Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 potential

Default 2009 potential

With a last place schedule and high picks, along with playing the NFC east next year, I can still see the Chiefs winning 6 games. With a new coach taking over, 6-10 would be a good place to build a foundation. Hopefully management wakes up and starts fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by section311 View Post
    With a last place schedule and high picks, along with playing the NFC east next year, I can still see the Chiefs winning 6 games. With a new coach taking over, 6-10 would be a good place to build a foundation. Hopefully management wakes up and starts fresh.
    MANAGMENT IS NOT CHANGING UNTIL 2010 PAL. Were gonna be OK next year anyway though.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

I'm hoping that next season will be better than this season, 6 wins would make me happy and ready to do cartwheels.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Our schedule should be worse, not better, next year. The NFC East is the toughest division in football right now. The AFC West should be better next year (it can't be worse.) Our last place schedule only changes our schedule for two games a year, and I don't think any teams will be worse than us next year.

Right now, it looks like we'll be losing both Tony G. and Brian Waters this offseason, two of our three Pro Bowlers. It wouldn't shock me if we cut/traded LJ because of his discipline problems as well, thereby getting rid of our third Pro Bowler.

Our only chance for wins (plural) next year is a massive foundational change. ssuming we don't sign any worthwhile FAs (a safe assumption) and rely on the draft for the 10-15 starting spots that need to be filled, we'll be lucky to win a game in 2009, just as we were in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Our schedule should be worse, not better, next year. The NFC East is the toughest division in football right now. The AFC West should be better next year (it can't be worse.) Our last place schedule only changes our schedule for two games a year, and I don't think any teams will be worse than us next year.

Right now, it looks like we'll be losing both Tony G. and Brian Waters this offseason, two of our three Pro Bowlers. It wouldn't shock me if we cut/traded LJ because of his discipline problems as well, thereby getting rid of our third Pro Bowler.

Our only chance for wins (plural) next year is a massive foundational change. ssuming we don't sign any worthwhile FAs (a safe assumption) and rely on the draft for the 10-15 starting spots that need to be filled, we'll be lucky to win a game in 2009, just as we were in 2008.
    Amen! How does anyone see this team getting better? Next year they will probably start 35 first or second year kids that haven't proven they can play at this level, and no probowlers so teach them. They will set a new record for bad. But we will still get into the record books.
    1- team with the lowest sack total.
    2 - team given most yards per game.
    Plus we let other teams make franchise records for most points, most rushing yards, biggest comeback wins.

We should be proud of herm for rebuilding this team, over the last three years!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_kickingtale View Post
    Amen! How does anyone see this team getting better? Next year they will probably start 35 first or second year kids that haven't proven they can play at this level, and no probowlers so teach them. They will set a new record for bad. But we will still get into the record books.
    Plus we let other teams make franchise records for most points, most rushing yards, biggest comeback wins.

To put it in an even more depressing context:

Right now, we do not know if we will have NFL caliber players at the following offensive positions in 2009:

LG
    C
    RG
    RT
    TE (I'll believe in Cottam when I see it)
    RB (LJ is probably gone, and Charles isn't an every down back)

That six positions on offense. And our offense is much stronger than our defense. Right now, we do not know if we will have NFL caliber players at the following defensive positions in 2009:

LDE
    1DT (Dorsey will start, but who knows if he'll ever be a decent DT - he isn't right now)
    2DT
    RDE
    MLB
    ROLB
    FS

That is seven positions on defense. In a perfect world, we'd also replace Pollard at SS and sign a 1CB and move Carr to the slot.

We have at least 13 positions on offense and defense that will either be manned by unproven rookies, the current wash-outs we have, or the bargain basement FAs we sign. That's 60% of our starters. Not to mention our depth is awful across the board.

And imagine if Thigpen turns back into a pumpkin. Or if he gets hurt behind our atrocious line.

A real owner, GM, and coach could rebuild this team. We don't have a real owner, GM, or coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_kickingtale View Post

I predict, if Herm stays to start next season, that The Chiefs will grab a free agent or two from the higher priced shelves.

Clark won't be able to fire Herm at 0-5 if he has deliberately handicapped him by not paying for a team.

I think that that is a major factor in why Herm doesn't seem to be in 'the hotseat' right now.

If your team is unwilling to pay for NFL talent, then you don't expect an NFL team.

Schedule will be tough again next year. Had the NFC South this year (every team 6-5 to 8-3) and the NFC East next year. Got Pittsburgh, Dallas, and the Giants at home, and road games at Baltimore, Washington, and Philly (Chiefs comin' to Philly, yeah baby!).

We do get to play the two rotten Ohio teams as well as our rotten division opponents. Overall another hard schedule though.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Schedule will be tough again next year. Had the NFC South this year (every team 6-5 to 8-3) and the NFC East next year. Got Pittsburgh, Dallas, and the Giants at home, and road games at Baltimore, Washington, and Philly (Chiefs comin' to Philly, yeah baby!).

We do get to play the two rotten Ohio teams as well as our rotten division opponents. Overall another hard schedule though.
    On the bright side, our 2010 schedule looks easy right now with the horrible NFC west. The AFC south looks to be going down, as well.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I predict, if Herm stays to start next season, that The Chiefs will grab a free agent or two from the higher priced shelves.

Clark won't be able to fire Herm at 0-5 if he has deliberately handicapped him by not paying for a team.

I think that that is a major factor in why Herm doesn't seem to be in 'the hotseat' right now.

If your team is unwilling to pay for NFL talent, then you don't expect an NFL team.

True.
    "It takes money to make money"

You DO know this ultra-cheapness is all about the current construction, yes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast