Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Crucible

Default The Crucible

It has arrived. With no more wins the rest of the season( bank on it ), we will absolutely and without a doubt find out where the future of this franchise lies.

There's no backing out and there are no excuses; Clark Hunt can either step-up and sack-up at the end of this season, or we can just consider the time we spend watching and talking Chiefs football all for naught, as the party WILL be over.

No Owner who cares about his team allows this kind of record to stand, and/or go unaccounted for.

Time to Step-Up, Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    It has arrived. With no more wins the rest of the season( bank on it ), we will absolutely and without a doubt find out where the future of this franchise lies.

There's no backing out and there are no excuses; Clark Hunt can either step-up and sack-up at the end of this season, or we can just consider the time we spend watching and talking Chiefs football all for naught, as the party WILL be over.

No Owner who cares about his team allows this kind of record to stand, and/or go unaccounted for.

Time to Step-Up, Clark.
    Clark Hunt is never going to fire Carl Peterson.

Carl Peterson is never going to fire Herm Edwards.

Herm Edwards will fire Gunther Cunningham.

That is the limit of the change that will occur.

In 2009, we'll lose our Pro Bowlers (LJ, Gonzo, and Waters) to retirement, to trades, or to cuts.

We have not even come close to rock bottom, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Clark Hunt is never going to fire Carl Peterson.

Carl Peterson is never going to fire Herm Edwards.

Herm Edwards will fire Gunther Cunningham.

That is the limit of the change that will occur.

In 2009, we'll lose our Pro Bowlers (LJ, Gonzo, and Waters) to retirement, to trades, or to cuts.

We have not even come close to rock bottom, yet.

I think you are wrong. Herm will fire Gunther. Gunther is Herm's scapegoat for having such a horrible Defense after Herm built the defensive players.

He will say that Gunther was Carl's guy and tried to work with him. Now it is time for his guy.

That is the death cycle of a HC. First they change players, then they change OC and DC, then the HC is gone. The already got rid of all the Dick Vermiel coaches except Gunther.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I think you are wrong. Herm will fire Gunther. Gunther is Herm's scapegoat for having such a horrible Defense after Herm built the defensive players.

He will say that Gunther was Carl's guy and tried to work with him. Now it is time for his guy.

That is the death cycle of a HC. First they change players, then they change OC and DC, then the HC is gone. The already got rid of all the Dick Vermiel coaches except Gunther.
    Read closer! I said Herm would fire Gunther.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Read closer! I said Herm would fire Gunther.
    WELL... Thank you for pointing out my ignorance.

I apologize for wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post

Time to Step-Up, Clark.
    I've mentioned it in other threads. But what do you think 1-15 does for the balance sheet of the Chiefs. Especially after going 4-12, which means next year will more than likely be a bad year as well.

Clark wants this franchise to fail. He wants it to get so bad that he has no choice but to relocate the Chiefs. It happened in Cleveland, don't think it can't happen here. Days after the city approved a 175 million dollar renovation the Browns moved to Baltimore. So saying it won't happen because of that is naive. It's the only thing I can come up with. Your HC is 1-10, 5-22 going to last year, 1-19 over a 20 game stretch and nothing. He hasn't said ****. Makes me freaking wonder. And until Mr. Hunt does something to prove me wrong, I have a strong feeling about this.

Go ahead and call me all the names you can muster. I just find it weird that the owner hasn't said anything about this whole situation.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I've mentioned it in other threads. But what do you think 1-15 does for the balance sheet of the Chiefs. Especially after going 4-12, which means next year will more than likely be a bad year as well.

Clark wants this franchise to fail. He wants it to get so bad that he has no choice but to relocate the Chiefs. It happened in Cleveland, don't think it can't happen here. Days after the city approved a 175 million dollar renovation the Browns moved to Baltimore. So saying it won't happen because of that is naive. It's the only thing I can come up with. Your HC is 1-10, 5-22 going to last year, 1-19 over a 20 game stretch and nothing. He hasn't said ****. Makes me freaking wonder. And until Mr. Hunt does something to prove me wrong, I have a strong feeling about this.

Go ahead and call me all the names you can muster. I just find it weird that the owner hasn't said anything about this whole situation.
    You're not too far off the mark; I was thinking about this very subject yesterday after the game. What was I thinking? Not enough to establish any concrete theories. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post

I really doubt that Clark wants to move. The Hunt family has to much invested in Arrowhead. There building a memorial to Lamar for crying out loud! I still stand on what I have said before, cp is here until the renovations are done, therefore hermie to.

I hope I am wrong!!!!!!
    I hope I am wrong!!!!!!!!!
    I hope I am wrong!!!!!
    I hope I am wrong!!!!!!!!
    I hope I am wrong!!!!!!!!
    I hope I am wrong!!!!!!
    I hope I am wrong!!!!!!!!!!

:please: :please: :please: :please:

about cp and hermie!
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 11-24-2008 at 07:21 PM.

The man never even cracked a polite smile all the times I saw him yesterday.
    Perhaps Clark has given him a ultimatum about getting the chiefs to win some more or else. Perhaps at this moment Hermie's job to be here in 2009 is on the line.
    Maybe that is why Hermie looked so ...sick(for lack of a better word).
    So maybe if the chiefs lose the rest of the season Clark will can Hermie after this regular season.

Hey, it COULD happen...
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Hey I hope I am worng. I don't want the Chiefs to leave. A lot of great memories at Arrowhead, I mean a lot. You have got to start wondering where is Clark, I am not aware of any press releases. He has said nothing and in fact says that he is gonna stay the course and follow Herm's plan through. So if our roster is in worse shape than it is this year, the amount of money he loses will warrant a relocation.
    Next year will be Herm's fourth year, and I think we still have a ways to go before we can be called contenders. This is a business, and Clark is in it to make money. Lamar may have loved KC, his son may, I think he sees greener pastures in another city. This is all specualtion....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast