Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm Sick of it

Default I'm Sick of it

So sick of starting my week this way. Every week.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    starting with his drafting a te if i recall our hall of fame tight end wont be here much longer and it is better to adress this while he is still here so the new guy can learn from him duh but this is coming from a guy who thinks the faiders lions and bengals have better young players than the chiefs all you had to do was listen to the commentators from todays game jm
    JM is vastly over-reacting. But drafting a TE to be groomed for a couple of years, when you have several starting positions that aren't covered is, most definitely a bad idea.

And listening to commentators is also a bad idea. I can assure you that if they were announcing that they thought this team was just flat-out horrible, their jobs would be on the line.

They are not allowed to be too negative about the product that they are selling. That is considered bad business.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Since when do people listen to jml anyways?
    Um, ever since I've been completely right about everything (except Thigpen - I never saw him being 1/2 as good)? Would that be a good time?

Yeah, I'm very, very negative about this team right now. That's because thinking everything is going to be OK won't do anyone any good.

You are all deluding yourself if you think we are on a team on the rise. We are a bad team that hasn't hit rock bottom yet. We have just finished the worst 20-game stretch in NFL history for a non-expansion team. We have the worst record in the NFL over the past two seasons. Rearranging the deck chairs won't stop this ship from sinking.

starting with his drafting a te if i recall our hall of fame tight end wont be here much longer and it is better to address this while he is still here so the new guy can learn from him duh but this is coming from a guy who thinks the faiders lions and bengals have better young players than the chiefs all you had to do was listen to the commentators from todays game jm
    Chief31 has it right.

In 2008, we drafted Cottam with a 3rd round pick and signed him to a three-year deal.

In mid-2008, we refused to trade Tony G., despite the fact that he asked for one, we're "rebuilding," and we supposedly have the TE of the future in the wings.

At the end of 2008, Tony G. will demand a trade or retire. We will get less than the 3rd round pick we asked for, because Tony G. is older, and we have no leverage as he may retire.

If Tony G. doesn't retire and stays with the Chiefs, and he has two more years in him, then drafting Cottam as his backup, instead of drafting a RG/RT was a massive mistake.

How, exactly, did this draft pick make any sense if we are not trading Tony?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    JM is vastly over-reacting. But drafting a TE to be groomed for a couple of years, when you have several starting positions that aren't covered is, most definitely a bad idea.

And listening to commentators is also a bad idea. I can assure you that if they were announcing that they thought this team was just flat-out horrible, their jobs would be on the line.

They are not allowed to be too negative about the product that they are selling. That is considered bad business.
    thats what i am getting at i doubt it will be a couple of years he is being broken in this year and will most likely be our starting tight end next year and i dont base my opinions from the commentators i can see by watching the game some of the talent these young players have but i doubt the commentators have to sale anything with the nfl it sales itself but it came out of randy crosses mouth when he said this team has talent on the offensive side of the ball it just has to come together witch is true he did not get forced to say that one problem with a statement he made was when he said herm was a good football coach that i could not disagree more with

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    We have new, young players, Yes, we have the youngest team in the NFL right now. But we DO have Talent. We Need Talent @ Coaching. It's time for Clark to step up to the plate and start HIS rebuilding of the Team, and yes just as you said from the GM and the HC down.
    We haVE tlaent at a few positons, but it doesn't matter how good we are. Herm Edwards is a sub par NFL coach, he is not the answer to this team. The fact that we may very well go 1-15 and Herm isn't even in the hotseat makes me question Clark. There is talent on this team,. but the coaching is absolutely below average. I am placing the blame of the failure of this franchise on Clark. Herm i14-29 as a head coach and not in the hot seat. This is absolutely astounding to me. I don't care what anyone says. Statistically this defense is as bad as any D under the Vermeil years. You can say we are young and inexperienced, but when you have no vets, or coaches to mentor, it doesn't matter how much talent we have. I am done blaming Herm. Screw Clark, he obviously doesn't give a ****.

thats what i am getting at i doubt it will be a couple of years he is being broken in this year and will most likely be our starting tight end next year and i dont base my opinions from the commentators i can see by watching the game some of the talent these young players have but i doubt the commentators have to sale anything with the nfl it sales itself but it came out of randy crosses mouth when he said this team has talent on the offensive side of the ball it just has to come together witch is true he did not get forced to say that one problem with a statement he made was when he said herm was a good football coach that i could not disagree more with
    (1) Commentators never criticize coaches, GMs, or players, unless its for some egregious behavior. Not just for being terrible.

(2) No NFL personality is going to criticize a minority coach, as they are embarassed by the fact that so few coaches are minorities.

(3) If Cottam is to be our starting TE in 2009, then what possible sense did it make not to trade Tony G. as midseason like he asked? We're going to get less, not more, for him when the season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    We haVE tlaent at a few positons, but it doesn't matter how good we are. Herm Edwards is a sub par NFL coach, he is not the answer to this team. The fact that we may very well go 1-15 and Herm isn't even in the hotseat makes me question Clark. There is talent on this team,. but the coaching is absolutely below average. I am placing the blame of the failure of this franchise on Clark. Herm i14-29 as a head coach and not in the hot seat. This is absolutely astounding to me. I don't care what anyone says. Statistically this defense is as bad as any D under the Vermeil years. You can say we are young and inexperienced, but when you have no vets, or coaches to mentor, it doesn't matter how much talent we have. I am done blaming Herm. Screw Clark, he obviously doesn't give a ****.
    I have been wondering something about Clark.

Why would Lamar Hunt ask CP to promise to take care of the Arrowhead renovations and see this 'rebuild' through, instead of just asking Clark to do it?

I am wondering if Lamar didn't believe that his son would not be able to commit to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    (1) Commentators never criticize coaches, GMs, or players, unless its for some egregious behavior. Not just for being terrible.

(2) No NFL personality is going to criticize a minority coach, as they are embarassed by the fact that so few coaches are minorities.

(3) If Cottam is to be our starting TE in 2009, then what possible sense did it make not to trade Tony G. as midseason like he asked? We're going to get less, not more, for him when the season is over.
    agree with all 3 but the reason tony did not get traded is well you know the teams that were interested had to deal with carl actually nobody offerd to much to begin with i hope tony stays but i do not see it happening

starting with his drafting a te if i recall our hall of fame tight end wont be here much longer and it is better to address this while he is still here so the new guy can learn from him duh but this is coming from a guy who thinks the faiders lions and bengals have better young players than the chiefs all you had to do was listen to the commentators from todays game jm
    Also, I never said the Raiders or Bengals had better young talent than us - I said they had more talent now.

The Lions do have more young talent than we do. They also were smart enought to fire Millen after seven years. We aren't smart enough to fire CP after twenbty years.

agree with all 3 but the reason tony did not get traded is well you know the teams that were interested had to deal with carl actually nobody offerd to much to begin with i hope tony stays but i do not see it happening
    The Eagles offered a 3rd round pick, which will probably be middle of the round. We aren't ever going to do better than that. We knew we were in a losing season anyway, and we wouldn't have Tony in 2009. How did this sequence of events make any sense?!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast