Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Is it too early to say Thigpen is our QB of the future?

Default Is it too early to say Thigpen is our QB of the future?

...I know 3 games are just flashes in a pan, but for the 3rd straight week I think he was the best QB on the field. I really like what I see in him. He shows poise in the pocket, spreads the ball around, and he can throw is more than 10 yards! I know Bradley has helped out a lot also, but some does have to throw to bradley for him to make the play. GO TYLER! ::Goes to order Jersey::

There are plenty of posts about the end of the game already so I will just say I am with those who say it was the right call. As for the pass D-pass interference call on TG...we deserved it after a couple of bogus calls made on Tony the past couple of weeks. The team is showing signs of improvement. We were missing some key players on D. Let's keep LJ on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Given that logic, You will never accept a home grown QB becuase that player must already have a won before you will let him take over this team.

The point being, Thigpen has outplayed the last three opposing QB's who got a win against the Chiefs. I am betting that if Thigpen was playing for any of those teams he would be 3-0.

I am also confident that He will get a win before the year is over.
    Has nothing to do with never accepting a home grown guy. I would love it if he were to keep improving and become the QB but for god sakes man, is it asking too much for the so called leader of your team to actually do what he is suppose to do? Win!!!

Thigpen played well enough to win the last 3 games. Our defense did not...
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Has nothing to do with never accepting a home grown guy. I would love it if he were to keep improving and become the QB but for god sakes man, is it asking too much for the so called leader of your team to actually do what he is suppose to do? Win!!!
    Thigpen has done about as well as anyone could imagine, he is the last guy that you should be complaining about. If you want a QB that wins, you'll never find one on this team because our defense is HORRIBLE! No matter how many points we score, our defense will give it up.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Thigpen has done about as well as anyone could imagine, he is the last guy that you should be complaining about. If you want a QB that wins, you'll never find one on this team because our defense is HORRIBLE! No matter how many points we score, our defense will give it up.
    Please, don't get me started on the things that are wrong with this team! Yes, he has done well and much, much better than any of the others before him but as I said before, the QB is usually the leader of the team and ours is yet to win 1 game. If he is 0 for 10 or 11, whatever the number is, is he the one to take us to the promise land? Yes the D is bad which is funny because before the season everyone was talking about how good they would be but is drafting a QB warranted if he finishes with this record or something similar? I think so.

Please, don't get me started on the things that are wrong with this team! Yes, he has done well and much, much better than any of the others before him but as I said before, the QB is usually the leader of the team and ours is yet to win 1 game. If he is 0 for 10 or 11, whatever the number is, is he the one to take us to the promise land? Yes the D is bad which is funny because before the season everyone was talking about how good they would bebut is drafting a QB warranted if he finishes with this record or something similar? I think so.
    There are plenty of outstanding QBs out there with losing teams. This is a team effort, and Thigpen( with a rating of 102.9 the last 3 games) is doing his part and them some.

While I do think it may be to early to tell, if he finishes the season like the way he has been playin (even if we do have a really bad record)and we do draft a QB early...........I will personally march up to Truman sports Complex, find CP and/or Herm, and put my foot straight up their anus. Lets put that as a bet in the "Fantasy Sportbook" thread.
    Last edited by Sn@keIze; 11-11-2008 at 10:28 PM.

Thigpen has looked pretty decent even with the sub par O-line.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    There are plenty of outstanding QBs out there with losing teams. This is a team effort, and Thigpen( with a rating of 102.9 the last 3 games) is doing his part and them some.

While I do think it may be to early to tell, if he finishes the season like the way he has been playin (even if we do have a really bad record)and we do draft a QB early...........I will personally march up to Truman sports Complex, find CP and/or Herm, and put my foot straight up their anus. Lets put that as a bet in the "Fantasy Sportbook" thread.
    I'm betting against!!!!!!!

The quarterback is only one position on the field... and when he's young and producing, it would be dumb to even consider replacing him.

Thigpen's been one of the only bright spots on the team lately. We've lost because of our defense, not him. I wouldn't quite say he's the "QBOTF" yet, but I'd much rather have him playing than Croyle, Huard, Grey, or any rookie we'd draft next season.

Can we instead call him the QB of the Forseeable Future?

QBOTFF, Tyler Thigpen.

Also, if he keeps playing like this then he's obviously the QB of the future.. Aside from maybe Kurt Warner, he's been the best QB in the NFL the past 3 weeks.
    Last edited by yashi; 11-12-2008 at 09:49 AM.

He did neither and still lost however, if he makes one more completion, maybe the receiver takes it to the house and the missed field goal is a non issue!!
    He did get a TD, we missed the extra point...maybe we should gone for 2. Stupid Herm!!
    Last edited by Canada; 11-12-2008 at 11:21 AM.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

No one with any sense should be saying that Thigpen is the QBOTF after only 3 real games. However with his performance so far he has at least proven to be a competent Backup. In the last 3 games he has played exceptionally and every game he has shown improvement. Now we still have 7 games left. If he were to perform as well as he has the rest of the season I would say he has proven he has the talent to be a starter. Granted the offesive play calling has done alot to help the offense but it cannot make decisions for Thigpen. He has shown poise and solid decision making the last 3 games. You cannot attribute that to the offesive play calls that comes from the QB himself. So I am excited to watch Thigpen play the rest of the season and though I am not to the point of hailing him as our QB answer I am rooting for him to continue doing what he is doing and prove that we just may have a diamond in the rough at QB.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast