Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jared Allen 8 sacks, Chiefs whole team - 6!

Default Jared Allen 8 sacks, Chiefs whole team - 6!

That really worked out for the chiefs! Of course they did get some draft picks that we HOPE will be able to play in three to 4 years, then they will be FA's and will probably sign somewhere else!

Chiefs will brake all the wrong records this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_kickingtale View Post
    That really worked out for the chiefs! Of course they did get some draft picks that we HOPE will be able to play in three to 4 years, then they will be FA's and will probably sign somewhere else!

Chiefs will brake all the wrong records this year!
    You wouldn't believe it, but there are still people on this board who defend this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    You wouldn't believe it, but there are still people on this board who defend this trade.
    I'll defend it. Carl pissed of Jared. He was never going to sign with the Chiefs.

We got two decent starters instead of franchising him every year.

Now if you want to talk about the ignorance of pissing of Jared or how pathetic Herm has drafted. Okay.

Here is something toremember. I heard on radio this morning that the NFL's worste record for team sacks is something like 13 sacks. The Chiefs have 6. One of those sacks was because a QB fell down on his own a yard short of the line of scrimmage.

The Chiefs could very well be the worste pass rushing defense in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Here is something toremember. I heard on radio this morning that the NFL's worste record for team sacks is something like 13 sacks. The Chiefs have 6. One of those sacks was because a QB fell down on his own a yard short of the line of scrimmage.

The Chiefs could very well be the worste pass rushing defense in the NFL.
    What is even more sad, the first 7 games they blitzed alot! I bet they haven't sacked the QB with just rushing 4, I would say the other 5 came on a blitz.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I'll defend it. Carl pissed of Jared. He was never going to sign with the Chiefs.

We got two decent starters instead of franchising him every year.

Now if you want to talk about the ignorance of pissing of Jared or how pathetic Herm has drafted. Okay.
    Fine, I'll rephrase. There are still people who think we're better off with Dorsey (we'd have drafted OL rather than Dorsey without the trade), Morgan, and Cottam than if we had JA.

The bridges weren't burned entirely at the end of 2007. A new GM, and we could have kept JA as our franchise defensive player.

Fine, I'll rephrase. There are still people who think we're better off with Dorsey (we'd have drafted OL rather than Dorsey without the trade), Morgan, and Cottam than if we had JA.

The bridges weren't burned entirely at the end of 2007. A new GM, and we could have kept JA as our franchise defensive player.
    I understand, they didn't keep JA happy, and they made the move. I understand they didn't keep TG happy, now he will probably go. I understand that they ruined LJ, and couldn't keep he happy at night, and now he will have to go. Will will probably retire, and now who do you have playing for you? All the good players are gone. Starting to remind me of the Royals.

Obviously Allen is a better player than Dorsey. But he wouldn't have made much difference this year anyway. 1 good DE wasn't going to salvage this season, get over it!
    JA would have made the pass rush MUCH better, but the Chiefs still wouldn't have made it to the playoffs..

It's rebuilding time..!

It was a good idea to trade him, whether Herm picked the right players, well that still remains to be seen. Don't forget that Jared Allen is standing next to Kevin and Pat Williams. Its not like they can just double him and forget about them. So he will have good stats. :)

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    Obviously Allen is a better player than Dorsey. But he wouldn't have made much difference this year anyway. 1 good DE wasn't going to salvage this season, get over it!
    JA would have made the pass rush MUCH better, but the Chiefs still wouldn't have made it to the playoffs..

It's rebuilding time..!

It was a good idea to trade him, whether Herm picked the right players, well that still remains to be seen. Don't forget that Jared Allen is standing next to Kevin and Pat Williams. Its not like they can just double him and forget about them. So he will have good stats. :)
    I'm sorry, but that is one of the most foolish things I've ever read. Do you really think that the way to rebuild a team is by trading a 26-year-old homegrown DE, who is one of the best in the league? What do you think "rebuilding" is? Do you really think its drafting a bunch of rookies and hoping for the best?

A team that was really rebuilding would have signed JA long term. A team that was really rebuilding would have signed some veteran leadership to mentor the rookies. A team that was really rebuilding wouldn't be trading young, franchise DEs for project players.

I mean, are you serious? Of course we're not making it to the playoffs with this team. But locking down JA at the DE position would have made better for the next ten years.

Right now, we have nothing to build on. Every bit of talent is being stripped away. And people like you are saying its a good thing. Get your head on straight.

I think you mean that there are people who have accepted it, the part I find hard to believe is that it still constantly gets brought up. Get over it man. It happened. He's gone. We know you don't like it. Are you adding anything new to the conversation or is this just another reason to bring it up AGAIN!

Lemme guess, you hate Herm and CP too.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast