Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How are we looking?

Default How are we looking?

I can not get any of the live feeds to work so I am just using gamecast. But those who are watching it, how do we look? I know we are behind...

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Thigpen, Bowe, Bradley, etc. all looked great. The offense sputtered a few times, and depsite the current hype otherwise, we still need to drastically upgrade our OL, but on the whole, our offense shows a lot of promise.
    The defensive line i think might be in worse shape than our OL, I mean not able to get 1 yard then to not be able to get 2 yards is bad, but I don't think Drew Brees was sacked once. I don't think he was even hurried or pressured. What is really frustrating is that when our defense gets put in a third and long situation we always seem to give up a big play.

I know that we are rebuilding and the past 4 games have at least been games that were fun to watch as fans. But is the defense really this bad or is it bad coaching. We lead the league in turnovers, we are 1-9 and lead the league in turnovers. We miss tackles galore, no pressure on the QB, simply frustrating...plain and simple. I mean

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    The defensive line i think might be in worse shape than our OL, I mean not able to get 1 yard then to not be able to get 2 yards is bad, but I don't think Drew Brees was sacked once. I don't think he was even hurried or pressured. What is really frustrating is that when our defense gets put in a third and long situation we always seem to give up a big play.

I know that we are rebuilding and the past 4 games have at least been games that were fun to watch as fans. But is the defense really this bad or is it bad coaching. We lead the league in turnovers, we are 1-9 and lead the league in turnovers. We miss tackles galore, no pressure on the QB, simply frustrating...plain and simple. I m
    Our DL is awful - but we can't fix it through the draft. The Herm Edwards learning curve is apparently 5+ years according to those who've defended his picks, so I can't see the use in drafting more DL who will take time to groom. Our only hope is to sign good DL free agents if we want to see that particular unit turn around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12