Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i don't care. i hope we lose the rest of the games this season.

Default i don't care. i hope we lose the rest of the games this season.

as long as they're games like this. and i've thought the same thing following the last two games.

i had a genuinely good time watching this game.

yes, we lost. yes, as you rightfully should believe, we should have won.

yes, that 2 pt failure hurts. but man, i can't imagine what kind of anti-herm rants we'd be hearing had we kicked a field goal and then lost in OT (thanks to a spent defense and a lucky coin flip).

we've got a team truly plagued by injuries. however, especially with the play as of late of Thigpen, we're still getting games that are enjoyable to me (as person that enjoys the chiefs over any other sports team) to watch.

i can't say the same for the first few games of the season, barring the near-upset of the patriots.

circumstance. yes, our defense has not played well.

but it has been circumstance. at the beginning of the year, we have an offense that can't do anything besides turn the ball over.

yes, our defensive line (and, discounting the recent games, our offensive line as well) has been less than praiseworthy. but jesus christ you guys are hard to please. we have starters right now that couldn't make a team elsewhere and we have still been playing tight games, and yet you still find a reason to complain.
    Last edited by teamcool68; 11-09-2008 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teamcool68 View Post
    circumstance. yes, our defense has not played well.

but it has been circumstance. at the beginning of the year, we have an offense that can't do anything besides turn the ball over.

yes, our defensive line (and, discounting the recent games, our offensive line as well) has been less than praiseworthy. but jesus christ you guys are hard to please. we have starters right now that couldn't make a team elsewhere and we have still been playing tight games, and yet you still find a reason to complain.
    We haven't been playing tight games. We've been blowing winnable games by squandering big leads.

The fact that most of our defense couldn't start in the defunct NFL Europe despite being the pet project of our HC is something to be angry about.

and i could argue the last two weeks, despite yes (GASP) losing leads, we've been screwed over by officiating. today it one of those "eh you win some and lose some" but last week we were ROBBED.

to call the current incarnation of our defense herm's "pet project," to me shows that your rage over herm, for whatever reason, is clouding your judgment of our team

and i could argue the last two weeks, despite yes (GASP) losing leads, we've been screwed over by officiating. today it one of those "eh you win some and lose some" but last week we were ROBBED.

to call the current incarnation of our defense herm's "pet project," to me shows that your rage over herm, for whatever reason, is clouding your judgment of our team
    How am I wrong, as to the defense? We've spent oodles of draft picks trying to create the Cover 2 defnse that Herm so desparately loves. Every starter on the defense is Herm's guy, except for DJ. Herm was brought in a defensive coach after Vermeil's high-scoring, no defense years.

I think we can say, after three years, that this defense is entirely Herm's. That it's worse than any under Verrmeil is an indictment of Herm.

lol

yeah, every starter today is herm's guy

every starter on defense today represents what we've spent all of out draft picks on.

why don't you just come out and admit that you have a more personal problem with herm than you do with any of the actual strategic decisions made today.

lol

every starter on defense today represents what we've spent all of out draft picks on.

why don't you just come out and admit that you have a more personal problem with herm than you do with any of the actual strategic decisions made today.
    Every starter on the team today is the starter because Herm says so...

For that I have a personal problem with Herman Edwards.

what i'm getting out of this is that you guys won't be happy no matter what.

you won't be happy that, despite a defense plagued by injuries, we still plugged in nobodies and stayed competitive with what has been toted as a high-powered offense.

screw herm. he chose to play those nobodies half-way through the season. he should have chosen other nobodies, they would have been much better at putting this game away for us.

lol

I will fully admit that I am angrier at Herm today over his personnel decisions than his in-game coaching. He made only one really bad coaching decision today, whereas he made several bad personnel decisions that impacted the game today. His bad game decisions weren't as bad as the ones that cost us the games against the Jets and the Bucs.

The healthy starters (excepting DJ) were drafted by Herm, or were his FAs. The injured half were drafted by him or were his free agents. The lack of depth was specifically because of his rebuilding policy. The Cover 2 is his scheme. I don't see how you or any Chiefs fan can forgive him for this.

yes, we lost. yes, as you rightfully should believe, we should have won.
    Has anyone noticed that the chiefs seem to do good in the first half but slide downhill in the second?
    Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    That does't make it ok to lose like that. ...And I can't stand seeing TG give it his all, and have it taken away from him.
    For a while i was hoping that the reason why the chiefs were doing so much better was so Tony would change his mind about wanting to be traded. Of course if they had won those 8(?) games, or at least the majority, then that might of changed Tony's mind. Might not of gotten him off as trade bait though
    with losing for the last two decades
    Two decades??????? I remember a time when the chiefs were consistent in not losing on home turf(that wasn't two decades ago!).
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Injuries, and hermie, hummmmmmm, makes you wonder.

I would take Marty back in a heartbeat.
    I would too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I don't enjoy losing. But I have enjoyed watching the progress this team has made the last 3 weeks on offense.

Wow, talk about an injury bug. We are playing our 3rd string QB, 4th sting RB, and the defense is in complete shambles.
    Hey why don't we make it all about losing and that would be a good thing because they sure as heck are fantastic at a losing record tarnished only by a lonely win.
    i don't mind losing.
    More power to ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Are you guys seriously blaming injuries for how bad this team is?
    That has alot to do with it.

you won't be happy that, despite a defense plagued by injuries, we still plugged in nobodies and stayed competitive with what has been toted as a high-powered offense.
    I'm just talking for myself - I love my chiefs but it pisses the heck out of me when they lose games that they shoulda won. I wish it could all be blamed on Hermie, alot of it can be but those players can take the initiative and play to win even if it means that they would be going against Hermie.
    I'm not at all happy! Now if football was all about who lost the most games I would be tickled pink. Even the one game they won, they could of did better so I'm not totally thrilled with that game.
    I've loved the chiefs so totally for so long that to not be angry at the stupid losses - so close but no cigar. They are my team, no matter how sorry they have been.

I think I heard this somewhere, once a hardcore KC Chiefs' fan, always a hardcore KC Chiefs' fan. If you can't handle the pain that goes along with Hermie/Carl/injuries/losses, go. Be a person who goes with the winningest team in the NFL.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

screw herm. he chose to play those nobodies half-way through the season. he should have chosen other nobodies, they would have been much better at putting this game away for us.
    What could be viewed as a major negative against Herm is that the bunch of "nobodys" that are out there now, are playing far better than what Herm wanted on the field.

So, we can't blame him for the players on the field, then let's not give him credit for them either.

And it is entirely lame to use that BS.."You wouldn't be happy with anything!".

We are 1-8. And, because we have complaints, that means that we wouldn't be happy with 8-1?

At 1-8, I think that it is far more appropriate to say that you would be happy with absolutely anything.

I am, usually, as big a "Herm-Hater" as there is around here. But he has received little criticism from me the past three weeks.

The o-line has played well, and I actually get to see what it looks like for someone to play QB wearing a Chiefs jersey.

I am thankful for that, and will cut Herm some slack for now. But I would still give away another fourth round pick to whoever would take Herm from us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12