Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colquitt - He's gotta go!

Default Colquitt - He's gotta go!

Kansas City is really lacking in the kicking department. Why can't we get a punter and kicker that can kick? 48 yards?
    One thing I always hated and loved about Denver is that they can get a kicker that can kick long. I'd like to see the chiefs work on getting a good kicker even paying big time for a tried and true one, not just scraping the bottom of the barrel after all the others have been picked.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    Kansas City is really lacking in the kicking department. Why can't we get a punter and kicker that can kick? 48 yards?
    One thing I always hated and loved about Denver is that they can get a kicker that can kick long. I'd like to see the chiefs work on getting a good kicker even paying big time for a tried and true one, not just scraping the bottom of the barrel after all the others have been picked.
    Are you serious? Out of the millions of things to complain about, you pick the punter! You do realize that Colquitt has been injured, right? You do realize that he could've, easily, been the team's MVP, last season, right? If you have a beef with the punter, fine, but please, if you're gonna post, pick something more rational like the play of the DEs.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Are you serious? Out of the millions of things to complain about, you pick the punter! You do realize that Colquitt has been injured, right? You do realize that he could've, easily, been the team's MVP, last season, right? If you have a beef with the punter, fine, but please, if you're gonna post, pick something more rational like the play of the DEs.
    Exactly. Colquitt's hurting. When healthy, he's the best in the league.

We're losing because of our loser of a HC and terrible personnel on our defense.

are you serious

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    are you serious
    Actually I am serious. Maybe I didn't word my post correctly but it seems that everyone is saying that we need this or we need that but a punter is a pretty important player.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Actually I am serious. Maybe I didn't word my post correctly but it seems that everyone is saying that we need this or we need that but a punter is a pretty important player.
    Out of curiosity, have you seen Colquitt when healthy? Or are you judging him on these past two games when he's fighting a bad hamstring?

Dustin really is one the best punters. We've often jokingly tried to console ourselves the past 2 years here on the fact that we have a pro Bowl punter that can regularly kick 50yd plus punts. He has been injured of late, as mentioned, and even missed a game or two recently. That's the only reason his numbers may not be as impressive as usual. He is excellent. That's one position we do not need to worry about.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

he should have been the teams MVP last year and probably was till thigpen jumped started the offense. no we dont need a punter unless you can find one that plays mlb`er also.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Hardcore, who would you say is a better punter?

Seriously, you can't be serious.

I looked at some stats. While Colquitt is only 11th in Punt Average, there are more important stats than just distance. He is 4th in Net Average (what really matters), and I could only find one punter that had a higher "Inside the 20" percentage. He has 20 out of 47 punts inside the 20 (42.5%), Jeff Feagles has 16 of 36 (44.4%).

There are plenty of things that need improvement, but I really don't think punter is one of them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast