Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Is it too early to say Thigpen is our QB of the future?

Default Is it too early to say Thigpen is our QB of the future?

...I know 3 games are just flashes in a pan, but for the 3rd straight week I think he was the best QB on the field. I really like what I see in him. He shows poise in the pocket, spreads the ball around, and he can throw is more than 10 yards! I know Bradley has helped out a lot also, but some does have to throw to bradley for him to make the play. GO TYLER! ::Goes to order Jersey::

There are plenty of posts about the end of the game already so I will just say I am with those who say it was the right call. As for the pass D-pass interference call on TG...we deserved it after a couple of bogus calls made on Tony the past couple of weeks. The team is showing signs of improvement. We were missing some key players on D. Let's keep LJ on the bench.

Can we at least hope Detroit doesn't win a game and we win another before we start talking about Detroit drafting 1st?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Can we at least hope Detroit doesn't win a game and we win another before we start talking about Detroit drafting 1st?
    Actually, you're correct. If we stay at one win and Detroit wins only one game, and it's against Minnesota or GB, we flip a coin (tied in division wins and everything else). If its against TB, Tennessee, or New Orleans, we get the 1st pick (common opponents edge). If they win against Indy, then they still get the first pick (we'll have a division win and they won't).

I still think they lose the next six. That's a pretty awful schedule they have.
    Last edited by jmlamerson; 11-17-2008 at 05:24 PM.

At the very least he's the future of this season. If he plays well then I say let him have the job next season. But even if he turns out to be a one hit wonder, I still don't think taking a QB in the 1st round is the answer.

We are fighting with Detroit for Andre Smith from Bama, and if we have a chance at him they HAVE to take him.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910