Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it too early to say Thigpen is our QB of the future?

Default Is it too early to say Thigpen is our QB of the future?

...I know 3 games are just flashes in a pan, but for the 3rd straight week I think he was the best QB on the field. I really like what I see in him. He shows poise in the pocket, spreads the ball around, and he can throw is more than 10 yards! I know Bradley has helped out a lot also, but some does have to throw to bradley for him to make the play. GO TYLER! ::Goes to order Jersey::

There are plenty of posts about the end of the game already so I will just say I am with those who say it was the right call. As for the pass D-pass interference call on TG...we deserved it after a couple of bogus calls made on Tony the past couple of weeks. The team is showing signs of improvement. We were missing some key players on D. Let's keep LJ on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Yeah, I'm not worried about his measurables. I'm a bit worried because he's played much better in the 2nd half than in the 1st, and because he's only played with massive turnover advantages.

I want to see how he does against a good, efficient team that doesn't make mistakes.

But I agree, he looks like the QB who should open as starter next season, at least.
    I think it's the other way around......
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I think it's the other way around......
    Fixed. Thanks.

Default Sorry but I have to say it...

Thiggy has looked great, I agree, but only when he has a lot of time in the pocket. The line has REALLY stepped it up the last few weeks. Today, Thiggy Pop threw a couple of balls where everyone in the bar was like WTF? (Like the one where he had Bradley open in the endzone and threw it to the 3rd row). He still is a little wild when he has pressure on him.

I am not saying he is bad. I am just saying he is not the next Joe Montana ... yet. As a diehard Chiefs fan of course I have hope that he will become that guy. But I cannot annoint him just yet. Also, dont forget the Chargers have one of the worst pass defenses in the league.

On a side note, I do not agree with the 2-point conversion call, but I figured it is better to lose by trying to win than to lose because you are trying not to lose (i.e. running 3 and out when you have absolutely no run game). I am not going to complain about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Thiggy is lookin nice. He's a completely different QB than what he showed in preseason and the Atlanta game.
    Has noone else noticed that he has been able to stand in the pocket and make reads, without getting hit before making a pass?

The QB play looks like night and day, because the protection is night and day.

Now, I'm not saying that the o-line is making Thigpen look good. Just that they are finally giving a Chiefs QB the opportuinty to look good. Whereas they had been denting Chiefs QBs that opportunity for quite some time.

I am with you guys on Thigpen. He has played very well. All I am saying is that he wouldn't be playing well, if the o-line wasn't playing well.

I've said it over, and over, that the o-line has to protect, to even see what the QB can do. And now, with it happening before everyones eyes, it still doesn't get noticed.

I pray that the o-line continues to protect, and that Thigpen continues to shine. That way, I can step back from the idea of needing several O-linemen in the off-season.

If the offense plays like this for the rest of the season, then I could drop my O-line draft demands to 3rd round. (First pick of the third round)

How awesome would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Has noone else noticed that he has been able to stand in the pocket and make reads, without getting hit before making a pass?

The QB play looks like night and day, because the protection is night and day.

Now, I'm not saying that the o-line is making Thigpen look good. Just that they are finally giving a Chiefs QB the opportuinty to look good. Whereas they had been denting Chiefs QBs that opportunity for quite some time.

I am with you guys on Thigpen. He has played very well. All I am saying is that he wouldn't be playing well, if the o-line wasn't playing well.

I've said it over, and over, that the o-line has to protect, to even see what the QB can do. And now, with it happening before everyones eyes, it still doesn't get noticed.

I pray that the o-line continues to protect, and that Thigpen continues to shine. That way, I can step back from the idea of needing several O-linemen in the off-season.

If the offense plays like this for the rest of the season, then I could drop my O-line draft demands to 3rd round. (First pick of the third round)

How awesome would that be?
    It's amazing what happens to players when they're given the opportunity to develop and play together, huh?

I think the relationship between the line and the QB is mutually beneficial. I don't think that the right side of the line has necessarily ascended to average. The rushing game still isn't great. I think that Thigpen's mobility has made both parties look much better than what we thought they were. I'm pretty sure you'd still be calling for O-linemen in the first round if Huard were still in there. I think you'd still be calling for a first round O-lineman if Croyle was still in there as well.

Thigpen has proven to be more mobile then Huard and more durable than Croyle, thus making the line look much better. lol

I still think that both the RT and RG need to be replaced before next season.

It's amazing what happens to players when they're given the opportunity to develop and play together, huh?

I think the relationship between the line and the QB is mutually beneficial. I don't think that the right side of the line has necessarily ascended to average. The rushing game still isn't great. I think that Thigpen's mobility has made both parties look much better than what we thought they were. I'm pretty sure you'd still be calling for O-linemen in the first round if Huard were still in there. I think you'd still be calling for a first round O-lineman if Croyle was still in there as well.

Thigpen has proven to be more mobile then Huard and more durable than Croyle, thus making the line look much better. lol

I still think that both the RT and RG need to be replaced before next season.
    So you really don't even watch the current games?

Thigpen has not proven to be more durable than anyone. He simply isn't getting pressured like he was in The Falcons game, and all Chiefs QBs have been for well over a year.

Even when he does scramble, it has been after he was done trying to find a receiver, not because the pressure was all over him.

The few times he has been sacked has been primarily coverage sacks.

Thigpen has been playing very well. But, if the right side of that line were protecting like they had been for the first 4-5 games, then we would be criticizing Quinn Gray right now.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    So you really don't even watch the current games?

Thigpen has not proven to be more durable than anyone. He simply isn't getting pressured like he was in The Falcons game, and all Chiefs QBs have been for well over a year.

Even when he does scramble, it has been after he was done trying to find a receiver, not because the pressure was all over him.

The few times he has been sacked has been primarily coverage sacks.

Thigpen has been playing very well. But, if the right side of that line were protecting like they had been for the first 4-5 games, then we would be criticizing Quinn Gray right now.
    ..ok

It's not so much Thigpens mobility that's making the o-line appear better but his quick decision making. Having just watched the game on my DVR, I noticed that he gets rid of the ball almost immediately after completing his drop back. It's impressive that he's doing that so soon because usually young QBs are very indecisive with small vision.

I wanted to wait a while before I said it......like maybe after the season. But Im starting to not be able to help myself.

But his mobility and poise......reminds me of another QB we use to have. I wont say who it is, but I will tell you that is rhymes with Wich Wannon.

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    ...I know 3 games are just flashes in a pan, but for the 3rd straight week I think he was the best QB on the field. I really like what I see in him. He shows poise in the pocket, spreads the ball around, and he can throw is more than 10 yards! I know Bradley has helped out a lot also, but some does have to throw to bradley for him to make the play. GO TYLER! ::Goes to order Jersey::

As for the pass D-pass interference call on TG...we deserved it after a couple of bogus calls made on Tony the past couple of weeks. The team is showing signs of improvement. We were missing some key players on D. Let's keep LJ on the bench.
    We still need to keep QB in mind when it comes to draft time. I would prefer that we get a QB that is better than Thiggie, but to keep Thiggie on as backup. He doesn't have a win yet but he shows promise(I've been telling you all this!)You all might think this is dumb but I think it would be a good idea if the chiefs had a back-up QB that can make something happen(Remember Cassel of the Patriots?).
    Thiggy is lookin nice. He's a completely different QB than what he showed in preseason and the Atlanta game. It's crazy. If he IS the QB of the future, his measurables aren't great, but they're at least comparable.
    Hey, at least he isn't injuried and out for the season!
    the relationship between the line and the QB is mutually beneficial.
    Something is happening out there and its good. I half expect to hear the rocky theme when I watch how the o-line and Thiggie are doing. They aren't the best that they can be yet but give them a year or two and we'll be hearing the music for sure!
    Last edited by hardcorechiefsfan; 11-10-2008 at 06:43 AM.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast