Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: A question about sportsbook?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,150
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default A question about sportsbook?


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm rather new at betting. what does it mean when it says KC covers. Also I saw KC wins outright. What do these mean? I'm thinking that KC covers means that they won but it was close; and KC wins outright means that there is no way the other team could of caught up them.
    Anybody?
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    I'm rather new at betting. what does it mean when it says KC covers. Also I saw KC wins outright. What do these mean? I'm thinking that KC covers means that they won but it was close; and KC wins outright means that there is no way the other team could of caught up them.
    Anybody?
    New Orleans is favored by 5.5 points. If they win by 5 points or less then the Chiefs cover, if the win by 6 or more then the Chiefs do not cover. It means cover the spread.

    KC wins outright means the Chiefs win the game even though New Orleans was the favorite.

    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,150
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    New Orleans is favored by 5.5 points. If they win by 5 points or less then the Chiefs cover, if the win by 6 or more then the Chiefs do not cover. It means cover the spread.

    KC wins outright means the Chiefs win the game even though New Orleans was the favorite.

    Thanks Canada
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,362
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 52

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    I'm rather new at betting. what does it mean when it says KC covers. Also I saw KC wins outright. What do these mean? I'm thinking that KC covers means that they won but it was close; and KC wins outright means that there is no way the other team could of caught up them.
    Anybody?
    Just send me your arrowcash, I will invest it for you.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,899
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 403

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    New Orleans is favored by 5.5 points. If they win by 5 points or less then the Chiefs cover, if the win by 6 or more then the Chiefs do not cover. It means cover the spread.

    KC wins outright means the Chiefs win the game even though New Orleans was the favorite.

    So that's what it means!


  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    3,975
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 39

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Hmmm. I told the wife to cover the spread and she kicked me out of the house. What gives?
    SHUT IT

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,839
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Hmmm. I told the wife to cover the spread and she kicked me out of the house. What gives?
    She had to get you out for a minute to sneak the Mailman out the back door.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    By the way...my new nickname is "The mailman"
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,444
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 13

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    just be careful not so much betting but that damn casino just took all of my money broke as a joke now

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,839
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    just be careful not so much betting but that damn casino just took all of my money broke as a joke now
    The "house" always wins baby. You may get one or two, but over the long haul the casinos make a profit. Oh and the sportsbook around here has historically left one or two solid value bets. If you watch each week you can find them.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •