Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Herm say's "Its outa his hands"

Default Herm say's "Its outa his hands"

The Chiefs are trying to break their worst bad habit in franchise history, and coach Herm Edwards says it’s out of the coaches’ hands. WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP! That's right, can't win? I Know, lets just blame all the players, Wow, what an idea! So, I guess this whole season has been out of his hands, right?

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    The Chiefs are trying to break their worst bad habit in franchise history, and coach Herm Edwards says it’s out of the coaches’ hands. WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP! That's right, can't win? I Know, lets just blame all the players, Wow, what an idea! So, I guess this whole season has been out of his hands, right?
    Yeah, I guess all those stupid time management decisions were out of his hands? I guess changing the play calling to a completely conservative move is out of his hands?

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I'm not sure where Herm learned to coach. But it's always the head coaches fault. He's the leader of that team and he should be in front of those cameras every week telling us and his players how it's his fault. That's just basic Leadership 101.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Herm should run for political office with this kind of passing the buck trait.

Ending Chiefs’ losing streak is in players’ hands

By KENT BABB

The Kansas City Star

function PopupPic(sPicURL, sHeight, sWidth) { window.open( "http://media.kansascity.com/static/popup.html?"+sPicURL, "", "resizable=1,HEIGHT=" +sHeight+ ",WIDTH=" +sWidth); }

This is defensive end Turk McBride’s second season with the Chiefs, but he has already seen more than his share of losses.
    var storyImage = $("#storyAssets .image img").width(); if (storyImage > 0){$("#storyAssets").width(storyImage);}

The Chiefs are trying to break their worst bad habit in franchise history, and coach Herm Edwards says it’s out of the coaches’ hands.
    Edwards said players know the game plans and know the team’s strategy, and if the Chiefs are to break their latest long losing streak — six games and counting — it’s up to those players to do it.
    “The players have got to take it over,” Edwards said. “They’ve eventually got to do it. They’ve got to go do it because there’s no magical plays. There’s no magical calls. You can make some decisions for them. But at the end, they’ve got to go play. They’ve got to go win.”
    Edwards admitted Tuesday that losing has become a habit around Arrowhead Stadium. The Chiefs have grown accustomed to it, and how could they not? The team is 1-9 this season and has lost 19 of its last 20 games dating back to last year, when Kansas City ended the season with nine straight defeats.
    Edwards said that, yes, most of the Chiefs players are young. Eighteen players on Kansas City’s 53-man roster are rookies, but that has become a tired refrain around a team that’s desperate for wins or progress or growth — anything to give the Chiefs something to talk about other than losing; some reason to think that within the past 13 months this team has not forgotten how to win.
    “This team is trying to learn how to win,” Edwards said.
    And the farther the Chiefs get from their most recent victory — in week four against Denver — the more pressure builds. It has long since built for Edwards and team president Carl Peterson. Now, Edwards said, it’s time for players to take what they’ve learned and experienced and parlay it into a win or two before the season ends in six weeks.
    “They’re getting closer,” Edwards said.
    It’s the little things that seem to be tripping up the Chiefs. Edwards said he piled the team into an auditorium Monday and went through the New Orleans game film with players, stopping at penalties, blown assignments and missteps, pointing them out in excruciating fashion.
    “Things that creep into a game that you can’t allow to happen,” he said, “especially for us. We don’t have a lot of room for error.”
    He said the Chiefs are at a point now that they have to improve on details, now that the big picture — or at least a plan — appears to be in place.
    And Edwards said that if it were up to him, the Chiefs wouldn’t head to the locker room during halftime. They’d stand outside and watch the entertainment, gulp some water and head back on the field. Maybe that would cure the Chiefs’ second-half woes: the 42 points they’ve allowed in the third quarters of the last four games and an inability to protect halftime leads in two of those contests.
    “Something’s happening to us,” Edwards said. “That’s the quarter we’ve got to get over.”
    So many problems this season have been blamed on inexperience. The team is young, the players have potential and they’re still learning, and it’s the early steps of a long journey — and now Edwards was saying that players should be caught up.
    He said coaches have done their part and will continue to do so, and now it’s the players’ turn. If they don’t, this team that seems to have forgotten how to win might never remember how it used to do things.
    “Your system for the most part is in,” he said. “And if you have your football team intact, it’s the players. They play now. They know. And you know where you’re at as a football team.
    “All you can do it try to put them in the situation when the game is being played and they’ve got to go make the plays. As coaches, we can make a call or put them in position, but they have to pull the trigger and do it.”
    INJURY UPDATE: Edwards said second-year defensive end Turk McBride could, for the second time in as many weeks, be placed on injured reserve. McBride re-injured his right shoulder in Sunday’s loss to New Orleans, and Edwards said McBride also has an injured forearm.
    Defensive end Tamba Hali; cornerbacks Patrick Surtain and Brandon Flowers; linebackers Donnie Edwards, Pat Thomas and Derrick Johnson; and guard Adrian Jones also are questionable for Sunday’s game against Buffalo.

hope you do not mind but there is the full story

The funny part of that story is that he complains about the Chiefs getting crushed in the 3rd quarter and blames it on the players. In fact he says they should not even go into the lockerroom at halftime.

I think this is a perfect example of his inadequate coaching skills. I have always enjoyed watching the changes/adjustments that the good coaches make at halftime. It is very often the sign of a great coach when the team looks like a completely different(better) team in the 2nd half. His statement makes me completely believe that the halftime adjustments he is making are not only not working, but they aren't even worth going to the lockerroom to discuss. And he has so much as admitted that with this boneheaded statement.

It reminds me of a quote I once read:
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

I knew we didn't do anything during half-time!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

This is a mentality that states that the coaches make the call and it's up to the players to execute them. That is a true statement; however, what it doesn't state is that the plays that are sent in to be executed have to be plays that are effective against the defense/offense that you're facing.

The more I hear out of Herm the more sick of him I get. He wants to know why we stink in the 3rd quarter? YOU DON'T MAKE ANY PREPARATIONS DURING HALFTIME! Isn't that what halftime is for?! Freaking IDIOT! How can players do what they need to do when you don't even prepare them properly for their opponent's adjustments?

He's a disgrace to all head coaches!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast