Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Holmgren 4 Chiefs = Wins

Default Holmgren 4 Chiefs = Wins

Lets Say Herm And Carl Make It Through The 09 Season.wich I Hope They Do Not. Come The 2010 Season Mike Holmgren Could Be A Leading Candidate For The Gm Position Or Head Coach.the Guys Resume Speaks For Itself. He Is An Awesome Coach And Could Bring Us A Lot Of Wins Back To The Great Franchise Known As The Chiefs.he Has Already Said He Will Take The 09 Season Off But Might Come Back In The 2010 Season.i Just Do Not Know If I Could Put Up With These Two Clowns We Have Right Now For That Long

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Nope. Probably won't happen anyway. Just a hunch, but I don't think Holgren would really be jumping at an opportunity to come here, anyway.
    Anything is a step up from Carl and Herm. I wish Clark would make it happen at the end of this year. But seriously, he aint got the nads to release them from their contracts and REALLY start the rebuilding process the way it shoulda been done 3 years ago...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Lets Say Herm And Carl Make It Through The 09 Season.wich I Hope They Do Not. Come The 2010 Season Mike Holmgren Could Be A Leading Candidate For The Gm Position Or Head Coach.the Guys Resume Speaks For Itself. He Is An Awesome Coach And Could Bring Us A Lot Of Wins Back To The Great Franchise Known As The Chiefs.he Has Already Said He Will Take The 09 Season Off But Might Come Back In The 2010 Season.i Just Do Not Know If I Could Put Up With These Two Clowns We Have Right Now For That Long
    Holmgren is a great coach, but not such a great GM. Right now, there is very little good, young talent on the Seahawks right now, except Lofa Tatupu (and even he's looking terrible this year). Their offense and defense are both wrecked, and their franchise QB is getting long in the tooth. Like Larry Brown in the NBA, he can push a good veteran team over the hump, but he can't work with young players.

And since he's not coming to KC without GM power (or probably even with it), he's not the right guy for this team.

We need someone young (or at least not a retread) in the front office and on the sidelines, if for no other reason than to signal a change in the direction of the franchise.

*ahem*

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post

*ahem*
    I think The Dream is all but dead.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Never hurts to hope, though.

All I can say is Miami was 1-15 last year, brought in a new gm and coach and are 7-5 this year with a good shot at the playoffs. Why the hell can't we do that??
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    All I can say is Miami was 1-15 last year, brought in a new gm and coach and are 7-5 this year with a good shot at the playoffs. Why the hell can't we do that??
    Bill Parcels isn't available and Cowher will probably wind up with the Browns if anybody.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Holmgren is a great coach, but not such a great GM. Right now, there is very little good, young talent on the Seahawks right now, except Lofa Tatupu (and even he's looking terrible this year). Their offense and defense are both wrecked, and their franchise QB is getting long in the tooth. Like Larry Brown in the NBA, he can push a good veteran team over the hump, but he can't work with young players.

And since he's not coming to KC without GM power (or probably even with it), he's not the right guy for this team.

We need someone young (or at least not a retread) in the front office and on the sidelines, if for no other reason than to signal a change in the direction of the franchise.
    what the guy has made a career out of developing players ask brett favre three bad years out of how many with this year being the worse do not try to tell me the packers were a veteran team when he won the superbowl for them

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    what the guy has made a career out of developing players ask brett favre three bad years out of how many with this year being the worse do not try to tell me the packers were a veteran team when he won the superbowl for them
    When the Packers won the SB, Holmgren was the coach and Ron Wolf was the GM. The team was a very effective mixture of vets and players in their prime (Favre was in his 6th season, I think). And you may want to rephrase. Holmgren was valuable in helping them win the SB, but he didn't "win the superbowl for them." Desmond Howard did that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123