Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on LJ?

Default Thoughts on LJ?

I am wondering how everyone think LJ did in his return. I thought he was decent. He broke some tackles and fought for yardage (unfortunately he was breaking tackles before he got to the line of scrimmage). I think Gailey is once again being brilliant in utilizing LJ with the spread. LJ is good when he runs north-south, so he put him in a shotgun I formation, brilliant.

LJ had 3.5 ypc with inconsistent blocking on the line.

Im curious to hear your opinions ...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    Assuming we continue on with the C-2 variant, he's the Linebacker we need to bring some long over due fire back to Chiefs Defense:

http://usctrojans.cstv.com/sports/m-...uga_rey00.html
    I'll agree with you that the Chiefs need new LBs yesterday, but (1) top 5 is awfully high for a LB; and (2) every high pick on defense (excepting Flowers - maybe)by Edwards has stunk.

If we trade down, I'll probably be in favor.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    LJ did good. Not great or bad - good. I can't say he's worth his money or anything, but we didn't lose the game because he couldn't run the ball either.

I can't think of many RBs who would do better behind our line.
    One thing to say....2 Fumbles....

I would say LJ had a bad day. 67 total yards and 2 fumbles even if they were not lost If you call that a good day then your expectations must be bottom of the barrel. I didn't watch to see if he had any after game comments but I would give him points if he was humble about his performance. I still think I would have prefered running Jamal all day over LJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey144 View Post
    One thing to say....2 Fumbles....

I would say LJ had a bad day. 67 total yards and 2 fumbles even if they were not lost If you call that a good day then your expectations must be bottom of the barrel. I didn't watch to see if he had any after game comments but I would give him points if he was humble about his performance. I still think I would have prefered running Jamal all day over LJ.
    If you run Jamaal Charles all day, be prepared to carry him off the field in a body bag. He doesn't have the heft to run 20+ times a game.

LJ didn't have a good day compared to what you would want from your running game. He had a good game for an inside-the-tackles runner behind a miserable o-line. I give him credit for as many yards as he got behind our line.

I think he had a good day in the sense that he was breaking tackles, driving tacklers and fighting for extra yards. You cannot blame him for not getting in the endzone when he is hit 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage on a power dive. I will admit that the two fumbles were horrible. But I think he did well with what he had (inconsistent blocking).

The Good:
    He picked up positive yardage on most plays, ran well out of the shotgun which should be important moving forward. Also had a very nice play on a screen pass.

The Bad:
    Still the worst pass blocking back in NFL history, 2 fumbles, worthless out of the I.

I don't understand why Charles only had 2 carries. The guy had over 100 yards a couple weeks ago against a top run D. I'd like to see a 50/50 split in the future, with Charles being in every single play that involves blocking. I'd also like to see them do away with the I-Formation completely because it hasn't worked all season.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I am wondering how everyone think LJ did in his return. I thought he was decent. He broke some tackles and fought for yardage (unfortunately he was breaking tackles before he got to the line of scrimmage). I think Gailey is once again being brilliant in utilizing LJ with the spread. LJ is good when he runs north-south, so he put him in a shotgun I formation, brilliant.

LJ had 3.5 ypc with inconsistent blocking on the line.

Im curious to hear your opinions ...
    I was curious to see how he did in this offense since he been gone, not bad I guess considering.

I will say this, I dont care much for this pistol offensive formation. But with anything, give it time and maybe it will gel and Ds will have a hard time defending it.

Larry Johnson has to go. He may be a productive player, but he's not a team player. It is why I liked Priest Holmes because he did so much for the team even though he was not a exceptionally fast or strong. Plus LJ can't block. Sure, Charles have let a few go but he is by far better and he's only a rookie. Trade Larry off for a first round or whatever we can get. Even though it's a hit on the cap, it's worth it. The team is progressing to a state to where they don't need his type of running game. Use the draft pick to get a ILB (preferably one who can cover the tight end) like Brandon Spikes. He could slip to the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    Larry Johnson has to go. He may be a productive player, but he's not a team player. It is why I liked Priest Holmes because he did so much for the team even though he was not a exceptionally fast or strong. Plus LJ can't block. Sure, Charles have let a few go but he is by far better and he's only a rookie. Trade Larry off for a first round or whatever we can get. Even though it's a hit on the cap, it's worth it. The team is progressing to a state to where they don't need his type of running game. Use the draft pick to get a ILB (preferably one who can cover the tight end) like Brandon Spikes. He could slip to the second round.
    a few weeks ago, I would have agreed... now I'm on the fence. I think a combination of LJ and Charles can be very good, if there's balance. LJ shouldn't be in on passing downs, ever. Charles shouldn't be called on for carries between the tackles.

But I think if you use LJ for 1st downs, short yardage situations, and screen plays while using Charles for outside runs, and passing situations, it would work out nicely. The problem is Herm seems to have a problem not giving LJ the ball every time when he's available.

I think the new offensive scheme is working so well, but for some reason we're still trying to run to open up the pass, and it should be the other way around now.

As far as LJ being a cancer in the locker room, can't disagree with you there.

LJ is the man! GO LJ! The beast is back to spit another drink on you b!tches!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    LJ is the man! GO LJ! The beast is back to spit another drink on you b!tches!
    Maybe Thigpen can take him to court for missing a block, thus nearly killing him......
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast