Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How are we looking?

Default How are we looking?

I can not get any of the live feeds to work so I am just using gamecast. But those who are watching it, how do we look? I know we are behind...

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    I can not get any of the live feeds to work so I am just using gamecast. But those who are watching it, how do we look? I know we are behind...
    I'm with you. Screwed.

We look like a Herm Edwards coached team.

Yep, that bad.

ugh...this is not looking pretty, I feel like we took two steps back........or activated LJ.

ugh...this is not looking pretty, I feel like we took two steps back........or activated LJ.
    Our offense did fine. This isn't LJ. With a couple different calls, it could have been 30-28 right now.

This team is lost in its defense and HC positions.

How is Thigpen looking? Does he still look pretty consistent and poised?

How is Thigpen looking? Does he still look pretty consistent and poised?
    Thigpen, Bowe, Bradley, etc. all looked great. The offense sputtered a few times, and depsite the current hype otherwise, we still need to drastically upgrade our OL, but on the whole, our offense shows a lot of promise.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Thigpen, Bowe, Bradley, etc. all looked great...
    ...but they lost anyway.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    ...but they lost anyway.
    Very true. And what does that tell us?

We know that our offense can score 20-30 points a week.

We know that our offense has drastically improved with a new QB and new OC over last year's QB and OC.

We know that our defense has fallen apart with the same DC and losing our best defensive player.

We know that Herm Edwards was brought in to play ball control offense and make the defense stronger. We know he has abandoned the first and failed miserably at the second. We know that he selected Croyle and Solari as his QB and OC last year.

We know that the past three Chiefs drafts have produced nine of the starters that Herm uses on defense (excepting DJ and Donnie).

We know that the past three Chiefs drafts have produced only two of the starters the Chiefs use on offense (Bowe, who Herm didn't want, and Albert - Cottam and Charles are backups).

Perhaps, the inference that we can take is that Herm Edwards is the major component holding this team back.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Thigpen, Bowe, Bradley, etc. all looked great. The offense sputtered a few times, and depsite the current hype otherwise, we still need to drastically upgrade our OL, but on the whole, our offense shows a lot of promise.
    The defensive line i think might be in worse shape than our OL, I mean not able to get 1 yard then to not be able to get 2 yards is bad, but I don't think Drew Brees was sacked once. I don't think he was even hurried or pressured. What is really frustrating is that when our defense gets put in a third and long situation we always seem to give up a big play.

I know that we are rebuilding and the past 4 games have at least been games that were fun to watch as fans. But is the defense really this bad or is it bad coaching. We lead the league in turnovers, we are 1-9 and lead the league in turnovers. We miss tackles galore, no pressure on the QB, simply frustrating...plain and simple. I m

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast