Plus, who wants to pay the huge 1st pick $$$? There tends to be a huge dropoff after the 5th pick.
It will be interesting, though, because of the bottom 10 teams, who will draft a QB:
- Detroit? Now they probably have Culpepper for a few years. Millen is gone so they might not draft another receiver. Will they go for a QBOTF ... who knows.
- 49ers do need a QB, but also need O-line help.
- Seattle, if Hasselbeck is healthy for the rest of the season they wont spend a 1st round pick on a QBoTF.
- St Lou likes Bulger for now and has bigger needs.
- Oakland will draft Crabtree or whoever runs the fastest 40 (I love Al Davis's senility)
- Houston has big needs on D (but Matt Schaub is not a franchise QB).
- Jax, Cleveland, Cinci, and SD are set at QB.
Who knows, we may not need to have a top 10 pick to get the #1 QB if that is what we need (maybe Thiggy pop will continue to improve).
So, for that reason, I say we make a run for the playoffs! We are only 3 games behind Denver and beat them once!!!! Go undefeated the rest of the season and we can win the division!!
(Please leave me to my delusions of grandeur!)
slc chief: Easy man Easy. Lets not say who is a true Chief fan or not. I see where hes coming from. Maybe a bit excessive bout losing the rest of the games and what not but I see his point.
SIC J: Welcome and dont take too much from what we say. But its not a good idea to say "I hope the Chiefs lose" around here.
And in response to our draft pick strategy. If we had a top 3 pick, I wouldnt be opposed to trading it for a late 1st and a 2nd to a team that really wanted a certain player. because we have some serious holes to fill.
Last edited by Sn@keIze; 11-04-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Rooting for losses? Whatever pal.
If we finish 1-15 I won't complain (much) but I WILL NOT root for it.
THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.