Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm Sick of it

Default I'm Sick of it

So sick of starting my week this way. Every week.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    So sick of starting my week this way. Every week.
    The first thing you have to do is accept that fact that we are not almost fixed. If you start thinking that our team is a couple years, a couple players, or a new coach away, it will drive you nuts.

This team isn't a little but away. Our team has the least talent in the history of the NFL - from the owner, to the GM, to the coaches, to the players. There are diamonds in the rough (Gailey, Tony G., Thigpen, Waters, Bradley, etc.), but they are few and far between. We cannot get back to respectability easily. This team needs to be rebuilt from the GM on down to the kick returner.

When you have accepted that, you will feel much better. Knowing, as opposed to fearing, that your team is going in the wrong direction is very liberating. Realizing that the entire culture needs to be changed, instead of a couple things, means you don't get too upset when idiocies like cutting Napo, Savage, or Eric Walden occur like they have the later part of this season.

You should not begin to hope until foundational changes are made. When the Chiefs sign good, young FAs, you can begin to hope. When they sign their own good, young free agents instead of trading them or letting them go, then you can have hope. When our defensive schemes fit our defensive players, then you can have hope. When we begin drafting to our needs rather than drafting an impressive collection of TEs, then you have hope.

Until then, rest assured that the climate of losing created by Herm/Carl will not end until their entire philosophy of team building is destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    The first thing you have to do is accept that fact that we are not almost fixed. If you start thinking that our team is a couple years, a couple players, or a new coach away, it will drive you nuts.

This team isn't a little but away. Our team has the least talent in the history of the NFL - from the owner, to the GM, to the coaches, to the players. There are diamonds in the rough (Gailey, Tony G., Thigpen, Waters, Bradley, etc.), but they are few and far between. We cannot get back to respectability easily. This team needs to be rebuilt from the GM on down to the kick returner.

When you have accepted that, you will feel much better. Knowing, as opposed to fearing, that your team is going in the wrong direction is very liberating. Realizing that the entire culture needs to be changed, instead of a couple things, means you don't get too upset when idiocies like cutting Napo, Savage, or Eric Walden occur like they have the later part of this season.

You should not begin to hope until foundational changes are made. When the Chiefs sign good, young FAs, you can begin to hope. When they sign their own good, young free agents instead of trading them or letting them go, then you can have hope. When our defensive schemes fit our defensive players, then you can have hope. When we begin drafting to our needs rather than drafting an impressive collection of TEs, then you have hope.

Until then, rest assured that the climate of losing created by Herm/Carl will not end until their entire philosophy of team building is destroyed.
    you are one negative chiefs fan it is starting to get old this team will be a contender in a few years wait and see a few o-line free agents and draft picks a de end draft or free agent and some lbs draft or free agent and this team will be well on there way they have some bright spots in there young players if you can not see that than you are blind

Wow, I wonder how long you've been watching football. I could blow this awful post up into 1000 pieces, but I just dont have the energy for you after this pitiful loss.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

A little to negative for me, but you have some a point about the GM and coaches. But how can you call Tony Gonzales and Waters diamonds in the rough? Gonzo is probaby a first ballet Hall of Famer.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    you are one negative chiefs fan it is starting to get old this team will be a contender in a few years wait and see a few o-line free agents and draft picks a de end draft or free agent and some lbs draft or free agent and this team will be well on there way they have some bright spots in there young players if you can not see that than you are blind
    I agree, that ************* guy is a complete Al Davis. (translation= jackass)
    Last edited by chief31; 11-23-2008 at 04:57 PM. Reason: No personal attacks.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

We have new, young players, Yes, we have the youngest team in the NFL right now. But we DO have Talent. We Need Talent @ Coaching. It's time for Clark to step up to the plate and start HIS rebuilding of the Team, and yes just as you said from the GM and the HC down.

Since when do people listen to jml anyways?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Wow, I wonder how long you've been watching football. I could blow this awful post up into 1000 pieces, but I just dont have the energy for you after this pitiful loss.
    starting with his drafting a te if i recall our hall of fame tight end wont be here much longer and it is better to address this while he is still here so the new guy can learn from him duh but this is coming from a guy who thinks the faiders lions and bengals have better young players than the chiefs all you had to do was listen to the commentators from todays game jm
    Last edited by slc chief; 11-23-2008 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    A little to negative for me, but you have some a point about the GM and coaches. But how can you call Tony Gonzales and Waters diamonds in the rough? Gonzo is probaby a first ballet Hall of Famer.
    By diamonds in the rough, I am saying that they are good players among players that aren't so good. It is a compliment to them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast