Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Official; I'm on the "Gun Must Go" Train.

Default It's Official; I'm on the "Gun Must Go" Train.

It's Official; I'm on the "Gun Must Go" Train.
    This defense is absolutely horrible minus Flowers, Carr, and occasionally Leggitt. Gun has no influence on his players, and it's as plain as day.

He's in charge of the linebackers, and the linebackers just...suck. Can't sack, can't tackle, can't anticipate, and straight-up can't do ****.

The line blows, and couldn't create pressure with my late-Grandmother's pressure cooker.

This is Gansz "defense" at it's absolute worst.

Gun; You're Fired.

Is it gun's fault or is Herm trying to implement his D. If it meant keeping my job, I'd probably do whaterver it takes to make the boss happy. you know Gunther's not getting any younger. Or is that he's lost his touch. The lack of pressure our D gets on the QB is quite pathetic. I don't know. But I'd probably bet that Gun will end up takng the fall for this season, and rightfully so. But how much of it is really Gunther and how much is Herm.

Gunther had tons of talent when he was successful. It wasn't Gunther who made the defense great. It was the players. He was re-hired to make Chicken Salad with Chicken Poop. He is failing and will continue to do so until the talent can win by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Gunther had tons of talent when he was successful. It wasn't Gunther who made the defense great. It was the players. He was re-hired to make Chicken Salad with Chicken Poop. He is failing and will continue to do so until the talent can win by itself.
    Not just that, you can tell the players don't like him one bit. It shows in how the defense plays every week.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Not just that, you can tell the players don't like him one bit. It shows in how the defense plays every week.
    Yep.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    It doesnt help when your told by the HC here is the basic defense try to implement something out of it. Ive said it befor and will say it again. Give Gunther his defense back. Let him create a defense around the talent he has not what he should have. If Herm wants to be the DC then step down and take over that position. Now im not pointing fingers at anyone on the team in particular but it seems that the reason Gunther is a dieing breed is that he is a old school type of coach. Todays players do not respond the same to a in your face coach that will chew out your a$$ for doing something dumb. No one on any team is above a a$$ chewing no matter who you are on what team. I, for 1, has to respect a man that will not change his ways in order to make a high priced person that plays a game happy.

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    It doesnt help when your told by the HC here is the basic defense try to implement something out of it. Ive said it befor and will say it again. Give Gunther his defense back. Let him create a defense around the talent he has not what he should have. If Herm wants to be the DC then step down and take over that position. Now im not pointing fingers at anyone on the team in particular but it seems that the reason Gunther is a dieing breed is that he is a old school type of coach. Todays players do not respond the same to a in your face coach that will chew out your a$$ for doing something dumb. No one on any team is above a a$$ chewing no matter who you are on what team. I, for 1, has to respect a man that will not change his ways in order to make a high priced person that plays a game happy.
    I was a long proponent of that very argument, but the overall lack of fundamentals in this defense is more damning than anything else.
    These guys are NOT being properly coached.
    When you combine that along with a guy like Gailey who can very obviously adapt and make HIS system work, Gun's deficiencies become all the more apparent.

There's a new Tiecher piece out today. It's a hard read because it underscores the human element of Cunningham, and it makes you want to rethink your position if you're ready to chuck Gun under the bus. But the bottom line is the level of play. And our current level of defensive play is straight-up horrible.
    Last edited by Darth CarlSatan; 11-25-2008 at 09:44 AM.

Angry Defense??

Our inability to stop the run, pressure the Q-back and tackle are products of the system. The system is the responsibility of the coach.

The system is broke and so is the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by billb40 View Post
    Our inability to stop the run, pressure the Q-back and tackle are products of the system. The system is the responsibility of the coach.

The system is broke and so is the coach.
    No doubt about it. We took 2 steps forward last year and this year we have ran 1 mile backwards. Something needs to change, 11 games into the season you think it would have happened alrready.

I think it is obvious that this season Gunther will be Herm's Scapegoat just like last year's OC was.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    These guys are NOT being properly coached.
    When you combine that along with a guy like Gailey who can very obviously adapt and make HIS system work, Gun's deficiencies become all the more apparent.
    Gailey didn't make his system work. He used another system.

I have little doubt that Gun is not allowed to change Herms system.

I don't mind if Gun goes, as long as Herm goes. But I fully expect Herm to stay as Gunther gets the boot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast