Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those who say Thigpen is not the QB of the future...

Default For those who say Thigpen is not the QB of the future...

Why are some people so quick to give Tyler the title of out back qb of the future? Over the past few weeks he has been one of the top QBs in the league just second in QB rating behind Warner. He is getting in good rhythm with Bowe, Bradley, TG, and Cottam. Only Peyton had thrown for more TD's than Tyler has in the past few games, yet I see people saying, yeah he will be nice to have while we groom a rookie into our franchise QB? I am not saying dont draft a QB...I am just curious what I am missing, what is Tyler lacking which will prohibit him from being our QB of the future? He is still young...and sure he has not won yet, but given the lack of chemistry around him, it is pretty impressive what he has done thus far?

So...what skill does Tyler lack that prohibits him from being our QB of the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    That's a good point, BDT. And even better, it opens up a wider range of options for the Chiefs in terms of drafting a QB.
    I'm going to say it right now; I have nothing but faith in Chan Gailey. I think he can work damn near any kind of show, with any kind of QB.
    I'm still high on Sanchez because no matter where I go online, people will bag on or support Stafford, Bradford, Tebow, or Harrell; but there's never a strong campaign against Mark. Disinterest perhaps, but never straight-up vitriol.
    He's got great fundamentals, and the super-hype around his draft competition could possibly put him in perfect placement for the Chiefs in terms money and risk.
    But man, we need a Pass-Rush so bad it isn't even funny. If we walked away from this draft with James Laurinaitis and Rey Maualuga, or a combo of Rey Maualuga and Brian Orakpo at DE, you'd never hear another "Defensive Pitch-a-B*tch" out of my mouth ever again.

And in the case of lines both defensive AND offensive, it's time to start looking at FA; there's no getting around it.
    I think Harrel would be nice for us, and he's projected for the 2nd round, I think. That way, we could get an elite DE with our first pick. We could do even more if we make some trades for some picks.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    Win. Every *great* team is peppered with veterans, and a "youth movement" doesn't mean you can't have SOME good, older players. They can play, and they can TEACH.

We've got the friggin' cap room... we can spend money on one solid player on either side of the line and still have plenty of cash to work with for signing rookies this off-season... and probably still have plenty of money after that. There's no reason not to, really.

And for God's sakes, lets get James Laurinitis. His dad was Road Warrior Animal for crying out loud! :-D
    Speaking of which, who's the freak down at Texas Tech getting his "Road Warrior" on? I thought that was pretty bold of him to go out on that field with the Mad Max warpaint on!
    We need a character like that sooo bad. You know, a positive kind of character with monster game instead of a rap-sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post

And for God's sakes, lets get James Laurinitis. His dad was Road Warrior Animal for crying out loud! :-D
    This guy is good. He is always around the ball and gets a lot of tackles. But the best part is that he works well in coverage, a thing the chiefs have hurt in so many years.

I think if we get this guy in the first round, it will solidify the middle of the defense. Then we could get a DE in the second round, or we could always try our luck in free agency.

Heck, maybe we'll get lucky and trade Larry Johnson for a first round to where we get Laurinitis and a DE in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    This guy is good. He is always around the ball and gets a lot of tackles. But the best part is that he works well in coverage, a thing the chiefs have hurt in so many years.

I think if we get this guy in the first round, it will solidify the middle of the defense. Then we could get a DE in the second round, or we could always try our luck in free agency.

Heck, maybe we'll get lucky and trade Larry Johnson for a first round to where we get Laurinitis and a DE in the first round.
    Over the past 8 NFL drafts, The Kansas City Chiefs have drafted 8 Defensive Linemen in the top three rounds.

That's 8 out of 24 (33%, or 1/3, of) 'first-day' picks used on Defensive Linemen.

In the top two rounds, it is even more. (6-14, 36%)

Hell, 5 of our last 8 drafts, we picked a Defensive Lineman with our top pick. (63%)

Meanwhile, over the exact same number of drafts, The Chiefs have drafted one Offensive Lineman with a 'first-day' pick. That is less than half of one percent. (0.42%)

In direct comparison, based on the first three rounds, over the past 8 drafts, we have gone 33% D-Line, to 0.42% O-Line.

And we like the way that has worked, so much, that we are ready to do it some more?

When do we say "No Mas"? "Uncle"? Whatever. Haven't we tried that enough yet?

Can we please just try it the other way?

Look no one is trading us anything for LJ. Everyone just needs to stop with that. We're not getting a 1st rounder in 2009. We're not getting a 7th rounder in 2050. We're not getting anything. We're going to have to cut him or keep him.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95AEzyWZX8I"]YouTube - Blondie - Dreaming[/ame]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12