win in overtime or the team is horrible and they have a little bit better than zero chance to score from the 2.
    Why can't it be both? Because I think this team is both.

And you need to get your facts straight, you don't have to drive it 80 yards for a TD, you only have to go about 50 yards for a doable FG.

The bottom line is, you give yourself the BEST chance to win the game, and going for the two points wasn't it.

It makes me laugh when I see people say things like "you can't assume you are going to make the extra point kick". Yes... you can. It's about a 99.5% guaranteed play in the NFL. Just do it and go into OT.

"Hey Big Daddy Tek, why don't you shut the f*** up?

For the past three weeks, we've watched Herm Edwards blow leads and lose winnable games through terrible calls. Still people suuport him."

lol wow.

wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Wow, just wow. Who in the WORLD thinks we'd win the game if we didn't get the coin flip? No one should be even close to arguing us stopping them in OT!

We don't get it in from the 1 in 2 tries, then we get it on an incredible catch by TG. We get moved back a yard and have one chance with a 2-point conversion, when we just failed to get it 2 times!? Sorry, but I'll take a 1/2 chance with the coin flip, rather than a 1/3 chance.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Wow, just wow. Who in the WORLD thinks we'd win the game if we didn't get the coin flip? No one should be even close to arguing us stopping them in OT!

We don't get it in from the 1 in 2 tries, then we get it on an incredible catch by TG. We get moved back a yard and have one chance with a 2-point conversion, when we just failed to get it 2 times!? Sorry, but I'll take a 1/2 chance with the coin flip, rather than a 1/3 chance.
    Exactly what this guy said.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    1. We would only have to drive into FG range.
    We did this how many times in the 2nd half?
    2. Our chance of going the 40-50 yards for a field goal are a whole lot better than doing what we weren't able to do that last drive - go two yards in one play.
    I have no doubt you believe this. That doesn't make you right though. sorry.
    3. When you have a great RB who can run for two yards, you might go for two. When you don't have RBs who can rush for two yards, then you don't. Is this hard to understand?
    So, you think the only way to get a 2 point conversion is to have a franchise RB? In your mind, run plays are the only successful 2pt plays, huh?
    4. Our offense is a whole lot better than it used to be, thanks to Gailey getting to open the playbook, signing Bradley, starting Thigpen, and getting that gimp Croyle finally off the team.
    Agreed. The fact remains though, that the Chiefs only had ONE first down the entire 2nd half before the TD. Also, you're argument is still relying on the hope that the Chiefs win the toss. There's no way that defense who was already gassed, comes up with another stand in overtime. They did good enough just getting the ball back in time for the Chiefs to drive and score.
    So, I take it you couldn't come up with one instance of a HC being booed for going for OT?
    This is just dumb. When you're at home with a healthy team who's been at the very least getting first downs, you play for overtime.

Not when you're on the road giving up 400 yards of offense, letting the other team keep the ball for the majority of the game and hoping your 3rd and 4th team, off the street free agents who haven't had a whole week of practice defense can keep the 6th ranked passing defense from driving (what was it you said, 40-50 yards) into field goal range. OR when you have an offense who doesn't have a rushing attack and who has only been able to manage 1 first down the first 28 minutes of the 2nd half.

But guess what, the Chiefs, have both.
    What happens if the Chiefs actually DO win the toss? Now, they're going AGAINST the wind, so that takes out your 40-50 yard theory for a field goal. What happens if the Chiefs go 3-out like they did for the majority of the first half, then they punt against the wind to the Charger's 40 (not including a run-back)? What are you on here spewing? My guess is that Herm is gutless, too conservative and is a horrible coach... *shocking*

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    3. When you have a great RB who can run for two yards, you might go for two. When you don't have RBs who can rush for two yards, then you don't. Is this hard to understand?
    So, you think the only way to get a 2 point conversion is to have a franchise RB? In your mind, run plays are the only successful 2pt plays, huh?
    We're never going to agree, but I had to tackle this one point. Without a significant running threat, you have very little chance of converting a two-point conversion. You don't have to run, but without that threat, the defense can cover most of the endzone without fear.

I do like how you've (finally) come off the Croyle bandwagon.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast