Thread: Better Tackling yesterday made a difference

Default Better Tackling yesterday made a difference

I didn't see many missed tackles yesterday like before. We held the Charges to under 100 yards rushing. The Charges also had a top 5 offense in scoring.

Seeing that this was done with three back up Line Backers, back up corners, safeties and DE...

Clearly our starters need to work on tackling, because these back ups, improved the defense simply because they actualy tackled the ball carrier. Granted it may have been down the field farther than desirable, but they finished most of the plays.

Everyone keeps saying our defense is bad but its the offense thats the problem. The defense continues to create turnovers but the offense does nothing with it.

Thats 3 games in a row where the Chiefs had 2 or more take-a-ways and LOST!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Everyone keeps saying our defense is bad but its the offense thats the problem. The defense continues to create turnovers but the offense does nothing with it.

Thats 3 games in a row where the Chiefs had 2 or more take-a-ways and LOST!
    I would think collectively it is the entire team losing.

However, when your team is ranked 31st in run defense and like 27th overall. I would say you have a problem on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I didn't see many missed tackles yesterday like before. We held the Charges to under 100 yards rushing. The Charges also had a top 5 offense in scoring.

Seeing that this was done with three back up Line Backers, back up corners, safeties and DE...

Clearly our starters need to work on tackling, because these back ups, improved the defense simply because they actualy tackled the ball carrier. Granted it may have been down the field farther than desirable, but they finished most of the plays.
    Not to be that guy, but don't you think we got very lucky that (1) Norv didn't throw the ball around instead of trying to establish the run; (2) LT is clearly crumbling; and (3) Rivers kept choking in the red zone?

I mean, we missed a whole lot tackles between the 20s on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I would think collectively it is the entire team losing.

However, when your team is ranked 31st in run defense and like 27th overall. I would say you have a problem on defense.
    The Chiefs are also +9 in turnovers which is 2nd in the league. I see the defense getting frustrated that they are making plays and opportunities and the offense continuely does nothing with the ball. The offense is only averaging 16 points a game which is HORRIBLE!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    The Chiefs are also +9 in turnovers which is 2nd in the league. I see the defense getting frustrated that they are making plays and opportunities and the offense continuely does nothing with the ball. The offense is only averaging 16 points a game which is HORRIBLE!
    Won't argue with the lack of offense. As I said, collectively this team stinks all around, but the defense is horrible. There is no reason the offense makes the defense a horrific tackling team. Which was my point of the subject line. The tackling was much better today, and it was with Back ups. The starters should take note.

Looking at the last three games, though. The offense produced enough to win.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Not to be that guy, but don't you think we got very lucky that (1) Norv didn't throw the ball around instead of trying to establish the run; (2) LT is clearly crumbling; and (3) Rivers kept choking in the red zone?

I mean, we missed a whole lot tackles between the 20s on Sunday.
    Oh we still missed a bunch of tackles, but in comparison to the previous0 weeks. It was an improvement. The problem with this week is that the initial hit was 5 yards further down the field.

Yes, the team was very lucky Rivers sucks and can't hit LT wide open on the 5. They needed Thigpen.