Thread: Get some stick-um!!!

Default Get some stick-um!!!

Man has anyone noticed the plethora of dropped balls our receivers have had. They are making the big time, one handed, circus touchdown catches. But when they seem to be dropping a high number of passes that appear to be in their hands.

I think D. Bowe is in the top 5 (or rather bottom 5) for dropped passes this season. I hope it is just them still getting used to Thiggie's passes.

I doubt that these would make or break the game for us, but it is the little things that always get to me.

Here's the only list of drops I could find, going in to this week:

1Braylon EdwardsCle12
    2t Dwayne BoweKC8
    2t Calvin JohnsonDet8
    2t Brandon MarshallDen8
    5Anthony GonzalezInd7
    6t Justin GageTen6
    6t Hines WardPit6
    8t Bernard BerrianMin5
    8t Laveranues ColesNYJ5
    8t Madison Hedge****NYG5
    8t Marcedes LewisJac5
    8t Steve SmithCar5

Bowe probably had 3 of those in the first game, so really not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TRB05 View Post
    Here's the only list of drops I could find, going in to this week:

1Braylon EdwardsCle12
    2t Dwayne BoweKC8
    2t Calvin JohnsonDet8
    2t Brandon MarshallDen8
    5Anthony GonzalezInd7
    6t Justin GageTen6
    6t Hines WardPit6
    8t Bernard BerrianMin5
    8t Laveranues ColesNYJ5
    8t Madison Hedge****NYG5
    8t Marcedes LewisJac5
    8t Steve SmithCar5

Bowe probably had 3 of those in the first game, so really not that bad.
    It just seems like soooo many more. Probably because I am supercritical of that kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Man has anyone noticed the plethora of dropped balls our receivers have had. They are making the big time, one handed, circus touchdown catches. But when they seem to be dropping a high number of passes that appear to be in their hands.

I think D. Bowe is in the top 5 (or rather bottom 5) for dropped passes this season. I hope it is just them still getting used to Thiggie's passes.

I doubt that these would make or break the game for us, but it is the little things that always get to me.
    Yes, I notice them. I thought I was the only one who did notice them even though everyone seems to have a glowing opinion of the guys with the butter fingers.
    In my opinion Bowe has had quite a few dropped balls; although I do admit that when he does catch the ball for real he makes it look good. Damn! He is in the bottom 5 for dropped balls?? It seems that when I do see him he is dropping a ballI would hate to see him when he drops the soap in the shower.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Yes, I notice them. I thought I was the only one who did notice them even though everyone seems to have a glowing opinion of the guys with the butter fingers.
    In my opinion Bowe has had quite a few dropped balls; although I do admit that when he does catch the ball for real he makes it look good. Damn! He is in the bottom 5 for dropped balls?? It seems that when I do see him he is dropping a ball I would hate to see him when he drops the soap in the shower.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Thing is, a lot of your great receivers will have quite a few drops. Terrell Owens is a pretty good example.

Bowe has dropped quite a few, but he IS still young and he's had a number of quarterbacks throw to him just this season... so I'm trying not to be too hard on him.

I can deal with drops, it just depends on the situation. If you're dealing with a lot of contact, then I can live with a drop. If it's a screen near the line of scrimmage and are about to be killed, I can deal with a drop. Stuff like that.

Bradley's drop is the absolute #1 type of drop that I can't stand. It's in a a clutch situation after our defense just stopped them for the 2nd time in the WHOLE game!

We were having some trouble moving the ball, and somehow got a 1st down, thanks to Jamaal Charles and his speed.

A nice and easy pass comes right to Bradley in the break basket, WITH NO ONE EVEN CLOSE TO HIM, and he drops it. I'm sorry, but there's no excuse for that. May have costed us the game, too.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    Thing is, a lot of your great receivers will have quite a few drops. Terrell Owens is a pretty good example.

Bowe has dropped quite a few, but he IS still young and he's had a number of quarterbacks throw to him just this season... so I'm trying not to be too hard on him.
    I hope this is the case. Every QB has a different amount of spin on the ball which changes the way it looks when you catch it (at least that was my excuse when I used to play ), so I hope this is the only reason.

it made a pretty big differance when bradley dropped that ball on third down in the fourth quarter

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

1 question for everyone....Are you counting the MULTIPLE fade routes where he was blanket covered as a drop? What happened with TG or D Bowe crossing the back of the end zone? Seemed like everytime we got into the redzone it was always a fade to the corner. Yeah, he made 2 of them but what about the other 3?