Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on LJ?

Default Thoughts on LJ?

I am wondering how everyone think LJ did in his return. I thought he was decent. He broke some tackles and fought for yardage (unfortunately he was breaking tackles before he got to the line of scrimmage). I think Gailey is once again being brilliant in utilizing LJ with the spread. LJ is good when he runs north-south, so he put him in a shotgun I formation, brilliant.

LJ had 3.5 ypc with inconsistent blocking on the line.

Im curious to hear your opinions ...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    LJ is the man! GO LJ! The beast is back to spit another drink on you b!tches!
    Oh Lord...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    Oh Lord...
    just the response i was hoping for.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    a few weeks ago, I would have agreed... now I'm on the fence. I think a combination of LJ and Charles can be very good, if there's balance. LJ shouldn't be in on passing downs, ever. Charles shouldn't be called on for carries between the tackles.

But I think if you use LJ for 1st downs, short yardage situations, and screen plays while using Charles for outside runs, and passing situations, it would work out nicely. The problem is Herm seems to have a problem not giving LJ the ball every time when he's available.

I think the new offensive scheme is working so well, but for some reason we're still trying to run to open up the pass, and it should be the other way around now.

As far as LJ being a cancer in the locker room, can't disagree with you there.
    The thing about it is that Larry Johnson is a big name. We can find a big back in the fifth round of the draft or free agency and groom him into the short yardage back you are talking about. Sure, it will be obvious to the other team when that guy is on the field. However, we would still get the same production from a guy who who is not making millions a year.

But you do bring up a good point about balance. I noticed that Charles only had 2 carries in last week's game. Maybe he was still banged up or whatever the coaches want to use as an excuse. The thing is that Charles is a playmaker. He has home-run ability. He has not gone the distance yet, but anyone can see the potential there. My point is that Larry Johnson will never break out a fifty yard run for a touchdown. (He beat everyone on the Denver defense and still got caught from behind).

This is why I didn't understand re-signing LJ in the first place. He can break tackles, push the pile, and run both inside and out. It is ridiculous how many times LJ is taken down by a shoe-string tackle. You would think a guy with his size would learn to pick up his feet. Trade him off and take whatever we can for him. First round or second round, it doesn't matter. At this point, we've made a mistake by not taking our chance before. We are not going to receive the appropriate compensation for him.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    The thing about it is that Larry Johnson is a big name. We can find a big back in the fifth round of the draft or free agency and groom him into the short yardage back you are talking about. Sure, it will be obvious to the other team when that guy is on the field. However, we would still get the same production from a guy who who is not making millions a year.

But you do bring up a good point about balance. I noticed that Charles only had 2 carries in last week's game. Maybe he was still banged up or whatever the coaches want to use as an excuse. The thing is that Charles is a playmaker. He has home-run ability. He has not gone the distance yet, but anyone can see the potential there. My point is that Larry Johnson will never break out a fifty yard run for a touchdown. (He beat everyone on the Denver defense and still got caught from behind).

This is why I didn't understand re-signing LJ in the first place. He can break tackles, push the pile, and run both inside and out. It is ridiculous how many times LJ is taken down by a shoe-string tackle. You would think a guy with his size would learn to pick up his feet. Trade him off and take whatever we can for him. First round or second round, it doesn't matter. At this point, we've made a mistake by not taking our chance before. We are not going to receive the appropriate compensation for him.
    I am far from LJs biggest fan. But, if you get him beyond the LOS, he can run. He can run very well.

It is his terrible attitude and lack of interest in anything other than running in the open that makes me believe that he isn't very good.

You said..."Larry Johnson will never break out a fifty yard run for a touchdown."

His career long (I believe) is a 95 yard TD run. They don't get much longer than that.

I did not see the game so I have no idea.

That is all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123