Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2 point conversion

Default 2 point conversion

what the hell herm you clown this just proves you do not have a clue

Quote Originally Posted by TRB05 View Post
    I don't like this argument because the Chargers would have probably gone for 2 to tie it when they scored with like 6-7 minutes to go.
    We missed a gimme, what argument is there? I dare say that the precentage on that has got to be iless than 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Doesnt mean they would make it tho.

The missed PAT hurts indeed!
    Dont'cha just love it when the announcers see it coming, and it spells your doom at the end?
    yayyyy...

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    None of this would matter had we converted our point after. I can understand college kids misisng the gimme point after, but paid professonals. We win by 1 if we get that.
    Let me clarify - This is the part I have a problem with. If they made the earlier PAT, they don't automatically win the game by 1. In fact, I'd say a 1 point win is almost out of the question. There are too many "ifs" to say this so concretely.

Doesnt mean they would make it tho.

The missed PAT hurts indeed!
    I agree it hurts, but to say we win if we make it is silly.

We missed a gimme, what argument is there? I dare say that the precentage on that has got to be iless than 1%.
    I did the stats for last year 98.9% good, and this year it's 99.5%, so you are about right.

Herm sits on a 7 point lead at the half when we have the ball and momentum and over a minute, and I think 2 time out, but 1 for sure. and Pi$$ed it away. Pi$$ed away a chance to hang 3 more on the board. That lost the game! Just coaching scared, then trying to make up for it by calling for 2 point conversion when it was stupid. No running game left, everybody knew they had to pass. just awful game management, and the players deserved better. much better.

I remember distinctly thinking that at least they weren't running it up the middle and punting at the end of the half. They didn't chuck it down the field 3 straight, but I don't think the "pi$$ed" it away.

I agree it hurts, but to say we win if we make it is silly.
    Nobody said we would win. But it puts it on the Chargers to make the 2 point to win the game. Not the Chiefs. And even if they did make it. It would only tie it to go to overtime.

None of this would matter had we converted our point after. I can understand college kids misisng the gimme point after, but paid professonals. We win by 1 if we get that.

Nobody said we would win. But it puts it on the Chargers to make the 2 point to win the game. Not the Chiefs. And even if they did make it. It would only tie it to go to overtime.
    Yes someone did. And this is what I have been arguing.

[quote=nigeriannightmare;105865]
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    The average completion of 2 point conversion in the NFL is about 39%. I believe 80% the teams who win the coin flip in over time, wins the game. So that would about balance out.

Out of the last four teams who went 2 win the game, 3 of the teams won. The Chiefs being the one team who lost.[/quote

I am pretty sure that after San Diego got the lead they also became conservative and ran the ball three straight times, giving the ball back to KC. Had they been down by one or two, I guarantee they would have been moving the ball down the field like they did all game attacking the opposite corner from Carr.

Your point is moot.

Yes someone did. And this is what I have been arguing.
    Last time I checked 1+1=2, we lost by 1. San Diego would have had to go for 2 not us. It doesn't really framking matter cuz missed the freaking PAT. Seriously who misses that in the NFL.

yea ending the half when could have moved for a FG was BS, more so then the 2 point try??

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast