Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The top ten things I hate about Herm Edwards:

Default The top ten things I hate about Herm Edwards:

10. We traded a fourth rounder for him, even though he had a losing record.

9. He is 14-29 as the Chiefs head coach.

8. He stuck with the Brodie Croyle experiment, which retarded our offense for two years.

7. The Chiefs front four is entirely drafted by Herm with high picks, and its the worst in the league in run defense and sacks.

6. He blames the OL problems on Vermiel, despite only drafting one O-lineman in the first four rounds in the past three years (1 out of 13 picks).

5. Calling a timeout with 23 seconds with the clock running and the ball in the Bucs possession near field goal range.

4. He wears a beret.

3. He has blamed everyone but himself for the Chiefs losses this season.

2. He ran LJ 416 times (most ever) in a season, killing his legs and morale.

1. The Chiefs are now 1-19 over the past twenty games, which is the worst twenty-game record for any non-expansion team, ever.

I have several others, including his treatments of Huard and Green, his miserable personnel decisions, etc., but these are the worst IMO.

Feel free to add to this list the things you hate about Herm.

I think that objectively speaking, it's over for this team as long as Herman Edwards is the Head Coach. I thought Al Saunders deserved the promotion to HC after Vermeil's retirement. Still, when Herman Edwards was announced, I had high hopes that he'd provide an improved defense and put the team on the track to competing week in and week out, year in and year out. Even after last year's disaster, I went into this season thinking the youth movement might pay dividends, the team might improve, blah, blah, blah. In other words, I wasn't a Herm Hater---but the chilling fact is that this team is downright terrible. It's the worst Chiefs team I've seen, and that includes a 2-12 team coached by Paul Wiggin and Tom Bettis back on the 14 game schedule. That team was bad. That team would manhandle this team. This is the lowest the franchise has sunk. Herman Edwards is in way over his head. I didn't think it would happen, but it even appears his supposed strong suit of defense is worse than the offense at this point. How is that even possible?

Default Terrible, simply terrible

I think that objectively speaking, it's over for this team as long as Herman Edwards is the Head Coach. I thought Al Saunders deserved the promotion to HC after Vermeil's retirement. Still, when Herman Edwards was announced, I had high hopes that he'd provide an improved defense and put the team on the track to competing week in and week out, year in and year out. Even after last year's disaster, I went into this season thinking the youth movement might pay dividends, the team might improve, blah, blah, blah. In other words, I wasn't a Herm Hater---but the chilling fact is that this team is downright terrible. It's the worst Chiefs team I've seen, and that includes a 2-12 team coached by Paul Wiggin and Tom Bettis back on the 14 game schedule. That team was bad. That team would manhandle this team. This is the lowest the franchise has sunk. Herman Edwards is in way over his head. I didn't think it would happen, but it even appears his supposed strong suit of defense is worse than the offense at this point. How is that even possible?

Things I hate about Herm Edwards:

1. He is the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs

Out.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs 4 View Post
    I read an interview regarding the NBA once where the interviewee was asked how a formerly great player like Isiah Thomas could put together such lousy teams. The person said that a guy like Thomas thought he saw something in players that no one else could see. That he knew more about basketball than anyone else, and that's why guys like Jerome James got big contracts.

Same applies to Herm. When he sees a guy like Turk McBride, he sees something in the footwork, technique, etc. that you and I don't. However, this specialization means that his misses big things, like effort, power, and speed that are paramount for the position.

In short, he outsmarts himself. Where a guy like you or me would say, "The Chiefs need a RT - I'll get the best one available for the best price," someone like Herm thinks he can coach McIntosh to a pro level. Someone like Herm thinks he can turn Brodie Croyle into a top flight QB, because of his vision, instincts, etc., while ignoring the fact that he is to brittle for the pro game.

I'm sure Herm is wondering why his defense is so bad. He probably thinks they just need to put for more effort and have more more Herm-style coaching. He misses the fact that they are not physically correct or properly trained for the positions.

This is why he's so dangerous as a talent evaluator. Once in a great while, he'll hit the lottery (a guy like Carr or Albert, for example). Most of the time, he'll overreach and think players better than they are.

Herm's much maligned QB in NY seems to have found new life in Miami. Seems that Pennington was taking a bad rap.

Looks look at the disturbing trend Herm has had with the Chiefs.

2006 9-7
    2007 4-12
    2008 1-10

Hmmm.....me thinks someone should be in the unemployment line...NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who in the hell keeps a job with that kind of performance record? Obviously the Jets were over him and were more than happy to send him packing. Five seasons with the Jets and Herm had a record of 39-41. Eric Mangini has turned the Jets around, with the help of Brett Favre. They're on track to have a 13-3 or 12-4 season and make the playoffs. Herm Edwards just keeps getting worse.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    10. We traded a fourth rounder for him, even though he had a losing record.

9. He is 14-29 as the Chiefs head coach.

8. He stuck with the Brodie Croyle experiment, which retarded our offense for two years.

7. The Chiefs front four is entirely drafted by Herm with high picks, and its the worst in the league in run defense and sacks.

6. He blames the OL problems on Vermiel, despite only drafting one O-lineman in the first four rounds in the past three years (1 out of 13 picks).

5. Calling a timeout with 23 seconds with the clock running and the ball in the Bucs possession near field goal range.

4. He wears a beret.

3. He has blamed everyone but himself for the Chiefs losses this season.

2. He ran LJ 416 times (most ever) in a season, killing his legs and morale.

1. The Chiefs are now 1-19 over the past twenty games, which is the worst twenty-game record for any non-expansion team, ever.

I have several others, including his treatments of Huard and Green, his miserable personnel decisions, etc., but these are the worst IMO.

Feel free to add to this list the things you hate about Herm.
    This is a good list to send to David Letterman for his TOP TEN list.
    Something I would add is that he doesn't seem to care about the players. Today he had a nauxious look on his face everytime the camera was on him and he never was seen talking to the players on the sideline, encouraging them to do better. I am so angry with him because of that. What does he tell them in halftime or does he just sit down picking the crack cheese out of his crack?
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs 4 View Post
    "Defensive" coach who now owns the record for giving up the most points in a game in the Chiefs history. Thanks Herm. Thanks imbecile. Everyone repeat after me: The team will not win with Herman Edwards as Head Coach. Period. The end.
    The team will not win with Herman Edwards as Head Coach. Period. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    This is a good list to send to David Letterman for his TOP TEN list.
    Something I would add is that he doesn't seem to care about the players. Today he had a nauxious look on his face everytime the camera was on him and he never was seen talking to the players on the sideline, encouraging them to do better. I am so angry with him because of that. What does he tell them in halftime or does he just sit down picking the crack cheese out of his crack?
    I know exactly what you mean. Everytime the camera hits him, he is just standing there with the "Deer in the headlights look!" He is never coaching, never pumping up his players, not even talking to assistant coaches. Just standing there! I think he is affraid to talk to anyone b/c he doesn't know what to say or how to fix anything. We know he can't make adjustments or manage the clock! Germ and the queen are the perfect pair, I hope they go to oakland together!

What I want to know is, where is he selling all the pictures he draws on that clipboard with that black marker, cause he sure is not making notes for adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    What I want to know is, where is he selling all the pictures he draws on that clipboard with that black marker, cause he sure is not making notes for adjustments.
    I have an idea:

"Well you know my name is Herman, and I like to do draaawrings"...Cheeky Monkey.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast