Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erik Walden traded

Default Erik Walden traded

Can someone explain to me how we lost this kid? Did we get anything for him?

According to the PalmBeachPost, http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/...0dolphins.html

the Dolphins have "acquired" the Chiefs' 2nd leading tackler on special teams, OLB Erik Walden. For a team who is depleted on defense and pretty poor on special teams, how or why did we lose this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

According to the PalmBeachPost, http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/...0dolphins.html

the Dolphins have "acquired" the Chiefs' 2nd leading tackler on special teams, OLB Erik Walden. For a team who is depleted on defense and pretty poor on special teams, how or why did we lose this guy?
    It would take someone much smarter or much dumber than me to explain the inner workings of the Herm/CP braintrust.

Why did they let Savage go when we are short on RBs?

Why do they do any of the crazy things they do?

I think Herm realizes that he's almost in the record books, and that this is his only chance to get in such records books. If he can lose the next nine games, the Chiefs will officially be the worst team in the history of the NFL (1-27). He can't accomplish this obviously, by calling timeouts for opposing team to give them more time to get in field goal range to win the game, or anything like that. He needs to accomplish this sneakily - by removing all talent from the team, and then telling the team that they're the reason the Chiefs are losing.

I believe he was cut by the team earlier this week. And it would appear from your link that Miami picked him up.

The trade deadline was weeks ago (as you may remember from the Gonzo trade issues) so we wouldnt have been able to trade or get any compensation for this transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I believe he was cut by the team earlier this week. And it would appear from your link that Miami picked him up.

The trade deadline was weeks ago (as you may remember from the Gonzo trade issues) so we wouldnt have been able to trade or get any compensation for this transaction.
    If a player is claimed off waivers, you should still be able to get compensation. It's still possible to trade after the deadline, but players have to pass thru waivers first. If a player is claimed, they still have to compensate the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    It would take someone much smarter or much dumber than me to explain the inner workings of the Herm/CP braintrust.

Why did they let Savage go when we are short on RBs?

Why do they do any of the crazy things they do?

I think Herm realizes that he's almost in the record books, and that this is his only chance to get in such records books. If he can lose the next nine games, the Chiefs will officially be the worst team in the history of the NFL (1-27). He can't accomplish this obviously, by calling timeouts for opposing team to give them more time to get in field goal range to win the game, or anything like that. He needs to accomplish this sneakily - by removing all talent from the team, and then telling the team that they're the reason the Chiefs are losing.
    The Chiefs promoted Battle to replace Smith. Battle is almost a carbon copy of Kolby Smith. Savage was a return man and hardly an every down back. With Charles coming back, the 3rd down back like what Savage was, was an unnecessary luxury. Savage's only place on this team was as a returner. He didn't play RB at all until LJ got suspended, Smith went down and then Charles rolled his ankle. Now, LJ and Charles are back with Battle replacing Smith. With the emergence of Kevin Robinson at KR, there wasn't a spot for Savage. So, Savage's release wasn't all that shocking.

If a player is claimed off waivers, you should still be able to get compensation. It's still possible to trade after the deadline, but players have to pass thru waivers first. If a player is claimed, they still have to compensate the other team.
    I was under the impression that you didnt get any compensation. But on second thought maybe that is where the "compensatory picks" in the draft come from. How they figure out what round the compensatory picks go in I have no idea, but I cannot imagine we would get too high of a comp pick for him.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I was under the impression that you didnt get any compensation. But on second thought maybe that is where the "compensatory picks" in the draft come from. How they figure out what round the compensatory picks go in I have no idea, but I cannot imagine we would get too high of a comp pick for him.
    He might bring back a 6th or 7th.

He might bring back a 6th or 7th.
    Compensatory picks are given by the league to assist teams who have lost FAs. As we cut Walden, we're getting nothing.

I read that They were gonna try and get Savage back if he clears waivers . Heres the article on the happenings .

http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-footb...date-1119.html
    Last edited by YZILLA; 11-21-2008 at 02:35 AM.

Herm and Carl have a plan. :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast