Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it too early to say Thigpen is our QB of the future?

Default Is it too early to say Thigpen is our QB of the future?

...I know 3 games are just flashes in a pan, but for the 3rd straight week I think he was the best QB on the field. I really like what I see in him. He shows poise in the pocket, spreads the ball around, and he can throw is more than 10 yards! I know Bradley has helped out a lot also, but some does have to throw to bradley for him to make the play. GO TYLER! ::Goes to order Jersey::

There are plenty of posts about the end of the game already so I will just say I am with those who say it was the right call. As for the pass D-pass interference call on TG...we deserved it after a couple of bogus calls made on Tony the past couple of weeks. The team is showing signs of improvement. We were missing some key players on D. Let's keep LJ on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    ...I know 3 games are just flashes in a pan, but for the 3rd straight week I think he was the best QB on the field. I really like what I see in him. He shows poise in the pocket, spreads the ball around, and he can throw is more than 10 yards! I know Bradley has helped out a lot also, but some does have to throw to bradley for him to make the play. GO TYLER! ::Goes to order Jersey::

There are plenty of posts about the end of the game already so I will just say I am with those who say it was the right call. As for the pass D-pass interference call on TG...we deserved it after a couple of bogus calls made on Tony the past couple of weeks. The team is showing signs of improvement. We were missing some key players on D. Let's keep LJ on the bench.
    He may be. I just want to see him over the rest of the season before saying yes or no.

I disagree about going for 2 being the right call. If we knocked it right in right off the bat, then yeah, go for it, but it took us 3 tries from the one to get it in. How can we POSSIBLY get it in with 1 chance at the 2?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    He may be. I just want to see him over the rest of the season before saying yes or no.
    I think he maybe also, but lets see how the rest of this season goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I disagree about going for 2 being the right call. If we knocked it right in right off the bat, then yeah, go for it, but it took us 3 tries from the one to get it in. How can we POSSIBLY get it in with 1 chance at the 2?
    I hope this doesnt turn into the 'right call wrong call ' thread....but I have more faith in our offense at this point. With the 2 pt conversion, our offense got the ball neat the endzone with one shot. With the OT, we could end up like last week...our O could have not even gotten a chance.

A lot of people are jumping to the conclusion that we would have made the PAT....lets not forget about what happened on the first PAT of the game.

I hope this doesnt turn into the 'right call wrong call ' thread....but I have more faith in our offense at this point. With the 2 pt conversion, our offense got the ball neat the endzone with one shot. With the OT, we could end up like last week...our O could have not even gotten a chance.

A lot of people are jumping to the conclusion that we would have made the PAT....lets not forget about what happened on the first PAT of the game.
    You mean the one that was made?

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    ha...your right, the 2nd....still, PAT's are not guranteed

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Lol, we botched the 2nd one, a bad snap. I try not to think about that kind of thing. Also, yes you're right, maybe we don't get the ball, but what if we do?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Thiggy is lookin nice. He's a completely different QB than what he showed in preseason and the Atlanta game. It's crazy. If he IS the QB of the future, his measurables aren't great, but they're at least comparable.

Tyler Thigpen
    6'1, 224

Phillip Rivers
    6'5, 228

Jay Cutler
    6'3, 233

Brady Quinn
    6'3, 235

Drew Brees
    6'0, 209

Matt Ryan
    6'4, 220

He's smaller than the rest of the younger QB's in the league, but he's comparable to at least Brees and Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Thiggy is lookin nice. He's a completely different QB than what he showed in preseason and the Atlanta game. It's crazy. If he IS the QB of the future, his measurables aren't great, but they're at least comparable.

Tyler Thigpen
    6'1, 224

Phillip Rivers
    6'5, 228

Jay Cutler
    6'3, 233

Brady Quinn
    6'3, 235

Drew Brees
    6'0, 209

Matt Ryan
    6'4, 220

He's smaller than the rest of the younger QB's in the league, but he's comparable to at least Brees and Cutler.
    Yeah, I'm not worried about his measurables. I'm a bit worried because he's played much better in the 1st half than in the 2nd, and because he's only played with massive turnover advantages.

I want to see how he does against a good, efficient team that doesn't make mistakes.

But I agree, he looks like the QB who should open as starter next season, at least.
    Last edited by jmlamerson; 11-09-2008 at 08:59 PM.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast