Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who woulda thought ???

Default Who woulda thought ???

After watching the Chiefs/Bills game and the Chargers/Colts game , Who would you say was the best Fantasy Football QB ? Manning or Thigpen ? I Benched Thigpen for Manning today and Thigpen got 29 points to Manning's 22. Wow !

Yea I picked up thigpen 4 weeks ago and dumped ELI and he has scored me over 23 points every week...:) Eli rarely passes good numbers

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    After watching the Chiefs/Bills game and the Chargers/Colts game , Who would you say was the best Fantasy Football QB ? Manning or Thigpen ? I Benched Thigpen for Manning today and Thigpen got 29 points to Manning's 22. Wow !
    Thigpen is awesome. Yes he had a very bad game. In fact he probably lost it for us, but he was still more productive than Pro-bowl Vets and surely better than anyone KC has seen wearing Red in the last two years.

He is becoming my new favorite player. However, I think he will struggle if Tony G leaves us. Tony has got to love how Thigpen is helping Tony Add to his record books.

I really think he is worth building around, even if he doesn't improve a bunch more from here. At least then that position won't be killing us next year and we can address it later when there are less holes to worry about and hopefully a better selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Thigpen is awesome. Yes he had a very bad game. In fact he probably lost it for us, but he was still more productive than Pro-bowl Vets and surely better than anyone KC has seen wearing Red in the last two years.

He is becoming my new favorite player. However, I think he will struggle if Tony G leaves us. Tony has got to love how Thigpen is helping Tony Add to his record books.

I really think he is worth building around, even if he doesn't improve a bunch more from here. At least then that position won't be killing us next year and we can address it later when there are less holes to worry about and hopefully a better selection.
    That is so right! rep to you.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    That is so right! rep to you.
    I agree. It seems like this year does not have a lot of talent at QB in the draft, but a lot of defensive and O-line talent. Things I think are much more important to both winning, AND building a QB.

In this league if you have a dominant D and a great O-line, the QB can be mediocre and you can at least make the playoffs, if not the SB (see baltimore, chicago, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I agree. It seems like this year does not have a lot of talent at QB in the draft, but a lot of defensive and O-line talent. Things I think are much more important to both winning, AND building a QB.

In this league if you have a dominant D and a great O-line, the QB can be mediocre and you can at least make the playoffs, if not the SB (see baltimore, chicago, etc).
    Those QBs with The Bears and Ravens' Super Bowl teams were actually pretty bad ones.

But they did what they were told and threw nothing but 'safe', short passes, so there were few turnovers.

When you have the defense, Special Teams and the O-line to carry you, you hardly need a QB at all.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Manning was throwing gains the worst pass D too.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post

I agree...and as stated earlier, this keeps us from 'gambling' a 1st or 2nd round draft pick on a QB who would most likely not pan out. It seems like for every 5 QB's drafted in the top rounds, you get 1 Matt Ryan. The rest end up just like Matt Lienhart or Alex Smith. There are many assumptions made on this board that whoever we are to draft (qb) will be this superstar QBOTF for us. But as I said, it usually does happen like that.

I really like Thigpen, but he has a very bad habit of under throwing balls. I'm sure someone has already mentioned this somewhere on the boards, but oh well. Buffalo was the first team that made him pay for it. Regardless, I hope we stick with Thigpen this year. I am no longer on the bandwagon of using the 1st pick on a QB unless there is someone we just can't pass on. But I don't think that will be the case. I see another defensive player in our future with the 1st round(2nd overall) pick.

Possibly this guy. Only problem is that he will havfe to change his jersey #.
    Rey Maualuga
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owXgLCbw5YU"]YouTube - Introducing Rey Maualuga[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WyMRq-7SLA"]YouTube - Ray Maualuga #58 USC[/ame]
    Last edited by Coach; 11-27-2008 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I really like Thigpen, but he has a very bad habit of under throwing balls. I'm sure someone has already mentioned this somewhere on the boards, but oh well. Buffalo was the first team that made him pay for it. Regardless, I hope we stick with Thigpen this year. I am no longer on the bandwagon of using the 1st pick on a QB unless there is someone we just can't pass on. But I don't think that will be the case. I see another defensive player in our future with the 1st round(2nd overall) pick.

Possibly this guy. Only problem is that he will havfe to change his jersey #.
    Rey Maualuga

YES!!!!
    I know you're coach, but rep anyway! See my siggy!
    #57! Looks like he was BORN to wear that thing, yes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast