Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i don't care. i hope we lose the rest of the games this season.

Default i don't care. i hope we lose the rest of the games this season.

as long as they're games like this. and i've thought the same thing following the last two games.

i had a genuinely good time watching this game.

yes, we lost. yes, as you rightfully should believe, we should have won.

yes, that 2 pt failure hurts. but man, i can't imagine what kind of anti-herm rants we'd be hearing had we kicked a field goal and then lost in OT (thanks to a spent defense and a lucky coin flip).

we've got a team truly plagued by injuries. however, especially with the play as of late of Thigpen, we're still getting games that are enjoyable to me (as person that enjoys the chiefs over any other sports team) to watch.

i can't say the same for the first few games of the season, barring the near-upset of the patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by teamcool68 View Post
    as long as they're games like this. and i've thought the same thing following the last two games.

i had a genuinely good time watching this game.

yes, we lost. yes, as you rightfully should believe, we should have won.

yes, that 2 pt failure hurts. but man, i can't imagine what kind of anti-herm rants we'd be hearing had we kicked a field goal and then lost in OT (thanks to a spent defense and a lucky coin flip).

we've got a team truly plagued by injuries. however, especially with the play as of late of Thigpen, we're still getting games that are enjoyable to me (as person that enjoys the chiefs over any other sports team) to watch.

i can't say the same for the first few games of the season, barring the near-upset of the patriots.
    That does't make it ok to lose like that. I enjoyed it too, but it was a game we had. Like so many others. We lost this due to bad play calling at the end of the second quarter. And I can't stand seeing TG give it his all, and have it taken away from him. BS. You need to win those games. No, they to to OT and lose, I'm *****ing about the last 1:08 in the second half, not the decision to go to OT. That was stuipd. F'n Stupid!!

i agree fun game to watch. but i sure could beat the sh## out of someone after that one. tough loss their is signs of improvement hint mark bradley

due to bad playcalling?

sure, maybe you can be upset with some of the playcalls. but look at the team. is it even fair to call it patchwork?

can you weigh some plays you were upset with at the end of the second half and say that they had more of an effect on the game then the fact that we had a bunch of nobodies playing their first week/couple of weeks here due to injury? and we still took this game to the final play?

what do you call it if we win this one then? were you really prepared to hold herm up on some pedestal and give him a red carpet to canton as a miracle worker?

i'm not trying to defend herm here. but it does get old seeing everyone rag on herm and act as if he's the lowest common denominator of the chiefs problems. we've been content with losing for the last two decades, and i'm not sure why that's changing now.

Quote Originally Posted by teamcool68 View Post
    due to bad playcalling?

sure, maybe you can be upset with some of the playcalls. but look at the team. is it even fair to call it patchwork?

can you weigh some plays you were upset with at the end of the second half and say that they had more of an effect on the game then the fact that we had a bunch of nobodies playing their first week/couple of weeks here due to injury? and we still took this game to the final play?

what do you call it if we win this one then? were you really prepared to hold herm up on some pedestal and give him a red carpet to canton as a miracle worker?

i'm not trying to defend herm here. but it does get old seeing everyone rag on herm and act as if he's the lowest common denominator of the chiefs problems. we've been content with losing for the last two decades, and i'm not sure why that's changing now.
    Injuries, and hermie, hummmmmmm, makes you wonder.

I would take Marty back in a heartbeat.

I don't enjoy losing. But I have enjoyed watching the progress this team has made the last 3 weeks on offense.

Wow, talk about an injury bug. We are playing our 3rd string QB, 4th sting RB, and the defense is in complete shambles.

no, losing does hurt. it feels so much better to win. but i look at such a young team and i realize that, especially considering what i've put up with since as long as i can remember, i don't mind losing. i don't mind losing in a season where i never hoped on getting to the playoffs in the first place as long as our team shows promise and the games are fun to watch.

i would be singing a in a much different tone if we continued to be getting crushed week after week. but to compete with GOOD football teams the last few weeks (at least teams with talent) when we ourselves are not only one of the youngest teams but also completely depleted by injuries... well, i don't mind it.

Are you guys seriously blaming injuries for how bad this team is?

today, yes, i certainly am. especially on defense.

the rest of the first half of the season is another story. but i'm seeing progress, and as such, i don't really care. like i said earlier, we've known from the get-go that this (like every other chiefs team under carl peterson's rule) wasn't going to be a superbowl contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Are you guys seriously blaming injuries for how bad this team is?
    I know. It blows my mind too that people blame our defense on injuries.
    Last edited by Coach; 11-09-2008 at 09:56 PM. Reason: edited language.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast