Thread: Shockey/Heap...Antonio Bryant/Ingram

Post Shockey/Heap...Antonio Bryant/Ingram

two tough decisions for me this week...i had big hopes for Shockey this year playing in that pass first offense. I can't decide whether he is a good play or Todd Heap who until last week has also been worthless. Shockey has a more favorable matchup against an injury plagued LB corps but Heap is coming off a huge two-td game and could be getting more looks from Flacco.

Ingram has been mediocre with Seneca Wallace at QB but Matt Hasselback returns to face the 31st ranked pass defense Arizona. Rejuvinated Antonio Bryant has been putting up numbers for Tampa that Dallas thought they would get when they drafted him in the 2nd round 5 years ago. Bryant is facing a Vikings defense that has given up some big plays through the air this year....

suggestions?

I'd go with Heap and Engram.

I see Heap and Shockey as about even, but the Giants have one weakness on their defense and it is their secondary. However with the pass rush that they have I'd expect Flacco (rookie QB) to lean heavily on his big target up the middle. As for Engram he's long been Matt Hasselbeck's favorite target, and with all the other familiar faces being on IR I'd expect Engram to be targetted early and often.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat