Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it too early to say Thigpen is our QB of the future?

Default Is it too early to say Thigpen is our QB of the future?

...I know 3 games are just flashes in a pan, but for the 3rd straight week I think he was the best QB on the field. I really like what I see in him. He shows poise in the pocket, spreads the ball around, and he can throw is more than 10 yards! I know Bradley has helped out a lot also, but some does have to throw to bradley for him to make the play. GO TYLER! ::Goes to order Jersey::

There are plenty of posts about the end of the game already so I will just say I am with those who say it was the right call. As for the pass D-pass interference call on TG...we deserved it after a couple of bogus calls made on Tony the past couple of weeks. The team is showing signs of improvement. We were missing some key players on D. Let's keep LJ on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I too hope he doesn't blow it but come on!!! Just because he has been better than the scrubs that were in before him and looks 100,000,000 times better than they did does not mean he is the answer! If the Chiefs are unfortunate enough to not win another game this season, is he still the QBOTF??
    You're barking up the wrong tree. I haven't given him the title.

But I don't mind allowing anyone else the joy of believing that he could be.

If he blows it, then they will be on him like stink on a passed-out Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    You're barking up the wrong tree. I haven't given him the title.

But I don't mind allowing anyone else the joy of believing that he could be.

If he blows it, then they will be on him like stink on a passed-out Canadian.
    Now thats funny!!!!

I love this thread!!!!!! Thigpen has been sooooo awesome, he hasn't won a game!!!!!! Can we wait until he wins one before we crown him the QB of the future?
    Can you specificly point out where losing the game has been Thigpen's fault. I think the blame can soley be put on the coaches, the defense, or injuries, but I can't see anyway that losing the last three games was Thigpen's fault. I would strongly argue that his he is the only reason they have been close the last three games.

He is trying to make Chicken Salad.

I too hope he doesn't blow it but come on!!! Just because he has been better than the scrubs that were in before him and looks 100,000,000 times better than they did does not mean he is the answer! If the Chiefs are unfortunate enough to not win another game this season, is he still the QBOTF??
    Define QBOTF... Cause Thigpen has been a much better QB than many other teams QBOTF... Should we start a list and compare.

1. Oaklands J. Russel - LOL
    2. Arizona - Matt Leinart
    3. Aaron Rogers - Yeah he is doing better but also has three years under his belt.
    4. The Qb from MIN whose name I forgot
    5. Brodie Croyle - LOL
    6. TN - Vince Young

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Can you specificly point out where losing the game has been Thigpen's fault. I think the blame can soley be put on the coaches, the defense, or injuries, but I can't see anyway that losing the last three games was Thigpen's fault. I would strongly argue that his he is the only reason they have been close the last three games.

Thigpen has been good, but another reason we've been close these last three games is that Chan Gailey's been doing the best coaching job in the NFL. He's running a spread offense with a bunch of castoffs who haven't been working togather vey long. Most spread offenses (like Indy's) tend to take a number of years to start rolling.

I can't see another OC in the league doing half as well with this OL and RB situation.

At NO point have I ever said he was to blame for any loss! I'm just not sure I am willing to turn the reigns over to a guy who has NEVER won a game for us.

Define QBOTF... Cause Thigpen has been a much better QB than many other teams QBOTF... Should we start a list and compare.

1. Oaklands J. Russel - LOL
    2. Arizona - Matt Leinart
    3. Aaron Rogers - Yeah he is doing better but also has three years under his belt.
    4. The Qb from MIN whose name I forgot
    5. Brodie Croyle - LOL
    6. TN - Vince Young
    QBOTF = The guy who is going to lead the Chiefs for the next several years.

You can compare him to anyone you want but 5 out of those 6 have actually won a game with their current team!!!!

At NO point have I ever said he was to blame for any loss! I'm just not sure I am willing to turn the reigns over to a guy who has NEVER won a game for us.
    Given that logic, You will never accept a home grown QB becuase that player must already have a won before you will let him take over this team.

The point being, Thigpen has outplayed the last three opposing QB's who got a win against the Chiefs. I am betting that if Thigpen was playing for any of those teams he would be 3-0.

I am also confident that He will get a win before the year is over.

QBOTF = The guy who is going to lead the Chiefs for the next several years.

You can compare him to anyone you want but 5 out of those 6 have actually won a game with their current team!!!!
    So, if the Chiefs are kicking the extra point for the win instead of going for two because of a botched extra point, he'd be good by you?

Did Thigpen snap or hold that ball? I missed that play.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    So, if the Chiefs are kicking the extra point for the win instead of going for two because of a botched extra point, he'd be good by you?

Did Thigpen snap or hold that ball? I missed that play.
    He did neither and still lost however, if he makes one more completion, maybe the receiver takes it to the house and the missed field goal is a non issue!!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast