Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Draft Trade Idea!!!!!

Default Crazy Draft Trade Idea!!!!!

A lot of Mocks have us drafted 2nd behind the Lions NOW.

Lions got a 1st,3rd,6th for the Roy W. trade to Dallas.

How funny would it be if the Lions traded up with there 1st rounder from Dallas to get our 2nd pick overall LOL

If the Chiefs get a DE or MLB in FA and Thiggy keeps doing what hes doing then we could trade down to around 15th(this is the MOCK spot for Dallas's pick) and draft Duke Robinson G from OU (STUD guard, RLY RLY good) or some DE/LB depending on what we do in FA.

This is how it would look (Lions would get the better value points wise, but chiefs would be in great shape)

Chiefs: get (15th, 33rd, 65th) thats the lions second 1st, and there 2nd and 3rd round picks which is worth: 15th=1,050 33rd=580, 65th=265, total of 1895 draft points

Lions: get (2nd pick over all) which is worth 2600 draft points

Value points taken from this website BTW: NFL Draft Value Points

Also, you would need to think of this in the Lions shoes. They would really be trading this. Roy W. and a 2nd rounder FOR the 2nd pick overall in the draft and an extra 6th round pick. Hmmm get the best QB AND LT AND a 6th for Roy and a 2nd.

Round 1

1st: Lions
    2nd: Lions
    3rd: Cinny

LOL that would be crazy to watch the Lions have the first 2 picks in the draft LOLOL.

just having some fun on a Friday. Opinions are like elbows, everyone has a couple and I'm just stating some fun ones :)
    Last edited by balto; 11-21-2008 at 01:27 PM.

unless the Lions have a player to throw in for the Chiefs, the Chiefs don't get enough in the trade. 800 points is A LOT to make up. That's almost like giving them what is essentially a 2nd round picks worth of value. They'd probably have to give up both 3rds as well.

If the Lions could swing a deal to give the Chiefs another 2nd rounder, they might get close enough to make the deal palletable.

The Lions receive the 2nd pick overall

The Chiefs receive:
    1 first round pick
    2 second round picks
    3 third round picks
    2 6th round picks

The Lions can't just match the point total. They have to entice the Chiefs to bite on the offer. The Chiefs aren't going to take the hit points wise. The Chiefs need to win on value if the Lions want the first two picks.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    A lot of Mocks have us drafted 2nd behind the Lions NOW.

Lions got a 1st,3rd,6th for the Roy W. trade to Dallas.

How funny would it be if the Lions traded up with there 1st rounder from Dallas to get our 2nd pick overall LOL

If the Chiefs get a DE or MLB in FA and Thiggy keeps doing what hes doing then we could trade down to around 15th(this is the MOCK spot for Dallas's pick) and draft Duke Robinson G from OU (STUD guard, RLY RLY good) or some DE/LB depending on what we do in FA.

This is how it would look (Lions would get the better value points wise, but chiefs would be in great shape)

Chiefs: get (15th, 33rd, 65th) thats the lions second 1st, and there 2nd and 3rd round picks which is worth: 15th=1,050 33rd=580, 65th=265, total of 1895 draft points

Lions: get (2nd pick over all) which is worth 2600 draft points

Value points taken from this website BTW: NFL Draft Value Points

Also, you would need to think of this in the Lions shoes. They would really be trading this. Roy W. and a 2nd rounder FOR the 2nd pick overall in the draft and an extra 6th round pick. Hmmm get the best QB AND LT AND a 6th for Roy and a 2nd.

Round 1

1st: Lions
    2nd: Lions
    3rd: Cinny

LOL that would be crazy to watch the Lions have the first 2 picks in the draft LOLOL.

just having some fun on a Friday. Opinions are like elbows, everyone has a couple and I'm just stating some fun ones :)
    You're right!!!

It is crazy.

I was, but will not, at this time, respond to this thread, unless I so chose to at the operate time, if I am able to.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I was, but will not, at this time, respond to this thread, unless I so chose to at the operate time, if I am able to.
    Clear as mud. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Clear as mud. :p
    Thank you, and thats all.

No, no, no!

It's: "That is all".
    Last edited by Chiefster; 11-21-2008 at 08:43 PM.

I like it. But I agree that that isn't enough compensation for The Chiefs. Maybe there would be a way to add another pick from the '10 draft, to balance the trade.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    unless the Lions have a player to throw in for the Chiefs, the Chiefs don't get enough in the trade. 800 points is A LOT to make up. That's almost like giving them what is essentially a 2nd round picks worth of value. They'd probably have to give up both 3rds as well.

If the Lions could swing a deal to give the Chiefs another 2nd rounder, they might get close enough to make the deal palletable.

The Chiefs receive:
    1 first round pick
    2 second round picks
    3 third round picks
    2 6th round picks

The Lions can't just match the point total. They have to entice the Chiefs to bite on the offer. The Chiefs aren't going to take the hit points wise. The Chiefs need to win on value if the Lions want the first two picks.
    your right! that would only the way to be the option to make that trade and the lions will not give up that much

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

The Chiefs receive:
    1 first round pick
    2 second round picks
    3 third round picks
    2 6th round picks

The Lions will never make this deal. It makes no sense for them in a salary cap, personnel, or any other sort of way.

Based on what Detroit fans think about the team, I'm not sure that the organization would be smart enough to consider a trade that complex.

Have you guys seen this link: http://www.latakethelions.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast