Thread: Over and Over ... why?

Default Over and Over ... why?

Has anyone noticed that while it has been a long time since we have had a LB (other than DJ) that is considered a good starter around the league? To make things worse, it seems like when LBs leave here (usu because we dont think they are worth keeping around) they go and have great careers elsewhere.

This has been happening for awhile, Scott Fujita, Donnie Edwards (the first time he was here), Kawika Mitchell (arguable), and Napoleon Harris (he was picked up by the Vikes and had a fumble return for a TD this week, not sure if he is starting but he is contributing, after we completely cut him off our team).

It seems like we pick-up guys who are decently talented, but they dont do anything here, and excel elsewhere. To me that is a sign of bad coaching (this has been the case since before Herm, but he is obviously not helping). I think at the end of the year, the entire D coaching staff needs to be gutted.

Because we have a coaching staff that has absolutely no idea how to utilize their players.

That it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Because we have a coaching staff that has absolutely no idea how to utilize their players.

That it all.
    UNLEASH THE STUDEBAKER!!!

Fujita is a stud. Why they let him go is beyond me. Kawika Mitchell was good too. Seems as if getting let go by the Chiefs put a chip on his shoulder or he has better coaches now.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Has anyone noticed that while it has been a long time since we have had a LB (other than DJ) that is considered a good starter around the league? To make things worse, it seems like when LBs leave here (usu because we dont think they are worth keeping around) they go and have great careers elsewhere.

This has been happening for awhile, Scott Fujita, Donnie Edwards (the first time he was here), Kawika Mitchell (arguable), and Napoleon Harris (he was picked up by the Vikes and had a fumble return for a TD this week, not sure if he is starting but he is contributing, after we completely cut him off our team).

It seems like we pick-up guys who are decently talented, but they dont do anything here, and excel elsewhere. To me that is a sign of bad coaching (this has been the case since before Herm, but he is obviously not helping). I think at the end of the year, the entire D coaching staff needs to be gutted.
    i agree with you gut the whole defensive coaching staff.including chrumreit and gunther i have tried to give gun the benefit of the doubt. but i think it is time to start over fresh i think herm should go first though

Fujita, Mitchel, and I turned on a game and saw Napolian (sp?) Harris having a great game. Who do we have? I'm sure there was some reason that made sense, but it sure does sting when you see these guys going crazy for other teams. I'd be better with it, if there was some kind of plan you could point to.

This convinces me that our D coaches are just not cutting it. This, and the lack of basics (open field tackling, gap control, and general assignment discipline) convinces me it may be time to overhaul the D management. That says a lot because I tend to be the type of guy that discourages coaching changes.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Fujita is a stud. Why they let him go is beyond me. Kawika Mitchell was good too. Seems as if getting let go by the Chiefs put a chip on his shoulder or he has better coaches now.

Lets not forget Jared Allen. Not that we could have, but Fujita, Mitchell, and Allen....oh what could have been. Screw Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Lets not forget Jared Allen. Not that we could have, but Fujita, Mitchell, and Allen....oh what could have been. Screw Carl.
    I'm trying to forget about Allen. It drives me to drink every time I do remember!

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.