Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 93

Thread: Is it too early to say Thigpen is our QB of the future?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    559
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Is it too early to say Thigpen is our QB of the future?


    0 Not allowed!
    ...I know 3 games are just flashes in a pan, but for the 3rd straight week I think he was the best QB on the field. I really like what I see in him. He shows poise in the pocket, spreads the ball around, and he can throw is more than 10 yards! I know Bradley has helped out a lot also, but some does have to throw to bradley for him to make the play. GO TYLER! ::Goes to order Jersey::

    There are plenty of posts about the end of the game already so I will just say I am with those who say it was the right call. As for the pass D-pass interference call on TG...we deserved it after a couple of bogus calls made on Tony the past couple of weeks. The team is showing signs of improvement. We were missing some key players on D. Let's keep LJ on the bench.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    ...I know 3 games are just flashes in a pan, but for the 3rd straight week I think he was the best QB on the field. I really like what I see in him. He shows poise in the pocket, spreads the ball around, and he can throw is more than 10 yards! I know Bradley has helped out a lot also, but some does have to throw to bradley for him to make the play. GO TYLER! ::Goes to order Jersey::

    There are plenty of posts about the end of the game already so I will just say I am with those who say it was the right call. As for the pass D-pass interference call on TG...we deserved it after a couple of bogus calls made on Tony the past couple of weeks. The team is showing signs of improvement. We were missing some key players on D. Let's keep LJ on the bench.
    He may be. I just want to see him over the rest of the season before saying yes or no.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,246
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    ...I know 3 games are just flashes in a pan, but for the 3rd straight week I think he was the best QB on the field. I really like what I see in him. He shows poise in the pocket, spreads the ball around, and he can throw is more than 10 yards! I know Bradley has helped out a lot also, but some does have to throw to bradley for him to make the play. GO TYLER! ::Goes to order Jersey::

    There are plenty of posts about the end of the game already so I will just say I am with those who say it was the right call. As for the pass D-pass interference call on TG...we deserved it after a couple of bogus calls made on Tony the past couple of weeks. The team is showing signs of improvement. We were missing some key players on D. Let's keep LJ on the bench.
    I disagree about going for 2 being the right call. If we knocked it right in right off the bat, then yeah, go for it, but it took us 3 tries from the one to get it in. How can we POSSIBLY get it in with 1 chance at the 2?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,413
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 66

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    He may be. I just want to see him over the rest of the season before saying yes or no.
    I think he maybe also, but lets see how the rest of this season goes.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    559
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I disagree about going for 2 being the right call. If we knocked it right in right off the bat, then yeah, go for it, but it took us 3 tries from the one to get it in. How can we POSSIBLY get it in with 1 chance at the 2?
    I hope this doesnt turn into the 'right call wrong call ' thread....but I have more faith in our offense at this point. With the 2 pt conversion, our offense got the ball neat the endzone with one shot. With the OT, we could end up like last week...our O could have not even gotten a chance.

    A lot of people are jumping to the conclusion that we would have made the PAT....lets not forget about what happened on the first PAT of the game.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,413
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 66

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    I hope this doesnt turn into the 'right call wrong call ' thread....but I have more faith in our offense at this point. With the 2 pt conversion, our offense got the ball neat the endzone with one shot. With the OT, we could end up like last week...our O could have not even gotten a chance.

    A lot of people are jumping to the conclusion that we would have made the PAT....lets not forget about what happened on the first PAT of the game.
    You mean the one that was made?

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    559
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    You mean the one that was made?
    ha...your right, the 2nd....still, PAT's are not guranteed

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,246
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    You mean the one that was made?
    Lol, we botched the 2nd one, a bad snap. I try not to think about that kind of thing. Also, yes you're right, maybe we don't get the ball, but what if we do?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Thiggy is lookin nice. He's a completely different QB than what he showed in preseason and the Atlanta game. It's crazy. If he IS the QB of the future, his measurables aren't great, but they're at least comparable.

    Tyler Thigpen
    6'1, 224

    Phillip Rivers
    6'5, 228

    Jay Cutler
    6'3, 233

    Brady Quinn
    6'3, 235

    Drew Brees
    6'0, 209

    Matt Ryan
    6'4, 220

    He's smaller than the rest of the younger QB's in the league, but he's comparable to at least Brees and Cutler.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Thiggy is lookin nice. He's a completely different QB than what he showed in preseason and the Atlanta game. It's crazy. If he IS the QB of the future, his measurables aren't great, but they're at least comparable.

    Tyler Thigpen
    6'1, 224

    Phillip Rivers
    6'5, 228

    Jay Cutler
    6'3, 233

    Brady Quinn
    6'3, 235

    Drew Brees
    6'0, 209

    Matt Ryan
    6'4, 220

    He's smaller than the rest of the younger QB's in the league, but he's comparable to at least Brees and Cutler.
    Yeah, I'm not worried about his measurables. I'm a bit worried because he's played much better in the 1st half than in the 2nd, and because he's only played with massive turnover advantages.

    I want to see how he does against a good, efficient team that doesn't make mistakes.

    But I agree, he looks like the QB who should open as starter next season, at least.
    Last edited by jmlamerson; 11-09-2008 at 09:59 PM.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •