Thread: 2 point conversion

Default 2 point conversion

what the hell herm you clown this just proves you do not have a clue

Quote Originally Posted by TRB05 View Post
    They are young, it will come with time.
    It will come with a new coach.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    It will come with a new coach.
    I know this is a different situation and all but, about 3-4 years ago, every Missouri Tigers fan I knew was calling for Gary Pinkel's firing. A few alumni I know actually went so far as to call Mike Alden and threaten to stop donating. Alden stuck it out, and now all I hear are praises (deservedly so).

Just have some patience, I agree Herm is not the best coach to ever put on a headset, but I really think he can be successful.

I just wish they had blown up the team when he got here instead of waiting 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TRB05 View Post
    I know this is a different situation and all but, about 3-4 years ago, every Missouri Tigers fan I knew was calling for Gary Pinkel's firing. A few alumni I know actually went so far as to call Mike Alden and threaten to stop donating. Alden stuck it out, and now all I hear are praises (deservedly so).

Just have some patience, I agree Herm is not the best coach to ever put on a headset, but I really think he can be successful.

I just wish they had blown up the team when he got here instead of waiting 2 years.
    I will admit to anyone that I am not enthused with the direction of the team. I think Chan Gailey and Tyler Thigpen have the offense vastly overachieving, even though the talent level isn't there. I think the defense is playing just at its talent level.

I think the big problem is that the GM and HC have conspired to strip the team of all of its talent. Herm isn't Gary Pinkel. He's more Isiah Thomas.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. If any starter on our defense is still starting for the Chiefs in five years, I'll eat my hat.

As stated before, many times, Herm's an idiot. Who knows what goes on inside the huge mellon of his.

I've got to say, I couldn't agree with the call more. I may think Herm is garbage as a coach, but he hit on this 50/50 call.

I have heard it plenty of times..."At home, you play for OT. On the road, you go for the win."

This would also explain why the crowd doesn't boo the decision, if it is the opponenrts' crowd.

As much as I want Herm gone, this single call gets my support.

The offensive line continues to impress. I have no clue how those same two puds on the right side of our line are suddenly looking like NFL players.

Hell, they have been looking like good NFL players, even. I am actually starting to gain confidence in them.

For the record, Tosh has had a bit of my confidence before, but tends to give it back to me.

Anyway, this was the right call. Last week we were ripping him for not having any guts when we ran it three times, and punted. And now we are cursing his guts, for going for the win?

I didn't really climb on with the complaints about that play-calling last week, and I certainly can't climb on this week.

He is a terrible Head Coach, but he showed some guts. (Finally.) I don't have to hate his every decision to know that he is a tool.

Besides, he is still 1-8 on the season. And he is responsible for that.

Going for 2 was the right call.

Had we kicked the tie (considering he doesnt miss again) and gone to OT and lose, some of you would be saying "Herm you Coward, we are 1-7 you gotta go for it"! Thats what Id be sayin for sure. We all complain and gripe bout Herm not havin guts and to show some backbone, not be conservative......well, you just got it.

Im happy to see some guts on this coaching staff. And the coaches are getting to see what happens when you take the leash off Thig and let em fly.

We are actually in these games, competing, not gettin blown out. I know we are 1-8, but its a step in the right direction.

1. It took our offense three tries to get one yard for the TD.

2. Our running game is not feared.

3. We could move the ball on the Chargers D.

Only a complete imbecile would go for two instead of flipping the coin.
    People have been crying for weeks that Herm has no balls and is too conservative. So he shows some balls and goes for the win, big deal it didn't work out. The team was 1-7 when he made the call, now they are 1-8 and were never going to the playoffs. If the two point conversion was successful you would all be calling Herm a genius.
    I’m not supporting Herm, as I’ve said before he is a losing coach and should be fired at the end of the season if not sooner, but I have no problem with that call.

The earlier play was a muffed snap. Not a preplanned two-point play.
    NO I am talking about the play they used on the 2 point conversion. It failed once already trying to score a TD when we were on the one. It was broken play just like the 2 point conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Yeah, hate him if he misses it, love him if he does. Coming from the second biggest Herm Hater on this board, I do not blame him for going for it.
    Coming from the biggest Herm Hater on the board. I like the call. I didn't yesterday but I do today. The Chiefs are 1-7. It gave the ball to a young player and told him to win the game. Unfortunately the play sucked and he didn't get a good chance at doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Oh and I am officially on the Tyler Thigpen bandwagon.
    What took you so long?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast