Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey, here is an idea!

Default Hey, here is an idea!

Why don't we root for Detroit to win a couple of games so the chiefs can be first in the draft? Of course the chiefs will probably show fire against Oakland and get totally motivated for the rest of the season so we will get a cruddy spot at draft...

This probably is kinda silly but the season is a washout even if they win the rest of the games
    Last edited by hardcorechiefsfan; 11-29-2008 at 12:31 PM.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    Why don't we root for Detroit to win a couple of games so the chiefs can be first in the draft? Of course the chiefs will probably show fire against Oakland and get totally motivated for the rest of the season so we will get a cruddy spot at draft...

This probably is kinda silly but the season is a washout even if they win the rest of the games
    I do not think this will be a problem. Personally I do not want the first draft choice, to expensive, and probably be a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I do not think this will be a problem. Personally I do not want the first draft choice, to expensive, and probably be a bust.
    Its just that I was so mad at the chiefs for giving away a number one pick to the patriots last draft. I just want the chiefs to have ever advantage.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

I do not know what pick you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Exactly what I was thinkin. Now if we knew how to draft that would be a diff story.

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    Its just that I was so mad at the chiefs for giving away a number one pick to the patriots last draft. I just want the chiefs to have ever advantage.
    that was the 49ers that gave the patriots a first round pick via trade. i do not want the no1 pick overall. and i sure the hell do not want the chiefs to lose anymore games enough is enough. go chiefs spank the raiders. but i have a feeling we will still be incontention for the number 1 overall pick at the end of the year.

We're not gonna be #1 overall, not a chance. If anyone has seen Detroit's upcoming schedule, it's horrendous. I think they'll go 0-16.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    We're not gonna be #1 overall, not a chance. If anyone has seen Detroit's upcoming schedule, it's horrendous. I think they'll go 0-16.
    I PERSONALLY HOPE THEY DO GO 0-16. MAYBE NEXT YEAR WE WILL NOT HAVE TO SEE THEIR SORRY TEAM ON THANKSGIVING ANYMORE.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I also have been saying the past few weeks that I think we might see the first 0-16 team this year with the Lions and considering their remaining schedule (all against teams with winning records). But since it's never happened before (Tampa Bay went 0-14 in 1976 when it was still a 14 game schedule) I also wouldn't be surprised if Detroit manages to win one in spite of themselves.

They have Indi and GB on the road, which are highly likely to be losses. They have Minnesota and New Orleans at home. One of those just may be a game they get an upset. Probably the best bet is Minnesota, since you never know with division rivalries.

If Detroit does beat Minnesota and goes 1-15, and if we also end up 1-15, not sure who gets the tiebreak for first pick there, since both teams will have had a win against a division team and they didn't play each other head to head this year.

Hopefully we beat up the Faders tomorrow and make this first draft pick a rather moot point after all.

I would rather have the #2 pick. Especially if The Lions draft ahead of us. That way they can take any QB thoughts away from us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast