Thread: Back to back losing seasons

Thumbs down Back to back losing seasons

With today's loss Herm has achieved something that hasn't happened in the last 7 years, 2 consecutive lossing seasons

quoting the Queen of Hearts of Alice in Wonderland

Off with their heads!!!!

I don't see how this downspiral it's going to end :(
    Last edited by hernanch; 11-16-2008 at 04:43 PM.

Well remember we went 2-12 in '77 and 4-12 in '78.
    Then in '87 we went 4-11 and in '88 went 4-11-1.
    (Somethin' about them years that end in 7's and 8's!).

The thing is Gansz was gone after 2 bad years. But I guess Herm is likely to still be back in 2009, even if we finish 2-14 or 1-15. That's a shame.

And in his post game press conference Herm acted like it's all no big deal once again. I can't stand his lack of ever showing passion or intensity. And also hearing for the gazillionth time, "You gotta give them credit. They made the plays they needed to make. And we didn't. So that's the game in a nutshell." It's like Herm is sooooo used to this. Horrible coach.
    Last edited by IlovetheChiefs; 11-16-2008 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    You gotta give them credit. They made the plays they needed to make.
    Good plays don't matter when the chiefs lose; in fact, they cement Hermie staying. In Clark's eyes the chiefs are better than they were at beginning of season, obviously Hermie is doing something right.

Go figure.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    Good plays don't matter when the chiefs lose; in fact, they cement Hermie staying. In Clark's eyes the chiefs are better than they were at beginning of season, obviously Hermie is doing something right.

Go figure.
    Just to clarify in case, those were Herm's words, not mine. And he was talking about the Saints making the good plays. :)

Just to clarify in case, those were Herm's words, not mine. And he was talking about the Saints making the good plays. :)
    Oops, sorry.
    You know, the saints did make alot of good plays. I didn't see any good plays of the chiefs that stood out. BUT then, they lost so it doesn't really matter.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Yeah there weren't really very many today. The first td drive was good and a few nice TG catches. And Mark Bradley had a very nice catch. And the 32 yd 4th down run by Thigpen stood out. That's about it. I'll bet Tyler's numbers, while still better than he did earlier this year, and better than Croyle and Huard did, were not as good today as they were in the past 3 weeks. Still nice that we're getting a decent performance from a qb these days though.

Yeah there weren't really very many today. The first td drive was good and a few nice TG catches. And Mark Bradley had a very nice catch. And the 32 yd 4th down run by Thigpen stood out. That's about it. I'll bet Tyler's numbers, while still better than he did earlier this year, and better than Croyle and Huard did, were not as good today as they were in the past 3 weeks. Still nice that we're getting a decent performance from a qb these days though.
    Today, Thigpen had an average performance, which is far better than what we're used too. If we had a defense, we'd probably win most games where he performs like this. Should've won the games where he was performing at pro-bowl level, easily.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Today, Thigpen had an average performance, which is far better than what we're used too. If we had a defense, we'd probably win most games where he performs like this. Should've won the games where he was performing at pro-bowl level, easily.
    Tyler Thigpen is putting up good to great numbers in an offensive scheme that the Chiefs are running because their OL is so bad. He and Chan Gailey are (somehow) keeping this team competitive in games. Our defense is terrible, and if it weren't for a series of improbable turnovers, opposing teams would be scoring 40+ against us every week.

I mean, Thigpen and Gailey are protecting the ball, not turning it over, and doing everything they can to win. Their idiot of a HC is holding them back.

I saw an article this week that used an old Paracels' quote; "you're only as good as your record". Well, guess that says it all.