Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1st round DE signs with the Chiefs!!!

Default 1st round DE signs with the Chiefs!!!

DE Jason Babin was the 27th pick in the 2004 NFL draft. He was traded to the Seahawks for Boulware. I remember there were a lot of people upset about his leaving the area because he was performing VERY well. In fact, according to Rustshack, some people were saying he was traded because he was outperforming Mario Williams and they didn't want people talking about him being a bust. The Texans were under a lot of pressure to take Vince Young or Reggie Bush that year and they ended up with Williams. I'd say they made the right choice.

The Texans tried to convert him to a LB. That didn't work too well. He hasn't had a great career up to this point and was lost in the shuffle the last couple years. But, he got back in shape and made some noise during the summer and preseason for the Seahawks. He was cut after the first week and has been trying to land somewhere. But, now that he's in great condition again, the Titans, Saints and Chiefs were really trying to get him signed. He ultimately signed with the Chiefs because he could probably start immediately with the injuries to Turk and Hali.

Also, the Chiefs signed LB Kyle Shotwell. Apparently, he's spent some time with the Bucs this season. He's a rookie out of Cal-Poly.

Lets hope this turns out to be another Mark Bradley. For now I am happy that at least we have a few warm bodies on defense.

It sure would be nice to wind-up getting something for nothing.

Can't help but wonder why he was available. But if he doesn't work out, oh well. Nothing lost.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    DE Jason Babin was the 27th pick in the 2004 NFL draft. He was traded to the Seahawks for Boulware. I remember there were a lot of people upset about his leaving the area because he was performing VERY well.

Also, the Chiefs signed LB Kyle Shotwell. Apparently, he's spent some time with the Bucs this season. He's a rookie out of Cal-Poly.
    I hope all these guys are good, I'm tired of the chiefs signing up duds.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Anybody being signed right now is not going to be a good player. The odds are against it. Otherwise they would not be sitting at home hoping the phone rings. These are stop gap guys coming in to fill holes on the defense with just a warm body.

I was kinda thinking of that; why would a team get rid of someone that was getting "too good"?
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    I was kinda thinking of that; why would a team get rid of someone that was getting "too good"?
    There was a lot of pressure on the GM when they took Mario Williams. Vince Young was born and raised in Houston and was a Texas legend at UT. If Williams was considered a bust by getting outplayed by someone, that probably would've cost the GM his job. So, he packaged up a decent DE for a solid LB so the comparisons wouldn't be made any longer.

So we got another 1st rounder. Wow, Herm is a great drafter. .

Hopefully this guy works out well. It doesn't sound like he's ever gotten a fair shot. He should have a chance to play on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    I hope all these guys are good, I'm tired of the chiefs signing up duds.

...The Ryan Sims syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey144 View Post
    Anybody being signed right now is not going to be a good player. The odds are against it. Otherwise they would not be sitting at home hoping the phone rings. These are stop gap guys coming in to fill holes on the defense with just a warm body.
    I know that most Chiefs fans' opinion of Ty Law isn't very good. But he just got picked-up by The Jets.

It's not impossible to find a gem at this stage. Just very unlikely.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast