Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Official; I'm on the "Gun Must Go" Train.

Default It's Official; I'm on the "Gun Must Go" Train.

It's Official; I'm on the "Gun Must Go" Train.
    This defense is absolutely horrible minus Flowers, Carr, and occasionally Leggitt. Gun has no influence on his players, and it's as plain as day.

He's in charge of the linebackers, and the linebackers just...suck. Can't sack, can't tackle, can't anticipate, and straight-up can't do ****.

The line blows, and couldn't create pressure with my late-Grandmother's pressure cooker.

This is Gansz "defense" at it's absolute worst.

Gun; You're Fired.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    No doubt about it. We took 2 steps forward last year and this year we have ran 1 mile backwards. Something needs to change, 11 games into the season you think it would have happened alrready.

I think it is obvious that this season Gunther will be Herm's Scapegoat just like last year's OC was.
    A Cover 2 defense will never ever work without a pass rush from the front four. Which is why so few teams atually run a pure Cover 2 like we are trying to do. When we traded our sack leader, we lost that pass rush.

Herm though guys like Hali, Tank, McBride, and Dorsey would more than make up for that. He very obviously overrated the talents of these four, whether its because they're inexperienced or because they aren't very good.

The problem, unfortunately, is that we don't have the personnel for a more man-to-man blitz style defense. Our secondary would get roasted. So what do we do? Either draft better or sign some FAs.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    A Cover 2 defense will never ever work without a pass rush from the front four. Which is why so few teams atually run a pure Cover 2 like we are trying to do. When we traded our sack leader, we lost that pass rush.

Herm though guys like Hali, Tank, McBride, and Dorsey would more than make up for that. He very obviously overrated the talents of these four, whether its because they're inexperienced or because they aren't very good.

The problem, unfortunately, is that we don't have the personnel for a more man-to-man blitz style defense. Our secondary would get roasted. So what do we do? Either draft better or sign some FAs.
    I wouldn't count on either.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I wouldn't count on either.
    Sadly I agree, no change until Arrowhead is done. I hope I am wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Sadly I agree, no change until Arrowhead is done. I hope I am wrong!
    I read ya dude.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12