Thread: More LJ...

Default More LJ...

Someone on 610 sports said yesterday that he heard whispers of LJ facing a season-long suspension next year. This is due to the most recent charges that were filed against him causing him to be benched by the coaches until Goodell suspended him for the case he was convicted for earlier this year. These new charges could possibly persuade Goodell to slap LJ with a suspension similar to Pac Man's since it is obvious that he has a pattern of bad behavior.
    I've kept pretty quiet about the whole LJ thing but I need to say that I hope the Chiefs release him before the NFL slaps him with a bigger suspension. We don't want to start looking like the freakin' Bengals.

Yeah, but the 1 gamer he just got was in response to those charges. If he pleads out, or is convicted, I'd expect another suspension, but if charges are dropped (which they could be if he settles on a civil suit) then I'd guess he slides unless further issues occur. Also remember the large difference is that LJ is up for a misdemeanor...not a felony. That's a huge difference...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    Someone on 610 sports said yesterday that he heard whispers of LJ facing a season-long suspension next year. This is due to the most recent charges that were filed against him causing him to be benched by the coaches until Goodell suspended him for the case he was convicted for earlier this year. These new charges could possibly persuade Goodell to slap LJ with a suspension similar to Pac Man's since it is obvious that he has a pattern of bad behavior.
    I've kept pretty quiet about the whole LJ thing but I need to say that I hope the Chiefs release him before the NFL slaps him with a bigger suspension. We don't want to start looking like the freakin' Bengals.
    Actually he was not convicted of anything yet. Both charges have not gone to court yet. And Goodell knew about the second offense when they met earlier this season. So, like the person who posted above, if he is convicted, then he may get more of a punishment.

I highly doubt that he will be suspended for the season. Matt Jones was caught with a bunch of cocaine (a felony charge), and basically plead guilty and got a slap on the wrist. If LJ is found guilty he will get a bigger punishment, but I cannot see them reasonably giving him a full season suspension.