Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: plaxico buress shoots himself

Default plaxico buress shoots himself

WHAT A DUMBASS

Burress wounded in accidental shooting; injury not life threatening

NFL.com Wire Reports

New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress has suffered a non-life threatening injury from a self-inflicted gunshot wound in an accidental shooting that has been confirmed by NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Multiple published reports say Burress suffered the self-inflicted wound at a nightclub on Friday night. Two reports, which are unconfirmed, indicate Burress was shot in the leg and was hospitalized overnight. It is not clear where the accident took place.

Stephen Dunn / Getty Images

"I don't have anything for you at this stage," Giants spokesman Pat Hanlon told The Associated Press from Giants Stadium.
    The Giants, who would not confirm the accident to the AP, are expected to release a statement on Saturday, according to Schefter. Phone calls to Burress' home and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, were not immediately returned.

Burress injured a hamstring two weeks ago against the Baltimore Ravens. The Giants said Friday he would not play Sunday against the Redskins in Washington.

Earlier this season, the 31-year-old receiver was suspended for a game and fined $117,500 for missing a team meeting and failing to notify the team of his absence. He said he had a family emergency.

He also was fined $45,000 by the NFL for his conduct during a game against the 49ers in October when he abused an official and tossed a ball into the stands.

Burress caught the winning pass in the Giants' Super Bowl win over the New England Patriots. He signed a five-year, $35 million contract hours before the season opened in September.
    Last edited by chief31; 11-29-2008 at 07:04 PM.

Amazing.

Saw on the local news tonight that he will likely miss next Sunday's game against Philly (he was going to miss tomorrow's game at Washington anyway with a pulled hamstring) and then maybe return 2 weeks from now. But the Giants did just fine last week without both him and Brandon Jacobs. If they win again in Washington tomorrow, I guess they really are a very deep and solid team that they can withstand some key injuries.

now there starting lb might be getting in trouble to because he tried hiding the gun

Amen! I'd get rid of him. Send a message to the young and upcomming players on your team. Do your job or get the hell out! Besides as someone mentioned, they have some very talented young recievers on that roster. (Hixon, Smith..)

I guess I just do not understand, if you have made a NFL Roster and you are being paid much more than I am being paid, or ever will be paid, why do you do stupid things like be in a bar, where you feel you need a gun to protect yourself! Be a NFL Player, Make Millions and be stupid about it.
    Wonder if LJ is paying attention, and learning to, not be stupid anymore.

what an idiot... plax will not be a giant next year.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    what an idiot... plax will not be a giant next year.
    HAHA!! He'll either be a cowgirl or a fader, or possibly a Cincinatti Criminal!!!
    SHUT IT

Bring a loaded gun into a sea of crowded people? What a dumbass, what if it went off?

er, oh, excuse me, it did go off. Luckily the only person shot was his own dumbass self.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    What a dumbass
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    what an idiot

The New York Post's editorial today called, "The Perils of Plaxico" opens with this:

"Plaxico Burress is a world-champion football player, and a world-class moron."

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    HAHA!! He'll either be a cowgirl or a fader, or possibly a Cincinatti Criminal!!!
    That would be too funny if he became a Cowgirl, joining headcases T.O. and Pacman Jones!

Yet another Cincinnati Bandit would be hilarious too. Plaxico and "Ocho Cinco" as the wideouts, ha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast