Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2 point conversion

Default 2 point conversion

what the hell herm you clown this just proves you do not have a clue

I liked the call. 1-8, nothing to lose, conservative coach who needs to shed that label if he wants a chance at a job ever again, a QB having an excellent game.... why not?

You either win the game, or you don't get it, try an onside kick with 30 seconds left and still an outside chance, but likely lose. If the game goes to OT, the Chargers easily win if they win the toss... the Chiefs may or may not have won if they won the toss.

It was an obvious call in my opinion...

Onto the playcall... The designed bootleg was the most obvious call ever, and the Chargers sniffed it out from a mile away. A BETTER call would have been a designed QB run up the gut from a shotgun formation since the ends were cutting outside every play. It worked for Schaub and the Texans a few weeks ago if anyone saw that game, and Thigpen is 100x faster than Schaub.

The Chiefs should never been in a position to be in a 2 point conversion attempt. That pass interference call against Hart was ridiculous. We should have been feeling fortunate to have a 2 point play and Herm made the right decision to go for 2.
    I wouldn't get too excited about 400 yards offense either, the Chargers are a sieve defensively.
    Chiefs are making progress, we all knew they would not be contenders. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    It will come with a new coach.
    [ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=x55tMpAHuI8"]YouTube - The Four Tops-It's The Same Old Song (great 1966 color clip)[/ame]
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    You still have a better chance in overtime! How many 2 point attempts are actually made?
    Actually Chris Mortenson had some stats pulled for the post game show on ESPN and said they both (coin flip and 2 point conversion) were about 50%. Besides, your on the road. Go for the win if you have a shot at it!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Coming from the biggest Herm Hater on the board. I like the call. I didn't yesterday but I do today. The Chiefs are 1-7. It gave the ball to a young player and told him to win the game. Unfortunately the play sucked and he didn't get a good chance at doing so.
    Sorry Seek, you are not even in the top three of Herm Haters on this board. The real true number one biggest Herm Hater has been absent for a while, but my heart still goes out to him.

You might be number four, but my money is actually on number 5 on the Herm Hater top 5 list.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Sorry Seek, you are not even in the top three of Herm Haters on this board. The real true number one biggest Herm Hater has been absent for a while, but my heart still goes out to him.

You might be number four, but my money is actually on number 5 on the Herm Hater top 5 list.
    Don't count me out, even though my name is not HH.. I could be right there... I just don't usually comment about it, and blame everything on Herm. I always view those type of people as shollow minded uneducated people. I don't want the reputation of being one of those constantly negative members. I am trying to be positive.

Trust me, my family knows where I stand, and I have converted them all to my side. No announcer can say one thing positive during a game about Herm without correcting them.

I already did the most I could by not renewing my season ticket vowing to never buy another one until he is fired. I still love this team, and I don't wish for our team to fail, but I do hope there is a way to still succeed and yet fail enough to fire Herm.

People like Thigpen are messing that up, but I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Actually Chris Mortenson had some stats pulled for the post game show on ESPN and said they both (coin flip and 2 point conversion) were about 50%. Besides, your on the road. Go for the win if you have a shot at it!!!!!!
    The average completion of 2 point conversion in the NFL is about 39%. I believe 80% the teams who win the coin flip in over time, wins the game. So that would about balance out.

Out of the last four teams who went 2 win the game, 3 of the teams won. The Chiefs being the one team who lost.

[quote=Seek;105855]The average completion of 2 point conversion in the NFL is about 39%. I believe 80% the teams who win the coin flip in over time, wins the game. So that would about balance out.

Out of the last four teams who went 2 win the game, 3 of the teams won. The Chiefs being the one team who lost.[/quote

None of this would matter had we converted our point after. I can understand college kids misisng the gimme point after, but paid professonals. We win by 1 if we get that.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    None of this would matter had we converted our point after. I can understand college kids misisng the gimme point after, but paid professonals. We win by 1 if we get that.
    I don't like this argument because the Chargers would have probably gone for 2 to tie it when they scored with like 6-7 minutes to go.

Quote Originally Posted by TRB05 View Post
    I don't like this argument because the Chargers would have probably gone for 2 to tie it when they scored with like 6-7 minutes to go.
    Doesnt mean they would make it tho.

The missed PAT hurts indeed!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast