Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the word with getting LJ resigned?

Question What's the word with getting LJ resigned?

I'm in Az and only here the occasional ESPN crap about the Chiefs. Any word out there on if or when Carl is going to do the right thing and resign LJ?

Still no official word but the general opinion is that they will try to resign him. I really hope we don't give him Ladanian money though.

Is that the feeling of most fans in KC? Maybe not LT money but somewhere in the $15-18 million for the same years would be fair to me. You have to agree that the $1.8 or whatever is WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY to little for LJ!!

Agreed, but I think he's asking way too much.

Yeah, what he ^^^^ said.

He may not be doing things the right way as far as contract wise, But he does put everything he has into the game at hand. Sure he might say stupid things to the press . He also is the second best runningback in the league. Its easy to have an opinion on what Carl should do when he says some of the things he says. This world is full of people with different attitudes, likes, dislikes ect. But one thing for sure is when hes on the field with the ball in his hands , He is trying to mow people over with blood sweat and tears just to hear the fans go nuts . I dont really care if hes a goody goody or a jerk as long as he does his job ( which he has definately done so far ) . He plays with alot of aggression and passion and does not try to run around anyone. He is sticking his helmet into some guys chest and trying to put cleat marks on their facemask as hes running over them. Just what each and every couch potato / ex high school football star/ little leaguer would dream about doing if he was playing . Hes giving us alot of bang for the buck in my opinion and I would pay $ 100 plus a ticket everytime I go to a game if he keeps doing what he has been the last two years . This team really does revolve around him even if we dont want it to . Anything less than a larry johnson and I would just listen to the game on 101 the fox. I pay to see the stars .TG cant carry the team as much as I love that guy. I hope we keep him because we will never get enough for him in trade. Like Dallas got giving Herchal Walker to the Vikes. I like the guy and thats just my opinion . He just plays hard and gives the fans what the want ( touchdowns ) . Love him or hate him he is ours and we should Want to keep him because he is the best . Money is just money. Lots of people male way too much money for what they do in life. Look at about every CEO of any huge company. Sorry for ranting -its late-LOL . Take it easy on the replies Im just a Guy who loves the Chiefs and Loves to have Larry Johnson on my side and not running against my beloved chiefs. This is just my opinion everyone ! .......PEACE

I fully respect your opinion.

Having said that, I will, now, tell you about the negatives, that you didn't mention, about Larry. That "blood sweat and tears" effort that you mentioned, seems to dissapear, when he isn't running "between the tackles".

If he decides to put forth that same effort, in the rest of his game, then I would agree, that he is the second best runningback, in the game. However, he hasn't shown that ability, yet, and I fear that, upon receipt of a huge new contract, we may see, even less effort from him.

True , Getting a huge contract might make him decide that now he doesnt have to try as hard anymore. But if we decide to look elsewhere and we start with a new rookie that will take years to build into what Larry is now whos to say we wont be talking the same about that guy. I guess you jsut have to make the contract performance based, Dont really know the answer .Im just glad we have him ! Hell we are still paying Priest Holmes and what are we getting in return for that. Memories ? I think You have to pay the guys who make your team at least competitive. I dont agree that we should pay him more than he is worth. ( like most highly paid athletes ) Just make it fair for the fans who are paying his salary .The ones who take their families to the game and spend up to $500 bucks to have a great couple hours of football. Thanks for your reply Chief

Also he really needs to learn how to catch a pass - to rightfully deserve LT money .

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast