Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Herm get to 1-19?

Default Will Herm get to 1-19?

The Chiefs are only one loss away from getting to 1-19 - which would be the worst 20-game record for any team since the '76-'77 Bucs.

Can Herm do it?

Well I thought we would go 3-13, now I hope for 2 wins. Herm says it's up to the players now...... well yes Herm wasn't the one who turned the ball over 4 times, but Herm's also the one whose gotten everything he wanted for 3 years, and this is what we've got. Oh, I know, injuries, they're young, it's all part of the rebuilding, What F'ing ever. This is a team we should beat, and we're just getting it handed to us. I don't see any quit, and I know they want to win, but face it, we are just a pretty bad football team.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Well I thought we would go 3-13, now I hope for 2 wins. Herm says it's up to the players now...... well yes Herm wasn't the one who turned the ball over 4 times, but Herm's also the one whose gotten everything he wanted for 3 years, and this is what we've got. Oh, I know, injuries, they're young, it's all part of the rebuilding, What F'ing ever. This is a team we should beat, and we're just getting it handed to us. I don't see any quit, and I know they want to win, but face it, we are just a pretty bad football team.
    Agreed. If KC were in a large market, Herm Edwards would have replaced Isiah Thomas as a walking punchline months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Me. The CBS announcers are paid to be positive about every team so ratings stay high. I'm unpaid, so I'll say the truth.

The Chiefs need new (edit: and better) players at the following positions if they ever intend to be competitive (and this isn't even assuming that Gonzo and Waters retire):

C
    RG
    RT
    LDT
    RDT
    RDE
    LDE
    MLB
    ROLB
    1CB
    SS
    FS
    KR/PR

If Gonzo and Waters retire (and I'll bet anyone a shiny new nickel they do), add LG and maybe TE to that list.
    I''ll have to disagree with DTs, for now. They take quite a bit of time to develop. If you can't be patient, then that's too bad. I think we only need one end. When Jared was here, Hali was much better, I think he'd get better with a better DE. A corner? I hope that's for depth. Everything else, I agree with.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I do not think that the Chiefs have the talent on either side of the ball to be competitive in games against good opponents. I think our hustle and Gailey's OCing is enough to keep us competitive against bad teams or teams who overlook us.

The Chiefs have the least talent of any team in the league right now at almost every position.

It is sad, and it makes me very angry, but it is true.
    What?!

Tyler Thigpen has talent, whether it is enough we will have to see.

Brandon Flowers has lots of talent, give him some time.
    Brandon Carr has been playing pretty good too, give him some time..

Bowe is a good reciever, but he hasn't had the chance to really shine yet, because of Herm's run the ball philosophy and the lack of a good QB. Best rookie reciever last year!

Bernard Pollard has been playing pretty good the last few games.

Derrick Johnson is a former 1st rounder, and he has had good games before.

Jamaal Charles is very fast, and could become a niche playmaker!

Glenn Dorsey is a 1st round pick, its too early to say he isn't going to be good.

Branden Albert is actually doing okay, he's playing a new position and he's a rookie.

Not to mention the few good "vets" and the players we don't get to see play every game.

There are plenty of people with "talent" on this team, its making it all work at the same time that seems to be the problem. Take a look at the Patriots, a team which is notorius at taking "wash-outs" from other franchises and making them stars.
    Chan Gailey is a step in the right direction, he puts the players before the "system".

Maybe it's time to let Herm go?!

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I''ll have to disagree with DTs, for now. They take quite a bit of time to develop. If you can't be patient, then that's too bad. I think we only need one end. When Jared was here, Hali was much better, I think he'd get better with a better DE. A corner? I hope that's for depth. Everything else, I agree with.
    Flowers and Carr are getting torched out there. They'd maybe be fine with a pass rush, but they'll get burned every time without one. I have no faith either will ever be a legitimate number one CB.

Hali stinks. Anyone would look good opposite JA. Hali's the 2nd worst staring DE in the NFL after Turk McBride.

Our DTs stink. We could have grabbed a couple of 7th rounders, and they wouldn't be playing worse. They can't rush the passer or stop the run. What good are they, and why the hell were they worth a 1st and 3rd rounder?

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    What?!

Tyler Thigpen has talent, whether it is enough we will have to see.

Brandon Flowers has lots of talent, give him some time.
    Brandon Carr has been playing pretty good too, give him some time..

Bowe is a good reciever, but he hasn't had the chance to really shine yet, because of Herm's run the ball philosophy and the lack of a good QB. Best rookie reciever last year!

Bernard Pollard has been playing pretty good the last few games.

Derrick Johnson is a former 1st rounder, and he has had good games before.

Jamaal Charles is very fast, and could become a niche playmaker!

Glenn Dorsey is a 1st round pick, its too early to say he isn't going to be good.

Branden Albert is actually doing okay, he's playing a new position and he's a rookie.

Not to mention the few good "vets" and the players we don't get to see play every game.

There are plenty of people with "talent" on this team, its making it all work at the same time that seems to be the problem. Take a look at the Patriots, a team which is notorius at taking "wash-outs" from other franchises and making them stars.
    Chan Gailey is a step in the right direction, he puts the players before the "system".

Maybe it's time to let Herm go?!
    See my later post about who needs to go, and who needs to stay.

Flowers and Carr are getting torched out there. They'd maybe be fine with a pass rush, but they'll get burned every time without one. I have no faith either will ever be a legitimate number one CB.

Hali stinks. Anyone would look good opposite JA. Hali's the 2nd worst staring DE in the NFL after Turk McBride.

Our DTs stink. We could have grabbed a couple of 7th rounders, and they wouldn't be playing worse. They can't rush the passer or stop the run. What good are they, and why the hell were they worth a 1st and 3rd rounder?
    Flowers hasn't even played since the TB game, and he's been part-time today. Also, I want you to look up the stats of Haynesworth his rookie year, you might be surprised.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I guess when you're 1 - 18, you don't get A-game announcers. Holly crap these guys are awful. But no worse than our team as it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Flowers hasn't even played since the TB game, and he's been part-time today. Also, I want you to look up the stats of Haynesworth his rookie year, you might be surprised.
    Dorsey has good stats with regards to tackles, but he is only getting tackles because teams keep rushing at him every down because he's awful against the run.

Hayneworth, his rookie year, helped the Titans have one of the best run defenses (ranked 2nd) in the league, only giving up 3.8 yds/carry (ranked 7th).

Edge: Haynesworth

I do not think that the Chiefs have the talent on either side of the ball to be competitive in games against good opponents. I think our hustle and Gailey's OCing is enough to keep us competitive against bad teams or teams who overlook us.

The Chiefs have the least talent of any team in the league right now at almost every position.

It is sad, and it makes me very angry, but it is true.

Sorry, but I think the Chiefs have plenty of talent, they just don't have a REAL HEAD COACH. Only time will tell. Being a Head Coach and Pretending to be a Head Coach is as Winning and losing, Cut Carl, Cut Herm, Get a real HC and GM. They want to rebuild, Well rebuild from the Top Down!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast